Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW watched the VAFA's footy tragics show last night. A few questions if I may:
1. Where are they?
2. What is with the white table cloths?
3. What is with Andrew Leonards shirt?
4. What is with Marty Kellehers hands and dumbfounded looks?
Overall not a bad show with big Fitzy knowing his stuff and giving great facial expressions when he thinks someone is full of sht.
Personally I think we need to get someone like Canada, Rooster, Brian, Max Leader or even the great Jascave on there as well to help lift the VAFA knowledge.

yeh are waller and goss coming back from injury. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wait they are playing in a better comp now.

Recent history between the 2 competitions would suggest otherwise Nige.

(In fact all history between the competitions. 3 – 0 to the VAFA with margin increasing every time.)

yeh they were playing at xavs for the love of the game. Give it a spell.
That's precisely it, Nigel. What other reason would they have to leave if it weren't for the money? For the love of the EFL? Give us all a spell and head back to a thread where you're still king of the keyboard.

How the wheel at the varsity turns. Blues now favourites for an A Grade flag. And Blacks a relegation candidate back to B.
Carey good winners and maybe underrated. Bernies will be very strong. Trinity win. Great comp.

Ok, only two weeks in , but happy to make some predictions.

Def top 4:
Uni Blues
St Bernard's

Very Possible top 4:
Trinity
Scotch
Xavier
Collegians

In a battle to fight relegation:
Carey
De La
Blacks

Will be relegated:
Beauy.

Def top 4:
Uni Blues
St Bernard's

Very Possible top 4:
Trinity
Scotch
Xavier
Collegians

Carey
De La
Blacks

Will be relegated:
Beauy.
How do you rate Scotch in a different group to De La, Carey or even Blacks? Similar margin to Carey over blacks and snuck past Dela at the last gasp- think that would put them in a similar space. Blacks are surely missing players to uni hols too. I think your top two are spot on. The balance will be very interesting though

2 wins on the board means they are getting close to avoiding relegation already. I agree they may not be much better than DLS or Blacks, but they now only need 4 or 5 more wins to stay up. Its a great start by Scotch that's for sure. Really important wins.
My mail is that Blacks don't have many to return. They are missing a lot from last year but not many coming back. Moved on for varying reasons. Willingham due back from o/s in a few weeks will help, but that's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 wins on the board means they are getting close to avoiding relegation already. I agree they may not be much better than DLS or Blacks, but they now only need 4 or 5 more wins to stay up. Its a great start by Scotch that's for sure. Really important wins.
My mail is that Blacks don't have many to return. They are missing a lot from last year but not many coming back. Moved on for varying reasons. Willingham due back from o/s in a few weeks will help, but that's about it.

Further to that – De La had a player sent off and played the last quarter a man down. Would surely have hung on if it were 18 v 18.Disappointing to see the men in fluoro decide the result with at a best a speculative and a worst a plainly incorrect call. Even the Scotch blokes were left scratching their heads on this one.

Was a great game and credit to both teams.

Blues and St Bernard’s do look a cut above but too early to be making predictions about finalists and relegation.

It's too early to do it with any difinitive accuracy...but never too early for this forum.

Blues have a guy named Twopenny from SA. Captained their state U18 side, won 2 B&F's at Sturt in the SANFL in the reserves and played seniors there.

Kicked 6 goals in the reserves yesterday after arriving this year. Can't wait to see him in the seniors.

Def top 4:
Uni Blues
St Bernard's

Very Possible top 4:
Trinity
Scotch
Xavier
Collegians

Carey
De La
Blacks

Will be relegated:
Beauy.
Agree that at this early stage Blues and Bernies are the teams to beat.

Think Xavs are a fair way off at this point. But quite like what I saw from Scotch yesterday.Thought they showed unaccustomed resilience when challenged. DeLa squeeze oppositions as well as any team. Something not to Scotch's liking in past years but they kept persevering and deserved the four points.

I'm told they still have a few to come back and there's some depth there with the twos having a resounding win. Some talent there too.

Scotchies could well look at the woman running the canteen btw.The one without the specs. Disinterested to the point of rudeness.

I see that Strauss and Evans haven't played yet. Any idea when they will be in to the Scotchies team?
Blues looking like the team to beat. Exciting year ahead. Looks like it could be a similar year to 2013 with potentially 6 wins not even guaranteeing avoiding relegation.

Further to that – De La had a player sent off and played the last quarter a man down. Would surely have hung on if it were 18 v 18.Disappointing to see the men in fluoro decide the result with at a best a speculative and a worst a plainly incorrect call. Even the Scotch blokes were left scratching their heads on this one.

Blues and St Bernard’s do look a cut above but too early to be making predictions about finalists and relegation.

Bernies weren't a cut above in Rd 1, nor Collegians in Rd 2.

No respect?

Missed the two gifted goals from frees to DeLa early in the second quarter did we?

What time in the last last quarter? Post a link of the footage and time then we'll see if there are any fingers that need pointing.

Bernies weren't a cut above in Rd 1, nor Collegians in Rd 2.

No respect?

Certainly no disrespect intended. T’s always really hard to beat at home but by any measure St Bernards had enough shots on goals to win at Bulleen last week. They have since added another ex AFL forward to their line up who bagged 5 on the weekend.

Collegians were flogged in round 1 by a team that got flogged by St Bernards on Saturday. They are mid table at best this year

Trinity a good side but I will take any odds you want to offer about them finishing ahead of St Bernards or Uni Blues.

Bernard's will struggle to replace Merrington over the course of the season. He played Round 1 but is on his Honeymoon now and won't play much of the season as it stands.

Missed the two gifted goals from frees to DeLa early in the second quarter did we?

There is no doubt there were many questionable decisions for both sides on Saturday. But generally these tend to even up over the course of the day. However there is no evening up with a send off and in this day and age, particularly in such a tight game, they will often decide the outcome. As such the umpire should be absolutely 100% sure of what he is doing. Clearly on Saturday he was not and the same umpire was involved every time.

Generally you can get a sense as to the merits of a send off from how the opposition players, and even opposition supporters re-act. There was nothing but confusion, quizzical looks and even some mirth from the Scotch people on Saturday.

In regard to vision – you wont see any, as there was nothing to see. Paid a free then as something of an afterthought decided to send the kid off. At first I think I think a yellow was produced (send off but replaced) but then after more confusion a red was produced.

Anyway no point dwelling on it and it wont get the points back. Scotch played well and full credit to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back