Max Leader

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
I get the want to play at the highest level one can, but I was surprised anyone wanted to go up. Especially Monash of all sides - no flags in 19 years and having spent the last few years getting smashed in Prem B I would have thought they would want to wait one more year and get up the hard way. Each to their own. Their list is clearly better than it was in 2019, they’d just want to hold onto Big Mac.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont begrudge anyone wanting to go up. I believe we would have taken the opportunity. (I actually don't know the clubs thoughts)

Based on last years results, the top 5 in C would have been competitive with the bottom 5 in B.

Monash had a percentage of nearly 200.

They will do ok.

Max "Time to start a new forum" Leader

I dont begrudge anyone wanting to go up. I believe we would have taken the opportunity. (I actually don't know the clubs thoughts)

Based on last years results, the top 5 in C would have been competitive with the bottom 5 in B.

Monash had a percentage of nearly 200.

They will do ok.

Max "Time to start a new forum" Leader

Yes I don’t hold it against them at all. I’m sure they made the right decision for the club, I just thought they of all teams would be wanting that success. They were the best team this year, they’ll be good in Prem B for sure. But the top 5 are leaps and bounds better than the rest. We will see. Best of luck to them they have a great culture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

B grade in 2021 was very much a two-tiered comp. Top 4 miles ahead of the rest and finals set after 6 rounds.

Kudos to Monash for having the plums to come up in 2022. Hopefully Parkdale can rebuild in C grade. Good club with great facilities but they were simply uncompetitive in seniors and reserves.

Will be interested to see how 2022 pans out. Already hearing my club has had a few retirements and departures. Some blokes just frustrated by the stop start nature of local footy and pulling the pin. Two years in a row busting a gut across a of 4-5 month pre- season for no reward. Can't say I blame them. After decades playing and watching local footy sadly my own interest is waning. Hopefully we can get a full season in next year and rekindle everyone's interest.

Last edited:

B grade in 2021 was very much a two-tiered comp. Top 4 miles ahead of the rest and finals set after 6 rounds.

Kudos to Monash for having the plums to come up in 2022. Hopefully Parkdale can rebuild in C grade. Good club with great facilities but they were simply uncompetitive in seniors and reserves.

Will be interested to see how 2022 pans out. Already hearing my club has had a few retirements and departures. Some blokes just frustrated by the stop start nature of local footy and pulling the pin. Two years in a row busting a gut across a of 4-5 month season for no reward. Can't say I blame them. After decades playing and watching local footy sadly my own interest is waning. Hopefully we can get a full season in next year and rekindle everyone's interest.
Great post , that will happen everywhere sadly. C should be a very even competition .

Have heard of three MASSIVE departures from Ormond, along with one retention in the old bloke from the Bulldogs.

Watch this space, the three star Ormond players are off to a B Grade club based in Malvern. ...

Edit: completely unacceptable to out another poster - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
Have heard of three MASSIVE departures from Ormond, along with one retention in the old bloke from the Bulldogs.

Watch this space, the three star Ormond players are off to a B Grade club based in Malvern....
Just say it.

Edit: removed deleted quote - OTP

Watch this space, the three star Ormond players are off to a B Grade club based in Malvern. ...

Totally unacceptable Mr. Gold, you truly deserve a suspension one similar to that imposed by your club SKOBAFL several times.

Caution - trolling
Totally unacceptable Mr. Gold, you truly deserve a suspension one similar to that imposed by your club SKOBAFL several times.

Yes..Skobbers got really (peeved with his antics) over the years. Have repeatedly told him to pull his head in and stop posting stuff that embarrasses the club. All his aliases are so bloody obvious that he can’t keep coming on pretending to barrack for different AFL and VAFA clubs thinking it affords him anonymity. I’m not sure he’s welcome back from reports I’m hearing.
Which is gold..for many reasons.
Play on..

Edit: Cut it out - OTP

News has just landed. Monash back to C. Mail is VAFA put them up without Monash permission to cater for Parkdale. Heads should be ready for the axe! Breach of the Board policy according to the network.

Garbage post clearly intended to rile Bedford. A handful of players (DLS students and some who were Ormond juniors) have floated between the two clubs in recent years but returning in 2022 that I am aware of. Aside from Harry Burt, who would be a walk up best 22, the others departed for senior opportunities in a lower grade and unlikely to return.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garbage post clearly intended to rile Bedford. A handful of players (DLS students and some who were Ormond juniors) have floated between the two clubs in recent years but none coming in 2022 that I am aware of. Aside from Harry Burt, who would be a walk up best 22 the other departed for senior opportunities in a lower grade.
Thanks JJ you are correct .

Congratulations Max to all at OI on your return to B Grade in 2022 😜😉

Chump
it’s not upto me.

We aren’t quite ready.

There is going up to play and there is going up to compete and stay.

Like most clubs, we want the later.

Going up to play is very difficult if you a getting flogged.

There are some good seasoned A & B Grade clubs we would come up against.

We don’t have the likes of Hope, Toovey, Heta and Curatolo who had the size and ability to sustain us at B Grade and beyond.

I believe in 2023 we will be competing well in B if all goes well next year.

Max “watching from afar” Leader

Yes..Skobbers got really (peeved with his antics) over the years. Have repeatedly told him to pull his head in and stop posting stuff that embarrasses the club. All his aliases are so bloody obvious that he can’t keep coming on pretending to barrack for different AFL and VAFA clubs thinking it affords him anonymity. I’m not sure he’s welcome back from reports I’m hearing.
Which is gold..for many reasons.
Play on..

Edit: Cut it out - OTP
Gold, Hipp. Sad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back