Post your teams here - 2011 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Otten? Everyone has him in their starting lineup, but most people on the Adelaide board (round 1 lineup) don't have him in their best 22.

What's the deal with Otten? Everyone has him in their starting lineup, but most people on the Adelaide board (round 1 lineup) don't have him in their best 22.

Cause adelaide supporters are stupid. They come on here every year and hype their rookies up only for them to debut in rnd 21 instead of rnd 1. :cool:

Cause adelaide supporters are stupid. They come on here every year and hype their rookies up only for them to debut in rnd 21 instead of rnd 1. :cool:
nice sweeping generalisation.

Im tipping you were stupid enough to go along with the hype one year and it did you no favours. Get over it.

Backs:

Goddard, Shaw, Hurley, Tape, Gibbs, Gwilt, Rawlings (J stanley, M watson, J webster)

Mids:

Hayes, Selwood, Pendlebury, Boak, Mclean, Swallow (Hibberd, Harris, J Bolton)

Ruck:

Sandilands, Petrie (J Tippett, B McCauley)

Forwards:

Riewoldt, Champman, Krackouer, Knights, Franklin, Pavlich, Richardson (Prestia, Mzungu, Darling)

Let me know what you reckon guys.
I'm quietly confident, but i'm sure there will be a few changes come round 1.

Backs:

Goddard, Shaw, Hurley, Tape, Gibbs, Gwilt, Rawlings (J stanley, M watson, J webster)

Mids:

Hayes, Selwood, Pendlebury, Boak, Mclean, Swallow (Hibberd, Harris, J Bolton)

Ruck:

Sandilands, Petrie (J Tippett, B McCauley)

Forwards:

Riewoldt, Champman, Krackouer, Knights, Franklin, Pavlich, Richardson (Prestia, Mzungu, Darling)

Let me know what you reckon guys.
I'm quietly confident, but i'm sure there will be a few changes come round 1.
Get rid of bolded players. Either injured, suspended or won't play this year.

Is that Jude Bolton on the bench in the midfield?

Okay I post my teams often here because people are always good help:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Duigan, Hibberd (Toy, Puopolo, Faulks)

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Boak, Anthony, Heppell, Atley (Swallow, Harris, Smith)

Rucks: Cox, Jolly (Smith, Derickx)

Forwards: Chapman, Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Higgins, Petrie, Krak, (Matera, Prestia, Richardson)

$119,400 left

Notes:

- There's 15 players 330k+ who are all premium or close to premium keepers, plus Krak, Otten and Petrie who I feel are mature aged locks. Heppell, Duigan, Hibberd I see as getting games. The only iffy one is Atley, but I have players like Krakouer and Smith to cycle through there. If need be, I can swap Atley for a Conca type who will most likely play 22 games. However I have confidence that Atley who is an early draft pick can pull a Bastinac and play 22. North has form, and mid teens draftees have form as well, especially a player such as Atley who North fans cream themselves over.

- I've tried to limit the number of GC players to 2 on any line. Having three GC mids seems risky. Iles seems tempting though.

- Backline seems weak, but I see strengths in the rookie backs. Duigan is a matured aged back, Heppell can play back, Faulks will IMO be a Silvagni type 60 av 22 gamer, Puopolo is a mature aged and Toy seems highly rated. Hibberd looks the goods. Willing to reconsider though.

- Nevertheless, if someone does think I don't bat long enough down back, I could downgrade Chapman to Goodes, Higgins to Dangerfield and be able to afford a 355k or so back. IMO though, Chapman, Higgins and Duigan = Goodes, Dangerfield and most likely Russell, particularly due to Duigan or whoever's earning capacity. I don't think it's a massive change and I don't see a massive earning improvement, and the benefit of Chapman is his captaincy capacity, where he will rack up big in Geelong without Ablett IMO. Keeping tabs on his injuries though, although I do see Chapman playing 18+ games, and he is my only cat.

- I'm so close to picking Pendles or Thomas. But I had to move Krak into the mids to cover Mzungu (then switched him with Smith) and I traded out Petrie, put him in the forwardline to cover Krak. So who is my second ruck? Jolly will average 5+ his price IMO, and he's consistent and rarely misses matches. Having two pies is enough, three and we have problems. Plus two pies in different positions > two pies in the same position. I also see Pendles' and Thomas' improvement = Jolly's. Essentially I swaped Mzungu for Jolly and rotated Krak and Petrie. I could've swapped Mzungu for Pendles but I like Petrie in the forwardline due to him having more coverage, and Jolly looks a solid citizen.

Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Suban, Otten, Heppel, Stanley (Laidler, Puopolo, Hibberd)

Swan, Boyd, Hayes, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Swallow (Conca, Harris, Atley)

Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)

Franklin, Didak, Riewoldt, Zaharakis, Petterd, Knights, Krakouer, (Prestia, Richardson, Matera)

I pulled out of Chapman and I had some probelms with Robert Campbell, Ian Callinan and Mzungu injured but hopefully I can get the latter two into the team later this year. Any feedback would be good, particularly on the defenders.

I would get rid of Petterd. Just don't know if he is up ti it to be honest, can have some good games but i had him last season for a while and he is known to be very inconsistent. Dangerfield also seems like an odd one in the midfield, when you could grab somebody like nathan foley for a similar price.

Downgrade McLean, upgrade Tape.
Oh yeh, you need to change your rookies too, particularly back rookies.

Ha i knew these would be the comments I would get.
For some reason I have a really good feeling about Mclean this year, if he manages to stay fit i really think he could fire. Unless you know something I don't? if you do, please tell. And after watching a few games of Tape, i think he could be a good starter for any DT squad. I can't see him missing many games and if he can get an average of around 70 i'll be happy.

Also I have upgraded my rookies now, got puapolo and duigan.
And yeah J bolton was referring to Jye. He impressed me in the NAB. Probably won't be able to break in any time soon, but maybe mid year when some players are having a rest. I've got the GC boys to fill in for injuries so Jye is just an experiment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to mention the fact that yeah, I am trying for a league win predominantly - so that hawthorn factor is even less so. As far as the rookies go - they're going to change around no doubt, and yeah, like everyone else, the team sheets will prompt some changes.

Good point with Heppel though - I'll be watching the media closely to see what's going to be a likely ongoing role for him. Probably makes the decision somewhat easier, because it lets me switch him out for Hibberd in the mids, and then find another GC backman that's likely to play 22. Not that I'm playing for the DP really, but Hibberd looked good enough on friday to earn a spot anyway (assuming he plays) , and it seems like the best link to have would be bench <-> gun anyway. (which I would have). Incidentally frees up some cash too, which is nice.

Had a late change of heart and I'm having a good feeling about Sylvia now - might see what options I have to bring him in.

I was happy with my team a few days ago but I've decided to have a change of heart on a few players too! Freaking annoying esp. when it requires a re-shuffle of structure!

I wasn't necessarily saying get rid of Heppell, just that he may not be your best on field option. I have Heppell and Hibberd as you do - and think Hibberd will get early opportunities due to Slattery breaking his thumb (Might be back round 3??)

Any other comments I make will just make your team identical to mine so I'll hold my tongue. You have a good team (I hope!)

That doesn't even make sense. Apparently none of us have selected him, which would suggest we aren't on him at all, yet you accuse us of "hyping" round one debuts??

Otten is not a rookie - he is coming off a knee reconstruction.

Even if you have met one Adelaide fan that is stupid - it would be naive to generalise. Perhaps your comment shouldn't surprise me :D

That doesn't even make sense. Apparently none of us have selected him, which would suggest we aren't on him at all, yet you accuse us of "hyping" round one debuts??

Otten is not a rookie - he is coming off a knee reconstruction.

Even if you have met one Adelaide fan that is stupid - it would be naive to generalise. Perhaps your comment shouldn't surprise me :D

Okay then Mr. Guru Adelaide supporter that I bow before. Give me one good reason why Otten is not best 21 at adelaide? One good reason.

I bet you can't come up with one.

PS. Don't tell me stuff that I already know. Where did I say that Otten was a rookie?

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, broughton, duffield, gram, otton, hibbered
(buckley, Toy, duigan)

Mids
swan, Boyd, Montanyna, pendlebury, polec, heppell
(Swollow D ,harris, Atley)

Rucks
Sandilands Cox
(smith, Keefee)

Forwards
Franklin, Riewoldt, rioli, Higgins, Gamble, Krackouer, richardson c
(Prestia, Matera, Smith i)

Feedback welcome

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, broughton, duffield, gram, otton, hibbered
(buckley, Toy, duigan)

Mids
swan, Boyd, Montanyna, pendlebury, polec, heppell
(Swollow D ,harris, Atley)

Rucks
Sandilands Cox
(smith, Keefee)

Forwards
Franklin, Riewoldt, rioli, Higgins, Gamble, Krackouer, richardson c
(Prestia, Matera, Smith i)

Feedback welcome

i like it. very solid IMO but i have just a couple of concerns with it.. Duffield im not sold on, Buckley will struggle to get a game even with his good pre-season form. Very strong rucks:thumbsu:

Newly updated

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Bruce, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppel, Duigan, Puopolo, Lower

MIDFIELD: Swan, Boyd, Pendlebury, Montagna, Cotchin, Wallis, Hibbberd, Smith

RUCKS: Cox, Jolly, Smith, Keefe

FORWARDS: Franklin, S Johnson, Higgins, M Morton, Knights, Krackour, Prestia, Matera, Darling, Michie

Ha i knew these would be the comments I would get.
For some reason I have a really good feeling about Mclean this year, if he manages to stay fit
i really think he could fire. Unless you know something I don't? if you do, please tell. And after watching a few games of Tape, i think he could be a good starter for any DT squad. I can't see him missing many games and if he can get an average of around 70 i'll be happy..

Because his best football is behind him now.

There's lots of better options available. Why risk it?

Guilty. Got me. Fell into the Tippet trap.

I guess the same could be said about any player that doesnt quite work out... Carazzo, Mayne, Shaw, Hargrave. All have caused me huge headaches

Guilty. Got me. Fell into the Tippet trap.
Tippett trap? i thought everyone knew he was going to score poorly in his first year playing AFL...the only reason for picking him that year was because he was guaranteed games.
i would say, majority of crows fans would have Otten in their best 21.

BACKS

Goddard - Gibbs - Broughton - Grimes - Bock - Adcock - Otten

Bench: Heppell - Duigan - Stanley

MIDS

Swan - Sylvia - Delidio - Vince - Sidebottom - Swallow

Bench: Harris - Blease - Mzungu

Rucks

Cox - Petrie

Bench: Campbell - Bathie

FORWARDS

Riewoldt - Brown - Brennan - Rioli - Jurrah - Knights - Krakour

Bench: Matera- Smith - Richardson

Thoughts?

I have tried to utilise Dual position players as much as possible to help cover byes/ short term injuries ie Sylvia/muzungu can be swapped with Brennan/Krak/Smith

$20,900 in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back