Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick 36 as a 20 year old after winning Box Hill B&F from memory. He was overlooked for a couple of drafts before getting picked up by Hawks. Brilliant pick on so many levels.
IIRC too short, too chubby, and couldn't kick very far ......he's been a real pro to get his body in its current shape

Mitchell obviously had that real drive to succeed

Hale and Lake probably on the way out. Both lured from other clubs, you'd think the money they're on wouldn't be insignificant (bet Lake's pretty happy with that decision to leave the Dogs 3 years ago!!!)

Reckon most players would be happy to stay on less coin than they'd get elsewhere. You wouldn't want to be the guy demanding a big increase only to traded out of a premiership factory to go play for Brisbane or Essendon.

The Hawthorn side is fast becoming a dads army and their premiership run is closer to an end than not. 2nd tier players not on the huge money start demanding a pay increase to maximise their earning potential. If you won 3 premierships and played in 4 grand finals I think winning a premiership gets crossed of your bucket list and all of a sudden earning potential and setting up your future gets in the way. We have seen with Sydney and Geelong that attracting recruits can be a good by product of Grand Finals but they also start losing players of their list that. I don't think we will see Hawthorn in another grandfinal again for a while.

The Hawthorn side is fast becoming a dads army and their premiership run is closer to an end than not. 2nd tier players not on the huge money start demanding a pay increase to maximise their earning potential. If you won 3 premierships and played in 4 grand finals I think winning a premiership gets crossed of your bucket list and all of a sudden earning potential and setting up your future gets in the way. We have seen with Sydney and Geelong that attracting recruits can be a good by product of Grand Finals but they also start losing players of their list that. I don't think we will see Hawthorn in another grandfinal again for a while.
I wouldn't back against them next year at this stage. But after that, a slide will inevitably happen you'd think. Quick scan through their list is pretty uninspiring after the best 25. They haven't had many high draft picks for the last decade and due to their success, haven't been able to get games into many of the kids.

Can't happen soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't back against them next year at this stage. But after that, a slide will inevitably happen you'd think. Quick scan through their list is pretty uninspiring after the best 25. They haven't had many high draft picks for the last decade and due to their success, haven't been able to get games into many of the kids.

Can't happen soon enough.

They can't rely on trading in talent forever and at some stage the loss of high draft picks will hurt them in the long run. It's been a gifted run but they still rely too heavily on the old guard like Geelong.

Agreed, ever since you mentioned him Bicks I want him. Bring him in, especially if M Crouch is moving on.
Forgot to mention Hewett is a dual sided player, equally good both sides of the body, would immediately be the best kick in our midfield until Brodie Smith finally gets a gig in there regularly. Surely he'd be up for a move home as with Sydney's midfield depth he will need to be ultra patient and a 2nd or 3rd rounder would secure him even if we didn't swap for CEY.

Agreed, ever since you mentioned him Bicks I want him. Bring him in, especially if M Crouch is moving on.
Dayton you have to learn that a BF rumor is just that .....90% is fiction

Let's not add credence by stating M Crouch is going .....it just scares the children

After the premiership win yesterday I think we can count Hawthorn out of any more big name trades for a while. They will have the salary cap breathing down their throats with all the players demanding pay increases including Schoenmakers who would have been on a low salary.

Don't bet on it.

They'll be active again, I'm sure of it.

C

CEY for George Hewett would be ok
No way would you trade CEY for George Hewett. I believe that George has had some concussion problems at Sydney. CEY is miles ahead of him on ability and form at this stage. Maybe a rookie pick if he want to get back near his home at Port Broughton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back