Prison Life

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a guy who I can't stand that did 18 months for picking up a girl at a night club, turned out that she was 15 and her parents pressed charges.
He was at the prison that built the Golf course.
He said that it was like a 18 month holiday, they got pretty much anything they wanted and he even needed new clothes so he had a shopping day with a guard.

An 18 month holiday (with shopping sprees) for rootin a hot 15-year-old?

My 14 yr old nephew just got released from juvey. Haven't had much chance to talk to him about his experience yet.

some pretty good stuff in here. i myself dont no anyone that has gone to prison. low security prisons almost sound good.

A relative of mine worked at pentridge prison for over thirty years including the infamous Jika Jika section. I have heard horror stories.

Jukies and petty crims just don't know how good they have it these days compared to those days.

like what

My dad is a builder and has done a bit off work in one of the prisons in Perth (Bandyup Chicks House I think?). He said their pretty good facilities.

Anyone done the Fremantle Jail tour? That would have to have been one of the worst prisons in the developed world when it was still open (early '90's).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's how Jeffery Dahmer was done. His cell (where he was 'kept safe' from the general prison population) was accidentaly on purpose left open and unattended for a few hours one night...

Do i believe you, or wikipedia that says he got attacked with a weight in the prison gym :p

Do i believe you, or wikipedia that says he got attacked with a weight in the prison gym :p

Dunno - I heard & read at the time that he was 'assaulted with a broom handle' while his cell was 'accidentaly left unguarded'. If that's not the case then fair enough, I got it wrong.

EDIT: I may have got things a little mixed up, but a broom handle WAS involved somehow.

Inmate Bludgeoned With Jeffrey Dahmer on Work Detail Dies
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9405E3DC1130F932A35751C1A962958260

Published: December 1, 1994
The prison inmate who was bludgeoned with the serial killer Jeffrey L. Dahmer died today, the authorities said.

Jesse Anderson, 37, was pronounced dead at 10:05 A.M. at the University of Wisconsin Hospital, said a spokesman for the Department of Corrections, Joseph Scislowicz. Mr. Anderson was serving a life sentence for killing his wife.

Mr. Dahmer died on Monday. C. Keith Epps, the Columbia County Coroner, said Tuesday that Mr. Dahmer had been killed by two major blows to the head.

Mr. Anderson was found in a locker room at the Columbia Correctional Institution in Portage, while Dahmer was found in a pool of blood in a staff bathroom adjoining a basketball court. They were on a work detail with another inmate, Christopher J. Scarver.

A bloody broom handle was found near Mr. Dahmer, who died of skull fractures and brain trauma, but investigators have said Mr. Dahmer's head might have been beaten against a wall or the floor.

Mr. Scarver, was identified by prison officials as the sole suspect in the killings. He was imprisoned for the 1990 killing of a man during a robbery.

Mr. Dahmer confessed to killing 17 men and boys. He had been behind bars since July 1991, after a handcuffed man escaped from him and led Milwaukee police to an apartment full of body parts.

Mr. Anderson was serving a life sentence for stabbing and bludgeoning his wife, Barbara, to death on April 21, 1992. Mr. Anderson's case drew wide attention because of his claim that two black men attacked him and his wife, both white, as they left a Milwaukee restaurant.

Mr. Scarver, who was convicted of killing a former co-worker at the Wisconsin Conservation Corps during a robbery, had used an insanity defense at his 1992 trial.

He told one psychiatrist that he was the son of God and had heard voices that prompted him to kill.

During psychiatric examinations, Mr. Scarver, who is black, expressed hostility toward whites. When asked by a psychiatrist whether he thought his own sentence was just, Mr. Scarver replied: "Nothing white peole do is just."

A report from the Mendota Mental Health Institute said Mr. Scarver exhibited "a rather rigid belief system which views Caucasian people as working against him."

Mr. Dahmer was white and most of his victims were members of minorities, although he had said race was not a factor in his crimes.

The attack on Mr. Dahmer was the second this year. Stephen Eisenberg, who represented Mr. Dahmer after his trial, said his client did not want the restrictive living conditions that could have saved him.

In July, an inmate tried to cut Mr. Dahmer's throat with a makeshift weapon, but the weapon fell apart and Mr. Dahmer escaped with only a scratch. Meanwhile, Mr. Dahmer's divorced parents continue to argue over his body. Both parents want the body of their son cremated and want custody of the ashes, lawyers said.

Mr. Eisenberg said a judge may have to split the ashes between Mr. Dahmer's mother, Joyce Flint of Fresno, Calif., and his father, Lionel Dahmer of Bath, Ohio.

The authorities have performed an autopsy and will release Mr. Dahmer's body when it is no longer needed as evidence.

Mr. Dahmer told a television interviewer this year that fights between his parents had been "unnerving, depressing" and had pushed him into "my own little world where I had control." But he said the arguments were not an excuse for his behavior.

His parents divorced in the late 1970's.

You might still be right, wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source.

Regardless of how he died, I'm sure most people would agree he got what he deserved.

Mate of mine just got out of prison, he was sentenced to 12 months for Negligence to Cause Serious Injury plus a few other bits and pieces from a car accident when he was driving drunk.

Him and his then housemate used to play rock paper scissors to see who drove home pissed from the pub and my mate was driving one night and rolled the car going round a corner and the passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt and ended up paralysed.

Anyway, he went from the remand centre to Port Phillip for a couple of weeks for assesment to see which prison he should settle at. He says he actually didn't mind it as he is a pretty street smart sort of guy and because of his ethnic background he was welcomed in by a group and had a pretty easy time. He then went to a farm prison up near Murchison where his days were spent as follows.

Get Up
Milk Cows
Go for a Run
Breakfast
Gym
Nap
Lunch
Milk Cows
Gym
Dinner
Sleep

Repeat for 9 months.

He is now on home detention until february. Overall he has got through it pretty easily through good luck and just keeping his head down and mouth shut. And he has come out in that good of shape that he looks like and AFL player coming off a hard preseason!

He is now on home detention until february. Overall he has got through it pretty easily through good luck and just keeping his head down and mouth shut. And he has come out in that good of shape that he looks like and AFL player coming off a hard preseason!

So it was soooo worth it! :rolleyes:

Mate of mine just got out of prison, he was sentenced to 12 months for Negligence to Cause Serious Injury plus a few other bits and pieces from a car accident when he was driving drunk.

Him and his then housemate used to play rock paper scissors to see who drove home pissed from the pub and my mate was driving one night and rolled the car going round a corner and the passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt and ended up paralysed.

Anyway, he went from the remand centre to Port Phillip for a couple of weeks for assesment to see which prison he should settle at. He says he actually didn't mind it as he is a pretty street smart sort of guy and because of his ethnic background he was welcomed in by a group and had a pretty easy time. He then went to a farm prison up near Murchison where his days were spent as follows.

Get Up
Milk Cows
Go for a Run
Breakfast
Gym
Nap
Lunch
Milk Cows
Gym
Dinner
Sleep

Repeat for 9 months.

Wow good for him I'm sure his mate who is effectively now just a head on a stick and spends his days shitting his pants in a wheel chair is thrilled that he had such a cushy time in jail and is now ripped like an AFL footballer.

Good old trusty rock for the win.... or a one-way trip to misery. I wish i had more hands, so i give your mate more thumbs down. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Sorry for sounding so flippant about the other details of the accident such as the injuries of the passenger, details surrounding it etc. If this was a thread about recovering from serious motor vehicle accidents, grief counselling and drug and alcohol abuse i would of gone into it.

It's not so i stuck to what was relevant.

If anyone does want to discuss that with me i'm happy to do it via PM.

Sorry for sounding so flippant about the other details of the accident such as the injuries of the passenger, details surrounding it etc. If this was a thread about recovering from serious motor vehicle accidents, grief counselling and drug and alcohol abuse i would of gone into it.

It's not so i stuck to what was relevant.

If anyone does want to discuss that with me i'm happy to do it via PM.

Just irks me that a your mate seemingly had a pretty cushy time of it and is out in 12 months in (physically) better shape that what he went in. The bloke in the passengers seat has a life sentence now. I'm prob a bit over sensitive to it because as with most people at some time in their lives, I have experienced what a senseless death from getting behind the wheel off your head can do to a family/friends.

Don't drink and drive people! It aint worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back