Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:

I’m tipping Braahton 1 pointers this week.
MirraAFL got ankle tapped by Elsternwick Park last week
Mr Ford, the purples new fan boy, would be desperately hoping that won’t happen Mr AFL.

However, if it does, I’m sure he will jump on the Tonners bandwagon next week, his hate for all things SKOB is palpable and quite amusing.

RIP to our dear Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. 👑

Bad luck Mike and Flat Footy , still a great season .
Thanks Bedders..If you told me we would were going to play in the Prelim Final this year at the start, I wouldn't have believed you....Disappointed for sure, we had a crack but just couldnt get there. Congrats OB..well played. A good experience for the younger players and a bright future ahead...no retirements envisaged and a good crop of young kids coming through.

Thanks Bedders..If you told me we would were going to play in the Prelim Final this year at the start, I wouldn't have believed you....Disappointed for sure, we had a crack but just couldnt get there. Congrats OB..well played. A good experience for the younger players and a bright future ahead...no retirements envisaged and a good crop of young kids coming through.

Yeah, it's a young team. A couple in there 30+, but many under 24. Bodes well for next season. Well done Brighton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite my claret and stout allegiances, I admire the system that is SKOBAFL/VFL. Can’t lose it from here, and with the young side too, you hope AFL recruiters are watching and willing to take a punt on a couple of them.

Mr Platinum i was always surprised with your backing of OXAFL. The big stage certainly isn’t their most comfortable setting unfortunately. How they approach next year will be interesting with respect to recruiting and what to do with the disappointments this year.
OXAFL should be able to find a dozen walk up starts for Seniors in their Unders (u23 & U19 & XVIII)

Rain increasing daily up until Saturday. It will be worse by 2:30pm. Shift it to Sandy
TBO is hosting the Premier C preliminary final between Hampton Rovers & Old Geelong. And with most ground doing AFLW matches or cricket pitch preparations for the upcoming summer, there's no other option for the VAFA to consider shifting the Premier GF.

TBO is hosting the Premier C preliminary final between Hampton Rovers & Old Geelong. And with most ground doing AFLW matches or cricket pitch preparations for the upcoming summer, there's no other option for the VAFA to consider shifting the Premier GF.
Swap C Grade. Give the beast players the best chance to show their wares.

God help us that's on Saturday , the A could be at Sandy on Sunday

Sad end to the season for my lions, but it was terrific to finish the season 3rd out of 10 sides when many thought we would be relegated at the start of the season.

Old Brighton were too strong, too quick and sharper than us all day, but it's a great lesson for our younger players. They will be back bigger and better in 2023.

Also, I saw our friends at Old Xaverians posted that this week's premier reserves grand final will be game 300 for 'Chopper' Handley. He's played more than 250 games in the seniors with 700 plus goals in the seniors, and overall he's kicked 881 goals, plus he's played in five senior flags. These are seriously impressive numbers for an amateur footballer and well done to him.

Sad end to the season for my lions, but it was terrific to finish the season 3rd out of 10 sides when many thought we would be relegated at the start of the season.

Old Brighton were too strong, too quick and sharper than us all day, but it's a great lesson for our younger players. They will be back bigger and better in 2023.

Also, I saw our friends at Old Xaverians posted that this week's premier reserves grand final will be game 300 for 'Chopper' Handley. He's played more than 250 games in the seniors with 700 plus goals in the seniors, and overall he's kicked 881 goals, plus he's played in five senior flags. These are seriously impressive numbers for an amateur footballer and well done to him.
To be a one club player these days is rare. Doing at an amateur level to such a high standard is truly remarkable.

I wonder if he's tempted to go around again? Chase that elusive 1000 goal mark? OX still got the 'crocs'?? send him down there and he'd kick a bag every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back