Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

T's are playing the same great brand of footy they have played all season, as are Bernies. The problem with that is that it's generally not good enough come finals time (unless you are already miles ahead of the rest of the comp). Finals requires a step-up, which Blues have done. I don't see it with T's or Bernies (Bernies having made exactly the same mistake last year as well).

If T's can find the extra gear then good luck to them. I don't see it happening.
Blues humbled today. Who wins it next week in your opinion Penski?

Will be a great final. Heart says Ts, but head says Bernies will be determined not to repeat the second semi.

Fact is Bernies had what should have been a match winning lead at 3/4 time in both of their last two games. If they have learned anything from the second semi, it will be even harder for my old boys to hoist our first ever A grade pennant.
Added to which by most accounts today's game wouldn't have taken much out of the Snow Dogs.

It's been a terrific year for the Hedge Burners. Doubt anyone outside the inner sanctum their figured they'd be participating at the big dance.

geez jack watts is a genuine flog

how many cheap shots will it take to satisfy him

and who was the nuffy behind the blues goals getting stuck into tom caven for going down when watts clearly elbowed him in the face

won't find a more fairer player then tom caven

Big safety tip... Don't snipe at a Caven when there are two more of them on the field.
Regardless what you think of Jack Watts, it is fair to say that he is now Simon Caven's bitch.

Any idea which ground might host the grand final? Wouldn't mind having a sticky beak.
Haven't followed this division.
What have previous encounters been like?

Big safety tip... Don't snipe at a Caven when there are two more of them on the field.
Regardless what you think of Jack Watts, it is fair to say that he is now Simon Caven's bitch.

Well done Bernies...To Big, to Strong. Jack Watts?,,,,,,,,,what can you say, its all been said.

Watched for 3 qtrs. Dont follow either team, a good hard, strong game of footy. Well done to both teams.

One interesting observation : For the entire 3rd qtr, duration 30 mins approx. the Bernies runner would have spent 26 mins on the grounde coaching / directing his team.

The Umpires were oblivious to it. Was it a coincidence that he wore an outfit the same colours as the Umpires??.....Me thinks not...

Any idea which ground might host the grand final? Wouldn't mind having a sticky beak.
Haven't followed this division.
What have previous encounters been like?
Visy Park. Sunday. 2.20 pm. 3 games this year. Trinity by 5 pts. Bernards by 6 pts. Trinity by 7 pts. Should be a great Grand Final.

Well done Bernies...To Big, to Strong. Jack Watts?,,,,,,,,,what can you say, its all been said.

Watched for 3 qtrs. Dont follow either team, a good hard, strong game of footy. Well done to both teams.

One interesting observation : For the entire 3rd qtr, duration 30 mins approx. the Bernies runner would have spent 26 mins on the grounde coaching / directing his team.

The Umpires were oblivious to it. Was it a coincidence that he wore an outfit the same colours as the Umpires??.....Me thinks not...

Funny, its usually the Uni Blues runner that stays on the ground longer than he is off it and usually standing in the hole.
Umpires never do anything about it despite it being pointed out to them.
Should be a great game, best 2 sides rightly to fight it out.

This time of year it's all about flags, not consolation prizes.

I'd also have Bernies lower than that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's all about Trinity and Bernies now. If it's some small consolation Uni Blues did well this year.

Here is a tip for some readers of this forum. MVP - Forato to win it. Was a big part of De La's last 3 wins. Only 6 off the lead with 3 rounds to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentick and Young joint winners in woodrow medal. huge controversy coming out of the round 16 scotch bernies game. Well done to both Bentick and Young though....both very deserved winners!!

Hard to go past Bentick or Young for B&F. You just know they will vote well. Because they were awesome and would probably vote ok if they weren't. Just the way these can go sometimes.
Perhaps Hunt or Steinhart if they don't steal off each other?

Sure, a bit like gloating if you took the Bonecrusher/My Waverley Star quinella at $1.80....but still.

The Premier Grand Final Umpires has been announced.

Field: Daniel Silfo, Peter Bailes, Matthew Oakley
Emergency Field: Marcus Middleton
Boundary: Sam Beer, Ben Rickard, Jack Punshon
Goal: Anthony Damen, Clayton Evans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Premier Grand Final Umpires has been announced.

Field: Daniel Silfo, Peter Bailes, Matthew Oakley
Emergency Field: Marcus Middleton
Boundary: Sam Beer, Ben Rickard, Jack Punshon
Goal: Anthony Damon, Clayton Evans
AD has made the transition from fieldy to flag waver well. Some might even say he's performing much better in the latter role. Not me, of course.;)

Clayton is the standout goal umpire, so no surprises there.

AD has made the transition from fieldy to flag waver well. Some might even say he's performing much better in the latter role. Not me, of course.;)

Clayton is the standout goal umpire, so no surprises there.

Champion bloke! Good luck to him.

Absolute disgrace today getting into Princes Park. 200 metre que at game time, only 2 gates open. Finally get the big game to a decent venue, nice warm sunny day, 2 worthy teams and only 2 gates open....... Amateurs in every sense of the word. Several left in disgust like me. Would have been well into 2nd quarter before entering ground.

Absolute disgrace today getting into Princes Park. 200 metre que at game time, only 2 gates open. Finally get the big game to a decent venue, nice warm sunny day, 2 worthy teams and only 2 gates open....... Amateurs in every sense of the word. Several left in disgust like me. Would have been well into 2nd quarter before entering ground.

On a more positive note that was one of the most entertaining games ive ever seen.

Who actually won?
r0hGc2L.jpg

Who actually won?

An extraordinary match and demonstrates why these clubs were a clear one and two all year. An unbelievably skilful game with the teams trading goals all day. If anyone wants to doubt the quality of the VAFA tell them to check out this game on VAFA TV. I did not make the trek to Parkville but was glued to the live stream (at least until it packed it in half way through the last).

A classic case of a champion team against a team of champions and until very late the Ts looked like they just might get over the line. In the end the cream rose and St Bernards got up. Had the best list in the comp by some margin so probably no great surprise. Were mine and many other pre –season tip. But an great by the Ts. Just a group of blokes who have come through the school and U19s and pretty much devoid of big names.

(That young Ronke kid can really play!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back