Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade period hasn't started yet .....a lot to play out ....we've got something brewing
I like the idea of Hampton, to a lesser extent Talia, and certainly like Menzel but for 2016 we need to cover Dangerfield and these guys won't.

A drop next year doesn't preclude a bounce back in 2017 but the short term not looking so rosy!

Sydney have apparently pulled out the race for Michael Talia and is destined to become a Crow. (unconfirmed, just heard through a mate)

Weird, considering how old Richards and Grundy are. And Sydney's tendency to recruit players.

Kane McGoodwin ....yep like this #1 - Dangerfield + crows 3rd rounder -> murdoch + cats 2015 1st + 2016 1st .

No mention anywhere of Menzel wanting out of Carlton

VB will not be traded

I do believe there is some merit in Aish wanting to know the outcome of the Dangerfield trade b4 showing his hand ....make no bones about it....Aish has high footy intelligence

Redden ...i'm on the fence

Kane McGoodwin ....yep like this #1 - Dangerfield + crows 3rd rounder -> murdoch + cats 2015 1st + 2016 1st .

No mention anywhere of Menzel wanting out of Carlton

VB will not be traded

I do believe there is some merit in Aish wanting to know the outcome of the Dangerfield trade b4 showing his hand ....make no bones about it....Aish has high footy intelligence

Redden ...i'm on the fence
Apparently we have met with menzel & silvagni doesn't rate him too highly.

My vb one is made up on the basis that imo he could do with a change & his leadership is just what the gold coast need. By no means doin expect this to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we have met with menzel & silvagni doesn't rate him too highly.

My vb one is made up on the basis that imo he could do with a change & his leadership is just what the gold coast need. By no means doin expect this to happen.
Where did you hear this ?..... was it a credible source?

If we can't get at least one player of our choosing, plus Geelong's First Round Draft Pick....then we need to send Dangerfield to the Draft. Simple.
Take that stance once, then you never have to do it again.
Have to take a stance ....most supporters would favor this

However a deal will be done .....clubs have good working relationships .....but then again i said that about Sydney a few years ago as well :oops:

Or .... there could be a number of other reasons.

Maybe he is very shy and didn't want to be rude by refusing Richmond?
Maybe he wanted a free dinner?
Maybe he has already agreed with another club?

Who knows?

Isn't more rude to just not turn up for a medical, than it would be to call the club and say you're not interested in moving there?

If we were to trade in Pyke or Jamar on anything more than the absolute minimum $, I personally would be ready to give up.
We need neither, not for back-up, not for SANFL, not for youth development.
The $ we use on them are better spent towards paying overs to attract the needed players such as Redden, Mayes, etc etc

Jamar has already been de-listed by Melbourne I believe, so bringing him in wouldn't cost us anything except the salary and list spot. Pyke is looking like he'll get pushed out and the Swans are chasing Leuenberger for whatever reason (OK player, but always hurt). The only problem is I reckon both would want a multi year deal to come to Adelaide, which I wouldn't be keen on giving to a 32 year old.

That's my main point, the salary it would cost us - I doubt whether Pyke/Jamar would sign up for say $100K or less - and IMO any $ payments above that should be used to overpay and entice those other mentioned players.

Can I ask - is this something you've heard about, or an ideal scenario?
Think it's a good outcome .....but believe we'd settle on the two first rounders

I'd hate a situation of 2015 first round, and this & next years 2nd round picks :thumbsdown: .....i want that 2016 first round pick in a strong draft

Talia as a delisted free agent ? .....depends on whether Bulldogs have withdrawn their contract offer

Not confidant he will make it to Sydney, he won't be at Bulldogs next season that's a no brainer

I think crows will be at the top of his list IMO even with otto signing up

He is a RFA .....but if you're not in top 10 money earners at the club you become a FA .....IIRC Chris Knights was same

If he's an RFA now, than that means he's in the eagles 10 most payed players, he won't just randomly switch to the unrestricted. RFA requires 8+ years and top 25% of TTP, If he wasn't getting paid enough to meet that then he would have been considered unrestricted for the whole year, same as Martin and Otten were both FA's this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back