Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the mods removed my whipping boy thread, I have to post it here.

This week in no particular order it’s

1. Hayward
2. Lloyd
3. Campbell

Remember - win lose or draw there will always be whipping boys.

Have at it

Usually I am on the whipping boy bandwagon, but I am still chairing the Hayward fan club meetings. Attendance is down

Would you rather win a million dollars or have Gulden Rowbottom and Mcdonald contract extensions announced tomorrow?
The $1 million for me. Then I'll give it to them as extra income, Geelong-style.

The $1 million for me. Then I'll give it to them as extra income, Geelong-style.

Lloyd run and carry
Ignoring his girlfriend in footy season

now we can add Lateral thinking

Would you rather win a million dollars or have Gulden Rowbottom and Mcdonald contract extensions announced tomorrow?
Compromise Shrug GIF

Not that I'm greedy or anything :embarrassedv1:

Am looking for all our comrades in Sydney to get all aboard the new ground for Sydney campaign…. Sydney is the most beloved sporting club in Oz but is locked into playing at a Toy Town mini stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am looking for all our comrades in Sydney to get all aboard the new ground for Sydney campaign…. Sydney is the most beloved sporting club in Oz but is locked into playing at a Toy Town mini stadium.
You keep going on about this but until we repeatedly and consistently sell out the SCG its not even close to being financially viable. Also, where the hell are we going to build it?

I'm also sick of the shithole that is the MCG, but you can't tear it down.

I'm not sure where to post this which is why I suppose here is the best spot....

I was just watching the interview with Laura Kane on afl.com.au. I'm struggling to link it but it's the latest edition of Footy Feed - a one on one interview by Sarah Olle of Kane. I have to say Kane presents very well. However she made my blood boil by not giving straight answers to straight questions. They are discussing the incident where Stocker dives for the ball, knocks it on and then Dangerfield crashes into him kneeing him in the back and a free is paid against Stocker for contact below the knees. Kane says we are "comfortable with where that decision landed" (an expression she uses a few times). Olle tries to clarify - what is the significance of Stocker getting first hands on the ball and Kane totally waffles her way past it. Despite her making a good impression on me until that point I was just baffled and infuriated.

Something similar happened later on when Olle asked Kane directly about whether next year if there's an opening round would the teams that play in the opening round be fixtured against each other in Round 1 to smooth out any unfairness. And again, Kane just totally ducks the question but without acknowledging that she's doing so. I could understand if she said something like "well, we'll have to decided that down the track, we haven't even decided if Opening Round will be repeated yet" - but to pretend she's answering the question but not do it smacks of the worst traits of politicians. Ugh!

I'm not sure where to post this which is why I suppose here is the best spot....

I was just watching the interview with Laura Kane on afl.com.au. I'm struggling to link it but it's the latest edition of Footy Feed - a one on one interview by Sarah Olle of Kane. I have to say Kane presents very well. However she made my blood boil by not giving straight answers to straight questions. They are discussing the incident where Stocker dives for the ball, knocks it on and then Dangerfield crashes into him kneeing him in the back and a free is paid against Stocker for contact below the knees. Kane says we are "comfortable with where that decision landed" (an expression she uses a few times). Olle tries to clarify - what is the significance of Stocker getting first hands on the ball and Kane totally waffles her way past it. Despite her making a good impression on me until that point I was just baffled and infuriated.

Something similar happened later on when Olle asked Kane directly about whether next year if there's an opening round would the teams that play in the opening round be fixtured against each other in Round 1 to smooth out any unfairness. And again, Kane just totally ducks the question but without acknowledging that she's doing so. I could understand if she said something like "well, we'll have to decided that down the track, we haven't even decided if Opening Round will be repeated yet" - but to pretend she's answering the question but not do it smacks of the worst traits of politicians. Ugh!
Just linked it in the General Discussion thread :thumbsu:

Hmmm… bit of revisionism happening there. Go back and watch, say, the Freo game from last season when Parker was in beast mode. Just one of many from last season alone.
Hey don't get me wrong Parker was a warrior of a midfielder at times (I remember the Roos game), and he tries his guts out, but I just think he's not as good or accurate or as hard as Heeney has shown so far. If Heeney stinks it up then sure, throw him back in the forward line. But I've often found myself thinking that we'd be better off with someone else in the middle rather than Luke. He's well past his best anyway and I don't think he's as capable of swinging a game as Heeney.

Also, frustratingly, Heeney missed everything in the forward line last year and Parker hit everything. There's also that.

Hey don't get me wrong Parker was a warrior of a midfielder at times (I remember the Roos game), and he tries his guts out, but I just think he's not as good or accurate or as hard as Heeney has shown so far. If Heeney stinks it up then sure, throw him back in the forward line. But I've often found myself thinking that we'd be better off with someone else in the middle rather than Luke. He's well past his best anyway and I don't think he's as capable of swinging a game as Heeney.

Also, frustratingly, Heeney missed everything in the forward line last year and Parker hit everything. There's also that.
Swans V Pies.. there were many times when I looked up to see Heeney or Warner or JMac or Jordon and probably other midfielders deep in the fwd line.
When Parker comes back in (which I reckon he will as soon as hes 100% fit), he'll be just another midfielder rotating through the fwd line. I reckon Heeney will continue to play a very similar role.

How many different players rotating through fwd and mid is too many?? I reckon as long as the Swans players know what's happening, then there cant be too many. It would confuse the hell out of the opposition.
To see Warner take two uncontested marks inside 50 + JMac take one + Lloyd should've taken one,, made me think that maybe the pies defence was a bit confused .. not to mention Heeneys contested marks

Swans V Pies.. there were many times when I looked up to see Heeney or Warner or JMac or Jordon and probably other midfielders deep in the fwd line.
When Parker comes back in (which I reckon he will as soon as hes 100% fit), he'll be just another midfielder rotating through the fwd line. I reckon Heeney will continue to play a very similar role.

How many different players rotating through fwd and mid is too many?? I reckon as long as the Swans players know what's happening, then there cant be too many. It would confuse the hell out of the opposition.
To see Warner take two uncontested marks inside 50 + JMac take one + Lloyd should've taken one,, made me think that maybe the pies defence was a bit confused .. not to mention Heeneys contested marks
I'm not a big fan of forward rotations if Heeney only spends 10% of the time in the middle and relying on other players to make plays.

I’ve criticised Parker in the past for not stepping up in the midfield when we didnt really have a strong ruck and when we were getting beaten up.

But he was a gun during Hickeys RJ run and we should give Parker the benefit of the doubt that he can return to his gun form with Grundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back