B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at the end of the day, if you get recruited to a club, and they offer you this and that and then at the end of the season you want to move on how can they go back on what they offer and say this player owes us this much money??? doesnt matter if they played 1 game or the whole season.....

Lot of errors here - recruited? No. Dragged down by Wayne Oswald (yes, another unmitigated....)
offer this and that? well, I have been told he got a part time job at least for a period of time.
he played 2 games apparently after not training at all (miracle in itself) and then used the club's physio resources to treat his injury and then vanished after half way.
so why shouldn't he be paying his dues? he played 2 games, then used the clubs's resources to treat his injury, got a part time job for some of that time and then voluntarily no longer showed up.
On your reckoning Tiger, you'd be the sort of bloke who'd go into a restaurant, eat and then bolt without paying. Class act.
It seems in your (unreal) world of player nirvana, VAFA & suburban clubs spend all this money on resources and players don't kick in and pay subs unless they have played a certain number of games. Yeah, that'll work.

Seems to me ALL VAFA clubs are the pool for ALL other leagues and clubs to steal our players.
Very disapointing when players leave your club when you give them all you can for a game of footy.
Players response when they leave is always crap. ALL players understand what the VAFA stands for when they start.
What is pleasing are the palyers that remain with their clubs through thick and thin. This is why the VAFA reamins such a strong competition.

Lot of errors here - recruited? No. Dragged down by Wayne Oswald (yes, another unmitigated....)
offer this and that? well, I have been told he got a part time job at least for a period of time.
he played 2 games apparently after not training at all (miracle in itself) and then used the club's physio resources to treat his injury and then vanished after half way.
so why shouldn't he be paying his dues? he played 2 games, then used the clubs's resources to treat his injury, got a part time job for some of that time and then voluntarily no longer showed up.
On your reckoning Tiger, you'd be the sort of bloke who'd go into a restaurant, eat and then bolt without paying. Class act.
It seems in your (unreal) world of player nirvana, VAFA & suburban clubs spend all this money on resources and players don't kick in and pay subs unless they have played a certain number of games. Yeah, that'll work.
I joined a golf club last year. You may have heard of it, Royal something or other (it's in the Cheltenham part of Bayside). Despite that, its a wonderful place. Had a few lessons with the pro, played twice a week, enjoyed drinks in the bar afterwards, they gave me a club polo, a cap, and a lovely little argyle sweater to match my plus-fours - I even had my balls washed for me from tahm to tahm. However after a month or two I got a little tired of it. Decided I'd do something else with mah weekends, so returned to the yacht club.
Can you believe that the Golf Club is now chasing me for debts I supposedly incurred? What a cheek!
Tahger Tails, could you please suggest what one should do in such a situation? Ah can't seem to find the chapter in my Debrett's guide to etiquette.
hoo roo.

Words coming from the boss at Werribee himself told a friend of mine that their aim this year is to not get relegated back to c grade next year?? Werribee will not be successful in 2012 when not even the big boss has faith in them.... Oh and sounds like pre season is going good... I'm hearing that about 70 of those numbers are 18's and 19's and that Alot of 19's will have to come up to make up numbers...
Werribee looking the goods? Maybe should have tried a bit harder to keep their players...

Seems to me ALL VAFA clubs are the pool for ALL other leagues and clubs to steal our players.
Very disapointing when players leave your club when you give them all you can for a game of footy.
Players response when they leave is always crap. ALL players understand what the VAFA stands for when they start.
What is pleasing are the palyers that remain with their clubs through thick and thin. This is why the VAFA reamins such a strong competition.
Westy, you seem like you have sour grapes about something. whats got your goat?
Yes it is disappointing when players move on but clubs should be happy that they have groomed their players to move onto better clubs and gain other opportunities to further themselves in footy. I find it amusing that your first to gloat about your players and clubs success but quick to tear them down and you can tell that by your post.

Westy, you seem like you have sour grapes about something. whats got your goat?
Yes it is disappointing when players move on but clubs should be happy that they have groomed their players to move onto better clubs and gain other opportunities to further themselves in footy. I find it amusing that your first to gloat about your players and clubs success but quick to tear them down and you can tell that by your post.
You know exactly where I'm coming from. I don't have any issues with our players going to a VFL club as it's part of our mission statement but draw the line with all those other clubs. Don't tell me that going to play in Divi 2 WRFL is bettering their footy, please.
And I don't appreciate clubs offering players committments that may not turn out be what they thought it might be. Promises are made to be broken.

From the VAFA Website

DAY 28

It's been rumoured for a while, but now it's official. COLLEGIANS have signed Cameron Lee from Werribee Districts.

Sounds like sour grapes here.
Its well known that all clubs in the VAFA can not pay players, so when other clubs are pro-active and seek other alternitives for these guys ie: a career, how can you guys get the shits?
Here is a suggestion for your club, how about you get PRO-ACTIVE instead of RE-ACTIVE, even with the players you have left

Sounds like sour grapes here.
Its well known that all clubs in the VAFA can not pay players, so when other clubs are pro-active and seek other alternitives for these guys ie: a career, how can you guys get the shits?
Here is a suggestion for your club, how about you get PRO-ACTIVE instead of RE-ACTIVE, even with the players you have left
Must have been a bad season for grapes this summer - old tiger tails has been munching on one of the sour bunches too!

I'm tipping that you better have a look into that abit further mal from malvern! This player paid for all of his rehab! Went to physio ones a week just to get his injury right to play for om's! For what ever reason he didn't stay I believe that two games of playing is about 40 bucks not 350 bucks!

I'm tipping that you better have a look into that abit further mal from malvern! This player paid for all of his rehab! Went to physio ones a week just to get his injury right to play for om's! For what ever reason he didn't stay I believe that two games of playing is about 40 bucks not 350 bucks!
Oh mal from malvern I'm also tipping your the sort of guy to say let me take you out for dinner.... Then on payment turn around and say mate I'm really sorry, can you pay please? I forgot my wallet! But I'll pay next time I promise ;p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I joined a golf club last year. You may have heard of it, Royal something or other (it's in the Cheltenham part of Bayside). Despite that, its a wonderful place. Had a few lessons with the pro, played twice a week, enjoyed drinks in the bar afterwards, they gave me a club polo, a cap, and a lovely little argyle sweater to match my plus-fours - I even had my balls washed for me from tahm to tahm. However after a month or two I got a little tired of it. Decided I'd do something else with mah weekends, so returned to the yacht club.
Can you believe that the Golf Club is now chasing me for debts I supposedly incurred? What a cheek!
Tahger Tails, could you please suggest what one should do in such a situation? Ah can't seem to find the chapter in my Debrett's guide to etiquette.
hoo roo.
Did you get asked down there to play as a recruit??? I wouldn't pay if I got offered all these things! However if I went of my own bat to go and join that club I would pay for sure! I hope it didn't cost you 350 bucks to play two games and if it did I would be asking for my money back!

From the VAFA Website

DAY 28

It's been rumoured for a while, but now it's official. COLLEGIANS have signed Cameron Lee from Werribee Districts.

Yar chaps - have been absent for some time soaking up the delights of WA and must say Lee defecting to Collegians is akin to Herschelle Gibbs donning a Scorchers set of bright orange strides! :eek:

Absolutely disgusted, and can't say he's one my Christmas card list any more.

Won't be inviting him over for a braai anytime soon.

Tigers will struggle to cover this loss.

Grum(py)

Allright lads...who do we think will step up this year from the bottom half of the ladder last season aswell as the two newbies, will be a legitimate threat to old melbournians and hailbury? .....if anyone says werribee who seem like they are a depleted bunch of tigers looking to become pussycats again and sent back down....I will go crazy

When a well respected and talented player leaves a club, I think the issue is not that he is being ‘disgusting’ for taking an opportunity elsewhere, but that people cannot thank him for his contribution and wish him well. It’s time to let go of your anger and let players make the most of their talents and pursue their careers, something we all need to consider at some point. It won’t be the first and won’t be the last time a player makes this tough decision but very disappointing that the reaction is narrow minded and negative.

Agree. Same at work - time was that people worked out their 4 or 6 weeks notice, whip-rounds were held, presentation made at afternoon tea and the boss made a speech saying how marvellous the person was and what a great asset they'd been, and all the best for the future.

These days its a cardboard box and you're out the door before you can say goodbye and infect any other employees.

(Yes I'm offended because today I emailed the mega-effective admin at work to ask her to unlock my iphone and her mail bounced, she'd resigned almost two months ago and been whisked out of the building.)

Agree. Same at work - time was that people worked out their 4 or 6 weeks notice, whip-rounds were held, presentation made at afternoon tea and the boss made a speech saying how marvellous the person was and what a great asset they'd been, and all the best for the future.

These days its a cardboard box and you're out the door before you can say goodbye and infect any other employees.

(Yes I'm offended because today I emailed the mega-effective admin at work to ask her to unlock my iphone and her mail bounced, she'd resigned almost two months ago and been whisked out of the building.)

Clearly not that close to her then OTP.:D Agree with the thrust of what you say though.

Over The Post, were you appointed to moderate this forum or to destroy it???
A waste of time posting here now, you just remove pages and pages of fun banter at a time, what are you on????
I suppose I'll be red carded too for questioning your work...

Darryl, NOT FUNNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back