Premier B - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked for 10 games on the weekend!!

Max "Benny" Leader

PS Looking at the weather forecast, may end up pulling a "weather" hamstring.

Might head down to the next Fitzroy home game against Mazenod at BSO.

Old Carey - Mazenod
AJAX - Old Haileybury
Caulfield Grammerians - Fitzroy
University Blues
- Old Ivanhoe
St Kevins - Old Melburnians

Great effort by OM's against "traditional B grade rival" SKOBs at St Kevins. With Europe and injuries playing a role [see reserves result] - a huge effort for 2nd week in a row against top 4 side. Most of the team would have rarely won there during their school days. Still looking for a top 4 place as are several teams. Every week will be tough for all sides - except Uni Blues.

Saw Mazenod Carey today. A little spiteful. Carey got about 7-8 goals up and then Mazenod came home hard to fall 20 points short. Carey had a lot of injuries, losing number 3 and 5 early. Mazenods skills aren't great. That's what hurt them time and time again going forward. 8 and 23 for Carey good players. Think Mazenod can avoid relegation on today's performance. Ivanhoe and Hailebury for me.

The form ladder

Uni
OM's
AJAX / Carey
Skevs / Roy's
Caul
Maz / Hail
Hoes.

Who are people tipping
for top 4 in order. And who drops to Div C?

The form ladder

Uni
OM's
AJAX / Carey
Skevs / Roy's
Caul
Maz / Hail
Hoes.

Who are people tipping
for top 4 in order. And who drops to Div C?

For what it's worth massive win by Caul on the weekend to keep them alive and kicking big chance to knock off SKOB this week to cement B.
OH look like the ones in trouble but could also knock off Fitzroy this week who seem to have a very topsy turvy form line!
Uni, Carey are in. AJAX probably, SKOB/Oms for the other spot. Moving month will tell all.....

Mazenod - University Blues
Old Ivanhoe - Old Carey
Old Melburnians - AJAX
Old Haileybury - Fitzroy
St Kevins
- Caulfield Grammerians

Great effort by OM's again after several more European departures. Michael Osbourne a handy in and a couple more ex AFL players in the wings. Also expect holiday travelling to be over in next few weeks. OM's certainly pushing for finals . However expect huge game at OI nest week.

Great effort by OM's again after several more European departures. Michael Osbourne a handy in and a couple more ex AFL players in the wings. Also expect holiday travelling to be over in next few weeks. OM's certainly pushing for finals . However expect huge game at OI nest week.

Any names Smoking? Clearances closed last Monday so unless the transfer request was submitted then in the wings they will remain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is somewhere you can name a name its an anonomous thread. Me thinks he's talking crappola.

Is The Fly making a comeback for OMs? Good to see Smoking is passionate about OMs, not many are.
Awesome for The Nodders yesterday, great to see them upsetting the Invincibles.

Congratulations to Tom Paule - OM's Capt for best on ground performance for Vic Metro in their win over Vic Country.
For what it's worth I noticed the VAFA B-D4 got a nice old thumping. Looking through their side only 1 from Uni Blues, a few gone overseas or did they make themselves unavailable due to snow commitments?

Today's Games:
Fitzroy - Mazenod
Old Carey - Caulfield Grammerians
Old Ivanhoe - Old Melburnians
AJAX
- St Kevins
University Blues - Old Haileybury

Caulfield absolutely smashed. Perhaps Hail can sneak past them in the final few rounds? Final 4 set for me. Mazenods late run just a little too late. SKOBS seemed to have recovered from that form slump a month back. Carey probably a lock now for 2nd with that % booster.

Caulfield absolutely smashed. Perhaps Hail can sneak past them in the final few rounds? Final 4 set for me. Mazenods late run just a little too late. SKOBS seemed to have recovered from that form slump a month back. Carey probably a lock now for 2nd with that % booster.
Dont think the top four is that simple to pick

Old Carey have Fitzroy, Uni Blues, Ajax, OH and St Kevins- three at home
St Kevins have OI, Fitzroy, UB, Mazenod and Old Carey- possibly a slightly easier draw with three at home
Ajax have Mazenod, OI, Old Carey, Uni Blues, Fitzroy- two at home
OMs have Uni Blues, OH, caulfield, Fitzroy, Mazenod- three at home
and Fitzroy is only 2 pts off as well- OC,Skev, OI,Om,Ajax- two at home but this may be an advantage as they have won only 3 of 7 at home
Mazenod is only a game back but with low percentage, possibly has to win all five, 4 maybe as long as one of those is OMs

so very tight, it could come down to St Kevins v Old Carey in the last for 2nd spot, or even for the final spot in the finals, depending on other results

Crystal ball=. OC three wins, SKevs 4 wins, Ajax 2 wins OM 3 wins, Fitzroy 1 win, Mazenod 3 wins- which would mean percentage will separate OC and St Kevins with OM taking 4th- BUT- if Fitzroy and OM's get up this week- it could be completely different- who knows
On relegation.
OI look certainties unless they can pull of a big upset this week- then the draw opens up for them-but did notice A Delmonte and C johnson played 2s for OI with MacDonald back this week too- hoping they are not silly enough to stack the twos to try and sneak into finals there at the expense of ones relegation. If i was them i would still see a small light at the end of the tunnel, particularly if OH wins this week as i cant see them winning another until they play OI in rd 18 and Caulfield may not win another based on this weeks' performance.
in all likelihood Caulfield v OH this week will prob decide the other spot however

Last edited:
On relegation.
OI look certainties unless they can pull of a big upset this week- then the draw opens up for them-but did notice A Delmonte and C johnson played 2s for OI with MacDonald back this week too- hoping they are not silly enough to stack the twos to try and sneak into finals there at the expense of ones relegation. If i was them i would still see a small light at the end of the tunnel, particularly if OH wins this week as i cant see them winning another until they play OI in rd 18 and Caulfield may not win another based on this weeks' performance.
in all likelihood Caulfield v OH this week will prob decide the other spot however

Where are not uni Blacks of the 90's.

Delmonte has been overseas for 5 weeks. Can't expect to walk into the seniors.
Johnston has been out injured.

Several well performed Under 19's getting a chance.

For OI to stay up we need to win and need some luck, maybe a couple of teams investigated for paying players!!!

Where are not uni Blacks of the 90's.

Delmonte has been overseas for 5 weeks. Can't expect to walk into the seniors.
Johnston has been out injured.

Several well performed Under 19's getting a chance.

For OI to stay up we need to win and need some luck, maybe a couple of teams investigated for paying players!!!
Fair enough, though i know plenty of clubs would roll the die on at last one of two where relagation was at stake;admirable but...

Dont think the top four is that simple to pick

Old Carey have Fitzroy, Uni Blues, Ajax, OH and St Kevins- three at home
St Kevins have OI, Fitzroy, UB, Mazenod and Old Carey- possibly a slightly easier draw with three at home
Ajax have Mazenod, OI, Old Carey, Uni Blues, Fitzroy- two at home
OMs have Uni Blues, OH, caulfield, Fitzroy, Mazenod- three at home
and Fitzroy is only 2 pts off as well- OC,Skev, OI,Om,Ajax- two at home but this may be an advantage as they have won only 3 of 7 at home
Mazenod is only a game back but with low percentage, possibly has to win all five, 4 maybe as long as one of those is OMs

so very tight, it could come down to St Kevins v Old Carey in the last for 2nd spot, or even for the final spot in the finals, depending on other results

Crystal ball=. OC three wins, SKevs 4 wins, Ajax 2 wins OM 3 wins, Fitzroy 1 win, Mazenod 3 wins- which would mean percentage will separate OC and St Kevins with OM taking 4th- BUT- if Fitzroy and OM's get up this week- it could be completely different- who knows
On relegation.

For what it's worth, I heard a similar rumour out at Brunswick St Oval regarding the VAFA Integrity Unit being busy for once. I am sure nothing will come out of it unless there has been a fake sheikh type sting ala Pakistani cricket team, where someone has been caught "blue"-handed.

Mazenod are safe and will shape the 4 not make it, my man Kavanagh only booting 10 on the weekend.
OMs to round out the final 4 making it a nice competitive little finals series (sheikh pending)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back