Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

he's not really a bad kick, but he's not really a good kick. he's an inconsistent kick. sometimes he'll kick a spearing drop punt straight onto a chest, then he'll * up a more easier kick, wobbling it nowhere near the target. it's pretty frustrating

Watched the replay the other week and his first half was absolutely horrendous... but at the same time so was Roo's. If those two had kicked straight early we could have still been in the game at half time.
He was the one that was looking like he might have actually gotten us back into the game though. I remember after the game that Mick Malthouse was asked who it was that he felt was their biggest threat while the game was still a contest and as such the one they needed to shut down and he said it was Gilbo. From memory he had 4 shots for goal in the 2nd quarter.

One of the things that really pissed me off about Ross Lyon's coaching in his time with us was that IMO he wouldn't experiment anywhere near enough with positioning of his team throughout the season and as such Gilbo didn't really much experience of playing forward at AFL level at all, so I'm not surprised that when suddenly switched there in a GF he missed his shots for goal. I reckon if Lyon had been more willing to move his team around (when we were well on top in games in particular) they wouldn't be pretty much learning on the job in GF in front of a packed MCG and millions on the TV.

He was the one that was looking like he might have actually gotten us back into the game though. I remember after the game that Mick Malthouse was asked who it was that he felt was their biggest threat while the game was still a contest and as such the one they needed to shut down and he said it was Gilbo. From memory he had 4 shots for goal in the 2nd quarter.

One of the things that really pissed me off about Ross Lyon's coaching in his time with us was that IMO he wouldn't experiment anywhere near enough with positioning of his team throughout the season and as such Gilbo didn't really much experience of playing forward at AFL level at all, so I'm not surprised that when suddenly switched there in a GF he missed his shots for goal. I reckon if Lyon had been more willing to move his team around (when we were well on top in games in particular) they wouldn't be pretty much learning on the job in GF in front of a packed MCG and millions on the TV.

Yeah but then in the Draw he had one shot and nailed it.

I never knew why he just crapped his pants in the second quarter. But then again that day is just a blur of *ups and pain.

Gilberts "bad kicking" is a myth.
Get over it.
Anyone who harps on about it has no idea.
Don't reply to me as I won't argue the point any further.
I was gonna reply but you scare me so i'll back off man.

homer.gif

Yeah but then in the Draw he had one shot and nailed it.

I never knew why he just crapped his pants in the second quarter. But then again that day is just a blur of ****ups and pain.
I'm not sure I've ever seen the game on TV (was at the ground on the day) but I didn't think he "crapped his pants", as my memory of those shots was that they mostly only just missed, so it's not like he was kicking them OOF or anything. From memory of seeing the replays of them on the big screen, one of them only missed by a foot or so and there may have been another one that also only just missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't even do that, knowing what happened I just can't watch it. The same with that mark taken by Goddard, I hate seeing it
Yeah I respect BJ as he was my favourite player at the time, so can handle "that mark" but I'm still waiting for that movie BJ :p

The only reason I can watch the draw is the fact that we made the big dance & didn't lose. How sad is that lol :(

In other news, I can't wait for this weekend. I'm so pumped for the football to start that I'm actually excited seeing Hawthorn v Carlton on Thursday night, lol
Bloody oath GJD!

I'm a footy addict so I'll be watching every nab cup match lol, (sc purposes) but seriously cannot wait for our match against North!

I can only watch the draw lol.

Even then that's depressing.

I struggle with a replay/vision of any game around that era and team. Just feels heartbreaking and incomplete.

At least with 2004-2005 I simply didn't think we were the best team in the comp. But we were a few years later. History says otherwise, unfortunately...

So this is what the boys at the club are listening to during their gym sessions at LHC.

soundcloud.com/thisisswoop/swoops-upside-ya-head-the-swoop-edits-a-45-minute-jam

Can't say I'm a fan but if it translates to wins on the weekend then go hell for leather boys lol

Imo lyon would have had 2 premierships if the admin didnt f up the tpp by 2007.
Roo n bj were both on over 1m by then. And a host of players were on over 700k.
Players missed goals they should have kicked but thats not where we missed our window.

Our recruiting strategy is so much more well planned and thought out now.
Clubs done such a great job of getting quality young talls in.
Look at all tge contenders in recent history. The one thing they all have in common is quality talls.
But weve done it without the expense of finding good smalls.. They've really found some gems with later picks. Good times ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back