Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Im hoping acres and or ross make me go wow like sincs and lonie did early last year.

Last year at the jumper presentation they were saying that the kids they expected to make a huge leap were Wright and Saunders. I hope they got better at predicting since then.

I recall Ross Lyon said after going away with Clarko and the Australian side that kicking would be Freo's priority in the pre season. Watching the game tonight in windy conditions Freo's kIcking skills look first rate. Thats the level we need to get to be a realisrtic threat...

Last edited:

I recall Ross Lyon said after going away with Clarko and the Australian side that kicking would be Freo's priority in the pre season. Watching the game tonight in windy conditions Freo's kIcking skills look first rate. Thats the level we need to get to be a realist threat...

Hard to get into this game with a full strength Freo against the Tigers VFL team.

Agreed but even VFL players chase and tackle - Freo's skills were Hawthorn esq.

These games should mean nothing at all. I wouldn't make a decision on a side based on Freo firsts playing Richmond seconds. If our side played an A grade amateur side our skills would look better than Hawthorn because of lack of pressure.

Agreed but even VFL players chase and tackle - Freo's skills were Hawthorn esq.

I thought Freo look much better with Zac dawson surprisingly. Tabener looked good as a KPF and Pav looks like he's 50% of the player he used to be. freo does look like well drilled Lyon team still. They looked quicker when they went direct up the middle which seemed to be very un Lyon but worked well against a shitter team.

I thought Freo look much better with Zac dawson surprisingly. Tabener looked good as a KPF and Pav looks like he's 50% of the player he used to be. freo does look like well drilled Lyon team still. They looked quicker when they went direct up the middle which seemed to be very un Lyon but worked well against a shitter team.
Saints best 22 would look pretty good against box hill.
Think either Lyon feels they needs whatever psychology advantage they can get from coming out strong or they are planning on peaking around round 14 again or outside of Weller and Tucker they have no young talent or all of the above

I assume you're talking about the last couple of years and not last night specifically because Pav was just about best on for mine.

I assume you're talking about the last couple of years and not last night specifically because Pav was just about best on for mine.

I was half hearted watching so must have missed how good he was, he seemed slower and old. He always converts his goals but he seems to have lost his around the ground work compared to when he was a young man. He used to be like Rooey in his ability to burn off his defender and get involved in the packs to extract the ball. I have very high expectations of him. He was a gun in his day.

I was half hearted watching so must have missed how good he was, he seemed slower and old. He always converts his goals but he seems to have lost his around the ground work compared to when he was a young man. He used to be like Rooey in his ability to burn off his defender and get involved in the packs to extract the ball. I have very high expectations of him. He was a gun in his day.
At the end of the day, father time is undefeated.

He was very good last night. Means nothing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any match simulation yesterday or weekend? Or is it a freshen up weekend? You'd think they'd want momentum to continue. Sandy doesn't formally play a practice match for another fortnight.

I'm not convinced about that at all.
So far we have Armo doing ALL the work.
Dunstan is looking OK but can he do more? Is Seb Ross going to make it?

But with Freeman , :

Not only can Freeman use his exhilarating pace to dominate on the outside, he can also be a damaging inside player by using his strength to win clearances and contested possessions.
I think the reason we're happy with our inside stocks going forward is not just because we're happy with Armo, Steven, (maybe Gilbo), Dunstan and Ross, but because along with Freeman, we also really rate Acres midfield potential and Sinclair's and probably Billings' as well, not to mention now Gresham's.

Lots of "if's", "buts" and "maybe's" there, but I think there's enough there (10 of them, not even mentioning Weller) to be confident that we'll be strong in that area going forward.

I think the reason we're happy with our inside stocks going forward is not just because we're happy with Armo, Steven, (maybe Gilbo), Dunstan and Ross, but because along with Freeman, we also really rate Acres midfield potential and Sinclair's and probably Billings' as well, not to mention now Gresham's.

Lots of "if's", "buts" and "maybe's" there, but I think there's enough there (10 of them, not even mentioning Weller) to be confident that we'll be strong in that area going forward.

Yeah i reckon Armo, Steven and dunstan are going well and with Ross coming through we have another up our sleeve. We really need outside run so Freeman is perfect if he can get on the park. Him, Steven and Savage streaming through the centre and delivering lace out running at pace sounds pretty nice. It looks like we are going to keep experimenting with Gilbert in there to.

I woulda been all over Aish. Only possible target I would have preferred. Happy with Freeman though & do believe he'll eventually come good & play some good footy for us.

We gave our all in trying to convince Aish to come to us. Even as late as a couple of days before the Collingwood trade went through we were still meeting with Pickering (and discussed terms) but Aish definitely only wanted to go to Pies.
I like Aish, I think he'll be a solid player for Pies but I'm more than comfortable with Freeman, his strengths suit our team very well.
For every player you manage to trade in you miss out on ten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back