Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
It’s been moved to Sandy, a nice advantage to OB? The VAFA should refund fees that all clubs paid, what a disgrace.
Possibly the worst season in the VAFA's long & proud history. Did anyone expected the following would occur at the start of the year:

- The crisis within the VAFA Board which forced the resignation of VAFA CEO Brett Connell;

-The recent resignation of Shona McInness who pioneered the VAFA Women's competition in 2017;

-The decision by the VAFA to stage a 22 round season in Premier C-6 more than normal, then hold the grand final on the Friday before the AFL Grand Final, which meant the winner of the preliminary final (which was Old Geelong) would only get a 6 day break;

-And now the 11th hour announcement of the William Buck Premier Grand Final venue transferred from Sportscover Arena to Trevor Barker Oval due to the unplayable surface at Sportscover Arena because of the heavy rain at the Premier B Grand Final earlier today.

Wonder what the late L.A.Adamson, Harold Stewart, Ernie Atkins & Noel Rundle be thinking right now if they have heard what was going on in VAFA HQ?

Last edited:

Due to the subpar condition of Elsternwick Park, the VAFA wishes to advise that the William Buck Premier Men’s Senior Grand Final will be played at Trevor Barker Oval, tomorrow, Sunday the 18th of September at 2:30pm.

Gates to Trevor Barker Oval will open at 12pm with the game to begin at 2:30pm.

VAFA CEO Jason Reddick had the following to say:

“It’s extremely important that we play the William Buck Premier A Men’s Senior Grand Final on a surface that is suitable to that standard of football. Accordingly, we have made the decision to move tomorrow’s scheduled game to Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham due to the poor state of Elsternwick Park.

This decision has been fully supported by both St Kevin’s and Old Brighton Football clubs and we thank them for the flexibility and understanding and look forward to showcasing the pinnacle game of our Men’s competition”

6:00pm: UPDATE

The William Buck Premier Men’s Reserves Grand Final will be played at Toorak Park, tomorrow, Sunday the 18th of September at 1:00 pm. Additionally, the Homesglen Under 19s Premier Grand Final will also be played at Toorak Park, tomorrow, Sunday the 18th of September at 10:00 am.

SUNDAY’S REVISED SCHEDULE:

William Buck Premier Men’s Senior Grand Final
St Kevin’s vs. Old Brighton
Trevor Barker Oval – Sunday, September 18
2:30 pm

William Buck Premier Men’s Reserves Grand Final
Old Xaverians vs. Old Scotch
Toorak Park – Sunday, September 18
1:00 pm

Holmesglen Under 19 Premier Men’s Grand Final
Old Xaverians vs. Old Brighton
10:00 am

Who would’ve thought playing 9 weeks of footy in a row on the one ground with multiple games would result in a sub-standard surface, regardless of rain.

UPDATE: Xavs hosting Reserves & Under 19s Grand Finals.

UPDATE: VAFA also considering moving the William Buck Premier GF to Toorak Park, with Xavs participating in lieu of either Grand Finalists to keep those in charge happy.

Due to the subpar condition of Elsternwick Park, the VAFA wishes to advise that the William Buck Premier Men’s Senior Grand Final will be played at Trevor Barker Oval, tomorrow, Sunday the 18th of September at 2:30pm.

Gates to Trevor Barker Oval will open at 12pm with the game to begin at 2:30pm.

VAFA CEO Jason Reddick had the following to say:

“It’s extremely important that we play the William Buck Premier A Men’s Senior Grand Final on a surface that is suitable to that standard of football. Accordingly, we have made the decision to move tomorrow’s scheduled game to Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham due to the poor state of Elsternwick Park.

This decision has been fully supported by both St Kevin’s and Old Brighton Football clubs and we thank them for the flexibility and understanding and look forward to showcasing the pinnacle game of our Men’s competition”

6:00pm: UPDATE

The William Buck Premier Men’s Reserves Grand Final will be played at Toorak Park, tomorrow, Sunday the 18th of September at 1:00 pm. Additionally, the Homesglen Under 19s Premier Grand Final will also be played at Toorak Park, tomorrow, Sunday the 18th of September at 10:00 am.

SUNDAY’S REVISED SCHEDULE:

William Buck Premier Men’s Senior Grand Final
St Kevin’s vs. Old Brighton
Trevor Barker Oval – Sunday, September 18
2:30 pm

William Buck Premier Men’s Reserves Grand Final
Old Xaverians vs. Old Scotch
1:00 pm

Holmesglen Under 19 Premier Men’s Grand Final
Old Xaverians vs. Old Brighton
10:00 am
With 10 to 15mm of rain expected tomorrow it’s not going to be a great day for football.

With 10 to 15mm of rain expected tomorrow it’s not going to be a great day for football.
Imagine if the VAFA William Buck Premier Grand Final was still being held at Sportscover Arena tomorrow with the amount of rain expected mentioned above to hit right on 2pm. The VAFA wouldn't be prepared for the massive backlash coming their way after the game. No wonder the VAFA can't wait for season 2022 to finish-in the words of the late Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, this year has been an 'annus horribilis' for the once proud VAFA.

Imagine if the VAFA William Buck Premier Grand Final was still being held at Sportscover Arena tomorrow with the amount of rain expected mentioned above to hit right on 2pm. The VAFA wouldn't be prepared for the massive backlash coming their way after the game. No wonder the VAFA can't wait for season 2022 to finish-in the words of the late Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, this year has been an 'annus horribilis' for the once proud VAFA.
Jas, bad luck for your HR today. Heartbreaking

Jas, bad luck for your HR today. Heartbreaking
Thanks, but in hindsight it would've been extremely difficult for us Rovers to win the grand final against Monash next Friday, especially after such a gruelling and taxing game of footy because of the wet conditions, with a 6 day recovery. No wonder the Monash people were delighted with the way the preliminary final panned out.

Just been to Trevor Barker Oval to watch the Premier C Preliminary Final between Hampton Rovers & Old Geelong. Can report that TBO is OK despite the heavy rain we've had today. Could this be the beginning of the end for Elsternwick Park as the 'Home of the VAFA'?
But you said it won't handle rain ffs

Possibly the worst season in the VAFA's long & proud history. Did anyone expected the following would occur at the start of the year:

- The crisis within the VAFA Board which forced the resignation of VAFA CEO Brett Connell;

-The recent resignation of Shona McInness who pioneered the VAFA Women's competition in 2017;

-And now the 11th hour announcement of the William Buck Premier Grand Final venue transferred from Sportscover Arena to Trevor Barker Oval due to the unplayable surface at Sportscover Arena because of the heavy rain at the Premier B Grand Final earlier today.

Wonder what the late L.A.Adamson, Harold Stewart, Ernie Atkins & Noel Rundle be thinking right now if they have heard what was going on in VAFA HQ?
You need to get back on the boundary

It’s been moved to Sandy, a nice advantage to OB? The VAFA should refund fees that all clubs paid, what a disgrace.
Mr Platinum half SKOBAFL team played in a A grade Premiership at Sandy in 2017. Ironically it was held there because EP was being redeveloped into a state of the art football facility. My goodness what total ineptitude and money pissed away.

Mr Platinum half SKOBAFL team played in a A grade Premiership at Sandy in 2017. Ironically it was held there because EP was being redeveloped into a state of the art football facility. My goodness what total ineptitude and money pissed away.
As far back as 2003, the VAFA was thinking about moving away from having Elsternwick Park as VAFA HQ and shifting it to Sandringham. In the Annual Report that season, the VAFA decided to stay at Sportscover Arena because it had 'enough plus marks to warrant its retention as VAFA HQ.'

The least the VAFA could do is throw open the gates today? or allow me to use yesterdays entry ticket from EP again today (Because I can't call what I watched yesterday football).

Have the VAFA moved passed the laughing stock stage or are they now on par with the Southern Football League?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The least the VAFA could do is throw open the gates today? or allow me to use yesterdays entry ticket from EP again today (Because I can't call what I watched yesterday football).

Have the VAFA moved passed the laughing stock stage or are they now on par with the Southern Football League?
Spare a thought for the Elsternwick Cricket Club, who now might have to play its first couple of home games 'away' due to the unplayable surface at Sportscover Arena. If they aren't angry at the VAFA at the moment, imagine what their mood would be like right now. Would the ECC look at taking legal action against the VAFA and the Bayside Council down the track over the use of Elsternwick Park?

Spare a thought for the Elsternwick Cricket Club, who now might have to play its first couple of home games 'away' due to the unplayable surface at Sportscover Arena. If they aren't angry at the VAFA at the moment, imagine what their mood would be like right now. Would the ECC look at taking legal action against the VAFA and the Bayside Council down the track over the use of Elsternwick Park?
I believe they can't even find a curator as it's so bad no one wants the job ! spare a thought for Prahran CC

SFNL used Linton St Moorabbin and Mordiallocs ground for Finals so first class surfaces so for once they’re way above VAFA in this regard but Sportscover Arena has never had any atmosphere and the local parking is awful at the least

My dear Mr AFL, there are only 5 players in todays team who played in that premiership, so I again ask the question, if the ground switch will suit OB better?

Either way, I’m hopping my lads salute today, but whatever the result, this is a win for VAFA football as SKOB are playing with 21 home grown kids, with OB around 18 players.

Great Day and Year for the Catholic teams. Time to acknowledge them.

SKOBAFL in a scrap win seniors.

Old Xavs up against the the always strong Old Scotch Ressies win a rip snorter at Toorak Park. Big Plugger goes out with another flag. Amazing stuff!

Under 19’s..the youth of today and the future of tomorrow. Brighton took on the Xavs and it was the mighty Claret and Stout that came through.
Great game!

U23’s..Claret and Stout defeat the X-Men in a modern day classic. Lots of skill on offer. Lots of classic contests.

So 4/4 for the Catholic Lass (Xavs doing most of the heavy lifting again)

Well done to all!

My dear Mr AFL, there are only 5 players in todays team who played in that premiership, so I again ask the question, if the ground switch will suit OB better?

Either way, I’m hopping my lads salute today, but whatever the result, this is a win for VAFA football as SKOB are playing with 21 home grown kids, with OB around 18 players.
Why is it a win, the only thing it shows is that the VAFA is mainly for the rich private schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back