Opinion Predictions for our 1st win in 2016 (includes preseason)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rustler

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I believe Woosha will use (as he has always done) preseason as warmup for season proper. Given we need no more injuries we do not need to play full strength in NAB, therefore our 1st win will be us beating GC 1st round. :)

I believe Woosha will use (as he has always done) preseason as warmup for season proper. Given we need no more injuries we do not need to play full strength in NAB, therefore our 1st win will be us beating GC 1st round. :)
Sounds funny to say we won't field a full strength side when we have 12 of our best players out.

Hope you are right re Gold Coast.

I reckon Essendon should bust our guts to win the NAB Cup. It will be one positive for the year.

Pre-season will be about getting the top ups match fit and working out who can play where. Not a chance there.

I think we'll still be getting things down pat early on in the season so Carlton could be the first real chance. Unless GC are still rubbish and we sneak that. But I can see Gaz torching us. After that Carlton's the only real shot for a while, maybe the Saints.

Pre-season will be about getting the top ups match fit and working out who can play where. Not a chance there.

I think we'll still be getting things down pat early on in the season so Carlton could be the first real chance. Unless GC are still rubbish and we sneak that. But I can see Gaz torching us. After that Carlton's the only real shot for a while, maybe the Saints.
Gaz torch us? Then the bloke that stars as your profile pic wouldn't be doing his job. Are you willing to change your pic or do you have an exciting new opinion of Pinchy?

If the trend of underdog winning continues, we might sneak one against Melbourne. Other than that, probably Carlton round 6 our first real chance.

Oh and we can't even beat Collingwood on ANZAC day with a full strength team. No way top ups will beat them.

With the NAB challenge, I don't see us winning one. No chance against Geelong or West Coast and Carlton would be more match fit then us, having played the week before. Plus, we'd still be working things out, so I wouldn't put a smashing out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will pinch a win in the NAB cup for sure, and a few wins during the season.
We will start underdog in every game and i cant see us beating the really good teams, but I think if a pumped up Bombers play any lower ranked team in Melbourne OR a cocky middle of the road team - say North or Richmond - we just might knock off a side like that during the season. So games we are some chance in - if we are to be optimistic - include;-

Round 2 v Melbourne
Round 6 v Carlton
Round 8 v North
Round 10 v Tigers
Round 13 v GWS
Round 15 v Saints
Round 16 v Tigers
Round 17 v Brisbane
Round 20 v Gold Coast
Round 22 v Carlton

We will pinch a win in the NAB cup for sure, and a few wins during the season.
We will start underdog in every game and i cant see us beating the really good teams, but I think if a pumped up Bombers play any lower ranked team in Melbourne OR a cocky middle of the road team - say North or Richmond - we just might knock off a side like that during the season. So games we are some chance in - if we are to be optimistic - include;-

Round 2 v Melbourne
Round 6 v Carlton
Round 8 v North
Round 10 v Tigers
Round 13 v GWS
Round 15 v Saints
Round 16 v Tigers
Round 17 v Brisbane
Round 20 v Gold Coast
Round 22 v Carlton
No way will we beat North, Richmond or GWS. I also don't see us beating St Kilda or Gold Coast if they return to their best. My prediction of 3 wins for the year is likely to come in the rest of those games you mentioned.

Carlton or Collingwood would be great!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Gaz torch us? Then the bloke that stars as your profile pic wouldn't be doing his job. Are you willing to change your pic or do you have an exciting new opinion of Pinchy?
Crowley coming off a shortened pre-season. Gaz determined to prove a point after last year. Yes, he could torch us even if Crowley does the best he can.

GAJ hasn't had the smoothest of pre-seasons has he? Still has shoulder troubz

Missed a bit of pre-season because he got married but he's been in full training since December.
I think Macaffer snagged him up too much to make the same impact player he was before. I will not take him in fantasy, that's where you'll get burnt.

I think Macaffer snagged him up too much to make the same impact player he was before. I will not take him in fantasy, that's where you'll get burnt.
Hard to tell. I think he came back way too early last year and a lot of people made judgments off games where he clearly wasn't ready. Don't forget that when he came back later in the year he was obliterating the competition before he hurt his knee. I'd back him in.

If Carlton thrash us in the NAB we have no hope in winning a game.
Hard to tell. I think he came back way too early last year and a lot of people made judgments off games where he clearly wasn't ready. Don't forget that when he came back later in the year he was obliterating the competition before he hurt his knee. I'd back him in.
Then back the guy in the pic as well. What I'm saying in this forum is who is an optimistic enough supporter to suggest faith in the team. Seems like you have more belief in Gaz having a good year than our guys winning games. I just don't understand it. If a differing supporter had an opinion you guys would carve them up! And to suggest realism as an approach well guess what other teams get injuries aka GC folded like a sack of spuds, last year GWS did the same. OK.

Then back the guy in the pic as well. What I'm saying in this forum is who is an optimistic enough supporter to suggest faith in the team. Seems like you have more belief in Gas having a good year than our guys winning games. I just don't understand it. If a differing supporter had an opinion you guys would carve them up! And to suggest realism as an approach well guess what other teams get injuries aka GC folded like a sack of spuds, last year GWS did the same. OK.
Yes. I have more belief that GAJ will have a good year than I do in us winning more than a couple of games.

No way will we beat North, Richmond or GWS. I also don't see us beating St Kilda or Gold Coast if they return to their best. My prediction of 3 wins for the year is likely to come in the rest of those games you mentioned.

Things dont always go to plan & its for this reason that i believe if we play a mid tier team like a Richmond or North - if they have a couple of injuries or players out we might be a chance. Some teams might even decide to rest a few of their players later in the year dont forget if they are finals bound - and its these sorts of games where we will be some chance.

Things dont always go to plan & its for this reason that i believe if we play a mid tier team like a Richmond or North - if they have a couple of injuries or players out we might be a chance. Some teams might even decide to rest a few of their players later in the year dont forget if they are finals bound - and its these sorts of games where we will be some chance.
Yes that's understandable, but it's the choice of teams in Richmond and North that I disagree. We hardly ever beat them when we are underdogs, yet they can beat us when we are favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back