Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcellin
OG
HR
Ashers
OM

Love the tactics from the Ormond boys ahead of tomorrow’s big game. Lucky for you lads we’re missing 20 of our best 18 tomorrow...
Now i missed out on you buying me a beer a few weeks ago , happy to get you one today Les and you'll be able to see for yourself . Might have 1 VFL back if the Zebras don't do they're normal s**t.

Forwards missing are Cathcart , Toolongs, S.and J.Mason ,Nicholls , Hille and Tahana . No ruckman available and defenders Hardwick .T Hine , J.Simon Suckling . A few out , but it gives a chance to a few kids .
No point worrying about it as Rovers are probably the same and Max's Leaders mob
Your team sheets suggest Nicholls, Mason. J and Hille playing so hopefully things starting to look up.

Nicholls had some decent games at premier level and made up for his lack of height with footy smarts. However he was never fit and as a consequence lacked mobility and tended to be injury prone. A good lad who could do some damage in C grade if Ormond can get him fit.

(PS - I did run into him a few months back and it looked like he has spent 2020 lockdown eating so not sure how that is going !)

Great days footy at the Gunn. Thrillers in both ones and twos. Ormond brought more pressure and smarts for most of the game but in the end Monash threw it away with terrible finishing. 2 on bench for most of second half with an ordinary effort causing one injury. Think Buckley reported?? Had to leave straight away Bedford so I’ll catch you for that beer at finals time. Well done to Ormond.

Great days footy at the Gunn. Thrillers in both ones and twos. Ormond brought more pressure and smarts for most of the game but in the end Monash threw it away with terrible finishing. 2 on bench for most of second half with an ordinary effort causing one injury. Think Buckley reported?? Had to leave straight away Bedford so I’ll catch you for that beer at finals time. Well done to Ormond.
Greg Murray would be happy

Buckley reported , what for ? Ormond were the better side all day against a side of giants .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

HR certainly had us on the back foot early. Kick with a strong wing they kicked straight and were more comfortable in the heavier conditions.

Without our skipper, the forward line looked different.

It took awhile but we wrestled the ascendancy by 3 quarter time. Finally running out winners by 25 points.

Massive shout out to the HR boys who after collecting one of in what looked like a sickening knee to head collision. Actually showed concern for the player ahead of the game. Player ended up being ok.

Max “Bloody Cold” Leader

Great win by the Monds , should have won by a bit more only for an ordinary 50 in the last Q to Monash with gave them momentum . The ordinary effort you talk about was an accidental front on contact and the player got carded , so we will leave that to whoever watches it at the VAFA and that was the only report.
Really didn't think the wind was that strong , but only 1 goal was kicked to the pavilion end for the whole day.
Your team is bigger than any other team with some great marks. Also Les you must have been the only one not upstairs as a great effort by your club to have plenty at the after match.

Your team sheets suggest Nicholls, Mason. J and Hille playing so hopefully things starting to look up.

Nicholls had some decent games at premier level and made up for his lack of height with footy smarts. However he was never fit and as a consequence lacked mobility and tended to be injury prone. A good lad who could do some damage in C grade if Ormond can get him fit.

(PS - I did run into him a few months back and it looked like he has spent 2020 lockdown eating so not sure how that is going !)
Nicholls , J.Mason didn't play , but Hille was released by Sandy after not playing for 6 weeks .

HR certainly had us on the back foot early. Kick with a strong wing they kicked straight and were more comfortable in the heavier conditions.

Without our skipper, the forward line looked different.

It took awhile but we wrestled the ascendancy by 3 quarter time. Finally running out winners by 25 points.

Massive shout out to the HR boys who after collecting one of in what looked like a sickening knee to head collision. Actually showed concern for the player ahead of the game. Player ended up being ok.

Max “Bloody Cold” Leader
What is your win loss as the ladder is stuffed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UHS threw one away yesterday, they were leading at halftime. Marcellin got in their heads in the third quarter and with the help of a one sided umpiring display by Lachlan Clancy and Hugo Burstin, Marcellin ran away with it.
All was fair in the first half and the umpires were doing a great job, but when a UHS player was sent off the umpires let Marcellin get away with almost everything. Holding the ball, dropping the ball, incorrect disposal, holding players, sling tackle, tunnelling (they did penalise a UHS player for tunnelling), etc. In general, this was a disgusting display of biased umpiring. All the things they penalised UHS for they let Marcellin get away with.
I didn’t see the incident as to why the UHS player got sent off but from what I heard he raised his arm and caught the Marcellin player on the chin or throat.

My interest in watching UHS, I used to teach one of their new players so I have no history with the club.

UHS threw one away yesterday, they were leading at halftime. Marcellin got in their heads in the third quarter and with the help of a one sided umpiring display by Lachlan Clancy and Hugo Burstin, Marcellin ran away with it.
All was fair in the first half and the umpires were doing a great job, but when a UHS player was sent off the umpires let Marcellin get away with almost everything. Holding the ball, dropping the ball, incorrect disposal, holding players, sling tackle, tunnelling (they did penalise a UHS player for tunnelling), etc. In general, this was a disgusting display of biased umpiring. All the things they penalised UHS for they let Marcellin get away with.
I didn’t see the incident as to why the UHS player got sent off but from what I heard he raised his arm and caught the Marcellin player on the chin or throat.

My interest in watching UHS, I used to teach one of their new players so I have no history with the club.
Love the honest feedback.

Don't like this. No respect shown for umps. No good.

Nice ninja edit. Your post just had "2" so I thought I'd stuffed up giving you 3... checked results, checked my working out pad, checked your tips...

Same rules for everyone, 3 misses in a row gets you dropped from the table (but not the competition). A reappearance later will cause reinstatement to the table with the appropriate number of missed tips.

Flat about my first missed tips - but I would have gotten three. No way I saw OG and Ormond winning.

Getting in early:

Ormond
Old Mentone
Mazenod
Old Ivanhoe
Monash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back