Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please!!!:thumbsu:
If we can have a good crack at getting redden, Murdoch, hewett, Seedsman, Hampton, Talia and TMenzel in this trade season and maybe even surprise and snag Bennell and maybe Aish/Mayes and come away with 4 or 5 of these our team with look a lot more lethal

If we can have a good crack at getting redden, Murdoch, hewett, Seedsman, Hampton, Talia and TMenzel in this trade season and maybe even surprise and snag Bennell and maybe Aish/Mayes and come away with 4 or 5 of these our team with look a lot more lethal
Are any current crows going to make your team or you just planning to recruit another 18?

If he showed interest and then didn't turn up for the medical it says a lot about him. Or maybe he was worried he would fail the urine test.
Or .... there could be a number of other reasons.

Maybe he is very shy and didn't want to be rude by refusing Richmond?
Maybe he wanted a free dinner?
Maybe he has already agreed with another club?

Who knows?

Heard from someone within the club. Usually pretty accurate.
I just find Redden to the Eagles a strange one.

Why would an SA boy living in Brisbane want to shift to WA when the opportunity is here to move to Adelaide. I've lived in Perth for years (shifted here for work and unlike Paddy don't have the same career opportunities close to home). Can tell you Adelaide is way more liveable than Perth.

Are any current crows going to make your team or you just planning to recruit another 18?
Danger, hendo, Mackay, VB that's 4 replace them with redden, Murdoch, Seedsman, Menzel and if we were lucky get Bennell instead of one of them. MTalia to fight with Hartigan for that CHB spot, Hampton/hewett for depth at this stage it's going for the jugular when we get the chance

That would make sense.

Could depend on selwood's compo, because if not a 2nd rounder, he may end up staying at the weagles.
Highly doubt it .....as a RFA assume Selwood is not in the top 10 earners at the Eagles ....thus making him an unrestricted Free Agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard quite a few people mention Jordan Murdoch from Geelong -

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/jordan-murdoch

The other one I'd consider is Steven Motlop -

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/steven-motlop

I've no doubt there must be others, and would appreciate hearing any names.

But of all the issues we need to address in this upcoming Draft and Trade periods, our burning priority is genuine outside leg speed between the arcs. Or serious lack thereof. All manner of different names crop up - players with different strengths and weaknesses, but for the time being, absolutely everything other than pure speed needs to take a back seat. We have made serious inroads with our foot skills (both at goal and around the paddock), as well as our marking and tackling. Of the games we are losing, gradually less and less of those games are because of kicking accuracy at goals. But what is costing us games is our inability to win back the ball, after we've coughed it up. Opposition teams are racking up more and more uncontested marks/possessions against us, and this points to one very simple issue - we're too slow and can't catch opponents out in the open, away from the congestion. In our loss to Hawthorn, this stood out like a sore thumb.

The other issue is the system we have in place when selecting players i.e. Best Players available -vs- Specific needs. We have just got to start focusing more on needs-based selections, rather than just picking "Player A" because he's "really talented". Unless we can start catching opponents out in the open and forcing turnovers, we're not going to be making serious inroads in any Finals campaigns. At least not any time soon.

The other point is we need to focus more on SA players....in the Draft. If we want to recruit top interstate talent, we need to get them via the Trade Table, more so than the Draft. Reason being, with the current Trade rules and Free Agency, we are losing too many good interstate Draftees that want to head home. But if we Trade interstate players into the club - they've obviously agreed to come to the Crows, as opposed to just being Drafted in - big difference. Many people will can this idea, saying we're limiting our options, but until the Trade rules change, there is no point Drafting in top interstate talent (like Dangerfield) if they want to head home, and we get f*ck all in return. If and when the adopts the policy Hardwick mentioned below, then we should target more players from interstate, but not before.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-21/clubs-deserve-power-dimma

Gunston
Tidbit
Dangerfield
How much longer do we need to see the Crows being used as a stepping stone for highly-ranked players going to other Clubs? :mad:

I'm gonna put a player that I would like us to explore - Jeremy Howe.

I reckon he is not going to cost the earth, but could give us some improvement.

He adds something we don't have. Someone to take a screamer in the forward 50. He also has a bit of a swingman ability in defence.

He is looking to move, looking for a better contract - worth a look?

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly doubt it .....as a RFA assume Selwood is not in the top 10 earners at the Eagles ....thus making him an unrestricted Free Agent
Pretty sure selwood is a rfa as weagles have said they will match I'd compocite inadequate & happy to keep him.

Heard from someone within the club. Usually pretty accurate.
Dammit.

The 2 most important targets this off season which could've kept us in finals, and potentially an improvement on this year were Bennell and Redden :(

I try not to be crazy optimistic or pessimistic but I would have to say that right now we would be the most likely team in the 8 to drop out next year.

I reckon they are not going to cost the earth, but could give us some improvement.

He adds something we don't have. Someone to take a screamer in the forward 50. He also has a bit of a swingman ability in defence.

Overrated, would want too much $$$ for minimal output.

I reckon they are not going to cost the earth, but could give us some improvement.

Nah he's crap. Hangers are all he's good for.

Pretty sure selwood is a rfa as weagles have said they will match I'd compocite inadequate & happy to keep him.
He is a RFA .....but if you're not in top 10 money earners at the club you become a FA .....IIRC Chris Knights was same

I've heard quite a few people mention Jordan Murdoch from Geelong -
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/jordan-murdoch
The other one I'd consider is Steven Motlop -
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/player-profile/steven-motlop
I've no doubt there must be others, and would appreciate hearing any names.<snip>
Well take Motlop off your list - just re-signed a month ago ... is going nowhere.
Murdoch is a maybe, but we will probably end up doing picks only with Geelong for PD

How much longer do we need to see the Crows being used as a stepping stone for highly-ranked players going to other Clubs? :mad:
That is a fallacy. Feel free to look through the countless threads and posts that have de-bunked this idea. Success can turn you into a magnet though - how many players would be up for move to the Hawks? Players that move around looking for success don't always find it. It is just the ones that do we hear about ...

Dammit.

The 2 most important targets this off season which could've kept us in finals, and potentially an improvement on this year were Bennell and Redden :(

I try not to be crazy optimistic or pessimistic but I would have to say that right now we would be the most likely team in the 8 to drop out next year.

Trade period hasn't started yet .....a lot to play out ....we've got something brewing

I reckon he is not going to cost the earth, but could give us some improvement.

Doesn't Howe want $750k pa?

Not worth anywhere near that!

I just find Redden to the Eagles a strange one.

Why would an SA boy living in Brisbane want to shift to WA when the opportunity is here to move to Adelaide. I've lived in Perth for years (shifted here for work and unlike Paddy don't have the same career opportunities close to home). Can tell you Adelaide is way more liveable than Perth.
I find it odd too, but he's never really given any indication he wants to come back to Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back