Post your teams here - 2011 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Callinan and Mzungu gone, a lot of people lost their links.

I guess, but for mine it's worth rearranging the team as it'll definitely come in handy. With 4 of my forwards DP with the mids, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it.

For mine, moved Heppell from defence to mids (for Swallow), replaced him with Lower, took out Mzungu and moved Krakouer to the mids, replacing him with Darling in the backline.

Save 70k and still have very solid rookie options.

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Toy, Puopolo)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Rockliff, Krakouer, Heppell (Harris, Atley, Hibberd)
RUCKS: Cox, Jolly (Smith, Derikx)
FORWARDS: Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Higgins, Morton, Knights, Richardson (Matera, Darling, Smith)

I guess, but for mine it's worth rearranging the team as it'll definitely come in handy. With 4 of my forwards DP with the mids, I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it.

For mine, moved Heppell from defence to mids (for Swallow), replaced him with Lower, took out Mzungu and moved Krakouer to the mids, replacing him with Darling in the backline.

Save 70k and still have very solid rookie options.

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Toy, Puopolo)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Rockliff, Krakouer, Heppell (Harris, Atley, Hibberd)
RUCKS: Cox, Jolly (Smith, Derikx)
FORWARDS: Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Higgins, Morton, Knights, Richardson (Matera, Darling, Smith)

What the rd6 byes, you have 4 players missing that round in your backline.

What the rd6 byes, you have 4 players missing that round in your backline.

Not ideal, but assuming no injuries I can account for all the zeros. Byes are a part of the game and I'm not going to bother too much about the 3 team byes unless it's something ridiculous.

Bartel - Harris
Lower - Duigan
Broughton - Hibberd
Heppell - Atley
Enright - Heppell

Using DP, that'll account for all players. Might cop a zero but so be it.

:confused: No need for all that.

If you think Smith will get early games, why not just move him into the mids for Mzungu and bring in Darling? There's your M/F link. Swap him with Krakouer if you want a better scorer in the mids.

Also better to keep Heppell in the backs. If you want to play him in the mids, just swap him with Hibberd. Bring in Lower for Puopolo.

You keep Swallow that way.

:confused: No need for all that.

If you think Smith will get early games, why not just move him into the mids for Mzungu and bring in Darling? There's your M/F link, swap him with Krakouer if you want a better scorer.

Also better to keep Heppell in the backs. If you want to play him in the mids, just swap him with Hibberd. And you keep Swallow that way.

Was considering it but the above saves me 70k, whereas this way I saved nothing. While Swallow will no doubt be good, there's a lot of decent rookie options this season thanks to the GC and mature-aged players.

With that 70k, I basically traded out Pavlich for Boyd. Rather Lower and Boyd than Swallow and Pavlich.

Ive done alot of thinking and with the Mzungu injury will be starting 3 Gold Coast players in the forward line. While it's not ideal having three players from the one team in the one position, it will be better to confront this situation early rather than between rounds 2 - 9. Alot of these will be out before the Goldcoast's second bye in round 9 so that is not an issue. I have sufficient DP links between my mids and forwards so Swan, Pendlebury and Krakouer in the middle is fine.
The team looks like this;

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Mackie, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Stanley, Lower, Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Pendlebury, Foley, Swallow, Krakouer (Harris, Bewick, Hibberd)

Rucks: Cox, Jolly (Smith, Tippett)

Forwards: Franklin, Sylvia, S Johnson, N Riewoldt, Fyfe, Petrie, Prestia (Matera, Richardson, Dixon)

What are your thoughts?
24K in the bank

Was considering it but the above saves me 70k, whereas this way I saved nothing. While Swallow will no doubt be good, there's a lot of decent rookie options this season thanks to the GC and mature-aged players.

With that 70k, I basically traded out Pavlich for Boyd. Rather Lower and Boyd than Swallow and Pavlich.

Oh right, didn't realise you re-invested the 70K.

Still better to have one of Heppell/Hibberd in the backs anyway. Consider ditching Puopolo.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbert, Deledio, Enright. Otten, Heppell
(Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Selwod, D. Swallow, Gaff, Mzungu
(Hibberd, Pittard, Harris)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
(Z. Smith, Moran)

Fwds: Chapman, Franklin, Sylvia, Reiwoldt, Higgins, Krakouer, Richardson
(Pitt, I. Smith, Matera)

Thoughts?

$12,800 remaining

Not ideal, but assuming no injuries I can account for all the zeros. Byes are a part of the game and I'm not going to bother too much about the 3 team byes unless it's something ridiculous.

Bartel - Harris
Lower - Duigan
Broughton - Hibberd
Heppell - Atley
Enright - Heppell

Using DP, that'll account for all players. Might cop a zero but so be it.

Broughton isn't b/m so you won't be able to DP Hibberd back there. I agree about not going overboard worrying about the byes, but don't want to cop 0s either.

Would really appreciate some thoughts on this team

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Suban, Heppell, Tarrant, Toy, Duigan, Lower.

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Burgoyne, Foley, Krakouer, Harris, Savage, Irons.

Rucks: Cox, Jolly, Smith, McCauley

Fwds: Franklin, Sylvia, Johnson, Higgins, Fyfe, Knights, Richardson, Darling,
Matera, Prestia

$53,700 remaining.

The ones in bold may still be swapped around with other similar priced players, but other than that I'm pretty happy. Feedback appreciated.

Backs - Lake has had no pre season and might not play round 1.
Mids - Cooney has had a limited pre season.
Rucks - Your looking at a donut in rd 1. Petrie is suspended rd 1 and that's a risky set up anyway.
Fwds - Looks good.

Made a few changes.. wouldnt mind knowing your thoughts now, cheers.

Backs: Goddard, Gilbert, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Ottens, Duigan (Puopolo, Toy, Stanley)

Mids: Pendlebury, Bartel, Gibbs, Sylvia, Foley, Swallow (Heppell, Hibberd, Harris

Rucks: Ryder, Cox (Derickx, McCauley)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Krakouer (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

would love to get Xac Smith on my ruck bench, no doubt ill make a few changes in the coming week and a bit..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made a few changes.. wouldnt mind knowing your thoughts now, cheers.

Backs: Goddard, Gilbert, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Ottens, Duigan (Puopolo, Toy, Stanley)

Mids: Pendlebury, Bartel, Gibbs, Sylvia, Foley, Swallow (Heppell, Hibberd, Harris

Rucks: Ryder, Cox (Derickx, McCauley)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Knights, Krakouer (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

Not keen on Gilbert in the backs.
Sylvia would probably be better placed in the forward line and I wouldn't pick Gibbs as a Mid (maybe look at murphy or stants).
Strong forward line though, so above sylvia comment may not apply.

BACKLINE: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Gwilt, Everitt, Otten, Puopolo (Buckley, Lower, Hibberd)

My weakest third. Thoughts on other players I could swap for?...players potentially in the mix Adcock, Astbury, Surjan, Campbell Brown, Drummond, McGrath.

BACKLINE: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Gwilt, Everitt, Otten, Puopolo (Buckley, Lower, Hibberd)

Probably my weakest third. Thoughts on other players I could swap for?

I'm struggling in that area too. Just not really sure on who to buy at under $320k in the backline. All I can see is R. Shaw, Everitt and Adcock (who I already have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back