Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Imo lyon would have had 2 premierships if the admin didnt f up the tpp by 2007.
Roo n bj were both on over 1m by then. And a host of players were on over 700k.
Players missed goals they should have kicked but thats not where we missed our window.

Our recruiting strategy is so much more well planned and thought out now.
Clubs done such a great job of getting quality young talls in.
Look at all tge contenders in recent history. The one thing they all have in common is quality talls.
But weve done it without the expense of finding good smalls.. They've really found some gems with later picks. Good times ahead.

BJ over a million? I wouldn't think he was even close to it. They did stuff it up though so that meant getting very ordinary players from other clubs. He couldn't trust the draft because we were so poor at using that.

I remember reading somewhere that in 09 geelong didnt have a player on over 650. Thats including a plethora of premiership players and yet the stkilda admin had us at 100% of the tpp by then.. but who did we pick up to push us over the line? Gardiner? Peake? Funny enough we couldnt afford to keep Ball.. He went to the pies along with Jolly who was the premier ruckman at the time... take those two out and theres our 3rd premiership...
It looks like were doing things alot smarter this time around hopefully for a better result.

I remember reading somewhere that in 09 geelong didnt have a player on over 650. Thats including a plethora of premiership players and yet the stkilda admin had us at 100% of the tpp by then.. but who did we pick up to push us over the line? Gardiner? Peake? Funny enough we couldnt afford to keep Ball.. He went to the pies along with Jolly who was the premier ruckman at the time... take those two out and theres our 3rd premiership...
It looks like were doing things alot smarter this time around hopefully for a better result.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen the club be run any better than it is right now

heard from a person very close to the club armo has had a very interrupted pre season? can anyone confirm?

Geelong were/are the best at third party deals. Lingy owns millions of dollars in property in Geelong.

Channel 9 have been working Clokes arse off for the money though hes everywhere. Hes so media savvy though why wouldnt you offer him five years.:)
Just as long as there's no smokin shadows..behind the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From AFL review of clubs

STKIL-sb-AFLM.jpg

What’s new:
A big focus at St Kilda this summer has been on developing more depth through the midfield. David Armitage and Jack Steven have done much of the heavy lifting through there, but the Saints are hoping Seb Ross, Luke Dunstan, Jack Billings, Blake Acres and eventually Nathan Freeman can step up to become elite midfielders. Another area of focus this summer has been kicking skills.

Bolters: First round draft selection Jade Gresham looked good in the intraclub affair last Friday with his work both at the stoppages and further up the ground and is likely to get a run in the NAB Challenge at some stage.

Who’s back: St Kilda will be delighted to have Jack Billings back in the side this year. He sparked the miraculous comeback win over the Western Bulldogs last year with three last-quarter goals but didn't play the second half of the season because of a shin injury. He moved well in the intra-club affair.

Wildcard: If Paddy McCartin and Josh Bruce can hold down the two main key position roles, with the Jacks – Billings, Lonie and Sinclair – playing at their feet, the Saints will boast a forward set up with excitement and promise. Where does that leave skipper Nick Riewoldt? How about as an outside midfielder? He has the pace, endurance, athleticism and marking power to perform this role with distinction, even in the final year or so of his brilliant career. St Kilda has also been trialing erstwhile defender Sam Gilbert as a tall midfielder.

Missing: The Saints have a healthy list, although defender Dylan Roberton is unlikely to play in the NAB Challenge opener against North Melbourne on Saturday after rolling an ankle in the intra-club match. Jake Carlisle is serving a season-long ban.

Fantasy watch: While the Saints aren’t badly served in terms of midfield depth, Luke Dunstan (MID, $389,000) is primed to lead the next generation at the club. He had three scores over 90 in his final five games last year and the graph is pointing heavily towards 'breakout'.- Ashley Browne

I was checking out the boys new numbers in anticipation for the NAB games and came across this photoshop beauty. Apparently Brandon White is two-tone!View attachment 216588
Obvious pisstake that has flown over the heads of a few. I love it

Video was released on the Saints website tonight about Kingsley and Sexton coaching the next fortnight;

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2016-02-17/richo-on-nab-coaching-setup

What was interesting however is the white board behind Josh Gabelich. It's what seems to be St.Kilda's "mantra"...the 'Saints Man' ideology the players and coaches live by. I don't know if it was intentional for them to show it in the video however thought I'd post it as it's interesting anyway.

It reads;

SAINTS MAN

AGGRESSIVE

In Attack
In Defence
On the Ball
On the Man

TEAM
Great at Role
Willing to Sacrifice
Selfless

DO WHAT'S RIGHT
Respect to All
Preparation
Role in Building the St.Kilda FC Brand

Then in black underneath those sections it has what looks to be like things that will motivate and drive the playing group;

Quotes: Journalists
Actions: On-Field Performance
Our History: 140+ Years (___, 1 Premiership)
Family: Photo of ____ family

If anyone can fill in the blanks after watching that video that'd be great.

Enjoy :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

'Managing a few things' were the words I heard come out of his mouth at the Intra club.

He did an interview from the Intra-club. He said he's managing his back and has a few issues with it.

SEN this morning.
Apparently after the loss of Carlisle , we just have to get something out of Freeman this year.
We spent a lot on him and if he doesn't get on the park its a huge loss and we've nothing to show for any of it .

Dear Dumbasses at SEN.
StKilda traded next year's 2nd rounder of Freeman. A pick we wouldn't/couldn't have even USED this year if we'd kept it.

Meanwhile Gresham is completely under the radar because everyone knows our first rounder was traded for Carlisle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back