Post your teams here - 2011 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Last couple of posts from that thread:

It's a risky strategy but give me your opinions

16143329.jpg

Just putting some thought into the midfield and was thinking how can I get away from spending so much money on the likes of a Swan, GAJ, or Boyd.

A large skill in this time wasting game is figuring out who YOU think will be the big improvers and therefore making value for money decisions.

Who do you think may progress from a premium (say a 90-100ppg player) to a super premium this year and WHY?

A couple of possibilities for mine are:

M. Murphy - A fitter McLean may mean more clearances and more outside possies for the likes of Murphy and Simpson. Been in the system a few years now and should be ready to peak. Gibbs another one for Carlton who may as well with potentially more time in the guts

Sylvia - seems to be past alot of his injury dramas and looks to me to have as much talent as anyone in the game. An improving Demons should help

Buddy - Hale as a third tall should help, a fit Hawks side with Rioli, SBurg, Sewell fully fit will definately help

Agree with these or not and who do you reckon???

From the OP:

First Post

WOW, you have got some balls to be playing that risky. If any of those rookies in the middle go down injured and don't get a price rise you are going to have to suck in a trade without any payout. Then there is the volitility of guys not getting games because of some poor form that comes with having the rookies. Big drawbacks if they don't ALL work out, but if they do some serious dosh will come your way. Good luck if you are going to play that radical.

Second post:

I clearly agree with players who should boost their prices because they are all in my team at the moment. Adding on I would say Sam Fisher might have a price boost, as he re-emerges as the main driving force out of the St Kilda backline, when Gilbert goes forward. Mitch Morton could be a big winner if he performs, big IF though.

Not getting much love, ill try one last time..

Backs: Goddard, Bruce, Deledio, Duffield, Suban, Otten, Toy (Duigan, Hibberd, Puopolo)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Gibbs, Tambling, Swallow (Heppell, Harris, Callinan)

Rucks: Jolly, Jacobs (Smith, McCauley)

Forwards: Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Yarran, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Krakouer (Matera, Mzungu, Smith)

28K in the bank

Backs: Goddard, Bruce, Deledio, Duffield, Suban, Otten, Toy (Duigan, Hibberd, Puopolo)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Gibbs, Tambling, Swallow (Heppell, Harris, Callinan)

Forwards: Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Yarran, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Krakouer (Matera, Mzungu, Smith)

28K in the bank

Looks pretty good I think, possibly too many mid-pricers in the forward line though?
Possibly downgrade Tambling (or even on of your premium mids for more $) to another rookie mid, then use that to upgrade one or two of Yarran, Danger or Zaharakis. Just my suggestion!

Backs: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, M. Hurley, A. Otten, P. Puopolo (D Talia, J Brennan, N. Duigan)

Mids: D. Swan, M. Boyd, J. Bartel, K. Jack, D. Swallow, D. Harris (A. Gaff, T Mzungu, D. Heppell)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, J. Fraser (J. Tippett, R. Campbell)

Forwards: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, C. Knights, D. Petrie, A. Krakouer (C. Richardson, L. Tapscott, B. Matera)

9K left.

Appreciate any feedback/suggestions!

From the OP:

First Post

WOW, you have got some balls to be playing that risky. If any of those rookies in the middle go down injured and don't get a price rise you are going to have to suck in a trade without any payout. Then there is the volitility of guys not getting games because of some poor form that comes with having the rookies. Big drawbacks if they don't ALL work out, but if they do some serious dosh will come your way. Good luck if you are going to play that radical.

Second post:

I clearly agree with players who should boost their prices because they are all in my team at the moment. Adding on I would say Sam Fisher might have a price boost, as he re-emerges as the main driving force out of the St Kilda backline, when Gilbert goes forward. Mitch Morton could be a big winner if he performs, big IF though.

You could argue that it's less risky this year though due to the increase in trades and the available dual positioned rookies.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Duffield, Carazzo, Adcock, Otten, Heppel
(B,Jacobs, J Troy, N Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Pavlich, Foley, D Swallow
(A Gaff, D Harris, S Atley)

Rucks: Cox, Goldstien
(Z Smith, M Bailey)

Forwards: Chapman, Franklin, Harvey,N Riewoldt, Petrie, Krackouer, D Prestia
(C Richardson, T Mzungu,B Matera)

There you go thanks ,

If anyone esle would like to rate my team or who move out of the side would be appreciated ta

28K in the bank

Think you'll hit a snag come round 6, down back. Bye - Geelong Hawthorn & Freo, which means no Bruce, Duffield, Suban & Puopolo. I don't believe any of those guys are DPP's, which means Gibbs & Heppell can't swap back and cover - no biggy if you're just playing for a league win. Perhaps swap Suban for a defender that deosn't have the round 6 bye.

Neil Craig reckons Tambling mightn't be in their best 22, apparently. If he isn't, I'd probably shift Dangerfield into your midfield, to give you more access to your forwards, if needed to cover mids - vice-versa.

Yarran - I like him and he is capable. Just worry that with Betts and co around, he becomes less of a target. If he can get a bit of midfiled time, that would really help - he's got the pace for it, but not sure about the tank.

Other than that, pretty solid team.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Duffield, Carazzo, Adcock, Otten, Heppel
(B,Jacobs, J Troy, N Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Pavlich, Foley, D Swallow
(A Gaff, D Harris, S Atley)

Rucks: Cox, Goldstien
(Z Smith, M Bailey)

Forwards: Chapman, Franklin, Harvey,N Riewoldt, Petrie, Krackouer, D Prestia
(C Richardson, T Mzungu,B Matera)
Not a bad effort, not sure about Carazzo or starting Pavlich in the midfield. Not sure Prestia will start many games early on.

Thoughts on my team:
4ljas1.jpg

Not a bad effort, not sure about Carazzo or starting Pavlich in the midfield. Not sure Prestia will start many games early on.

Thoughts on my team:
4ljas1.jpg

Very solid team but I don't know about having, Otten, Adcock, Foley, Knights and Petrie in the side considering they are all coming off very little football in 2010, a risk that could go either way for you.

Yeah, I was thinking high risk high reward.

My team in virtually identical to yours apart from Deledio, Adcock, Foley, Petrie and Knights plus a few on the bench. Instead I have Grimes, Toy, Bartel, Rioli and Callinan on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone a bit unique this year:

Defenders: Goddard, H. Shaw, Grundy, Birchall, Chaplin, Adcock, Otten (Faulks, Duigan, Anderoli)

Midfielders: Swan, Chapman, Davey, Palmer, Swallow, Harris (Hibberd, Wallis, Callinan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Campbell, McCulloch)

Forwards: Franklin, Didak, Riewoldt, Gilbert, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Mzungu (Richardson, Darling, Hamp)

$2,600 left over

Do I have too many missing premiums?

I've got a good feeling about this team:

Dickteam2.jpg

Easton Wood scored 47.9 last year after 11 games last year
Brad Dick To injury prone for my likeing
Jayden Post not a possession getter
Cam Hitchcock is the same
Lindsay Thomas is to inconsistent
Cale Hooker is a stoper so i don't think he will be a possession getter

Thought on my current team

Should be good enough to beat pillager this year, although he might get across the line with alot of luck

Lake, Gilbert, NLM, Milburn, Symes, R.Hayden, Nicoski (Dawson, C.Heath, Cribbin)

Ablett, J.Selwood, C.Morton, Rosa, Kerr, E.Barlow (Cowan, Johannissen, Mullett)

Hille, Minson (Pyke, Seamus mac)

Brennan, Pods, Dunn, Macaffer, Hitchcock, Neagle, Post (Von Bertouch, Mellington, Bray)

Thoughts on my team, really hoping for a top 20k spot so i can just sneak past pillager.

Easton Wood scored 47.9 last year after 11 games last year
Brad Dick To injury prone for my likeing
Jayden Post not a possession getter
Cam Hitchcock is the same
Lindsay Thomas is to inconsistent
Cale Hooker is a stoper so i don't think he will be a possession getter

It was only my innuendo team, but thanks for the advice. :)

Thought on my current team

Should be good enough to beat pillager this year, although he might get across the line with alot of luck

Lake, Gilbert, NLM, Milburn, Symes, R.Hayden, Nicoski (Dawson, C.Heath, Cribbin)

Ablett, J.Selwood, C.Morton, Rosa, Kerr, E.Barlow (Cowan, Johannissen, Mullett)

Hille, Minson (Pyke, Seamus mac)

Brennan, Pods, Dunn, Macaffer, Hitchcock, Neagle, Post (Von Bertouch, Mellington, Bray)

Thoughts on my team, really hoping for a top 20k spot so i can just sneak past pillager.

Cale Morton is out for 2 months with a finger
Campbell Heath (knee) - 12-16 weeks
Neagle, Post Von Bertouch, Mellington, Bray drop them
Kerr is a big risk that i won't take
E.Barlow no
There a few others i would drop

Cale Morton is out for 2 months with a finger
Campbell Heath (knee) - 12-16 weeks
Neagle, Post Von Bertouch, Mellington, Bray drop them
Kerr is a big risk that i won't take
E.Barlow no
There a few others i would drop

Thanks for the advice, certainly will help heaps and should go a long way to victory over pillager.

So you think the tennis player Johanassian, Cribbin and mullet boy are the goods. Well at least ive got some rookies right.

C.morton ill keep with him, might just sit on the bench for first 3 -4 rounds. Than BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM he goes BOOMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I just swapped Heath for Frawley an AA what more can you ask for at that price.

28K in the bank

get rid of Judd(coming off heel and groin problems) and put gibbs in the backline. also have to many mid priced players in the forward line (zaharakis,yarran,danger) keep 1 or 2 out of these and get another premium if possible

Thanks for the advice, certainly will help heaps and should go a long way to victory over pillager.

So you think the tennis player Johanassian, Cribbin and mullet boy are the goods. Well at least ive got some rookies right.

C.morton ill keep with him, might just sit on the bench for first 3 -4 rounds. Than BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM he goes BOOMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I just swapped Heath for Frawley an AA what more can you ask for at that price.

Johanassian won't play much i think
Cribbin not sure might be hard for him to get in
Mullet never heard of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back