Project 147. Stage 1: Planning

Would you be in favour of the section 147 plan?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Objective: To promote banter among other activities in an effort to make the game more enjoyable for both sets of fans.

The infamous Bay 13 at the MCG is undoubtedly the best atmosphere of all areas in the stadium and this thread intended to be the planning stages of a smaller version of Bay 13 at Metricon Stadium. Section 147 has been selected as the area given it is located right next to the to the opposition cheer squad and is a general admission area, just like Bay 13. The working title of the area is the River Rats given section 147 is located at the river end of Metricon Stadium. The idea was trialed once in 2013 against the Demons by SUNS and a few other friends which turned out to be a hit with fellow Suns supporters in the area and made for some enjoyable banter with Melbourne supporters. This is also not limited to AFL given the stadium is likely to host Cricket matches in the near future.

Now for some ideas.
  • TheSunGod suggested chanting the 'Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye' song to section 148 (opposition supporter section) late in the fourth quarter when the Suns are winning convincingly. I think it's a great idea.
  • Chanting "You're going home in the back of a divvy van!" whenever an opposition supporter is ejected from section 148 by police and/or security. Been done at plenty of other grounds but still worth doing. See below for the chant tune.
  • My personal favourite - Chanting "In Carrara, the mighty fortress, the lion sleeps tonight!" several times at section 148 during a game in which the Suns are beating the Lions late in the game. See below for the chant tune of The Tokens - The lions sleeps tonight.
  • Chanting "What's wrong pussycats whoa oh whoa oh whoa oh" repeatedly at section 148 during a game in which the Suns are beating Geelong late in the game. See below for the chant tune of Tom Jones - What's new pussycat.
  • Have one of the Suns supporters in section 147 wearing a trench coat that is opened after every Suns goal to reveal he is only wearing a red mankini and celebrating the goal. The guy will need to wear the mankini under his clothes when he enters the stadium. I'm confident it will get some air time.
  • Should definitely look into having the South Sydney singlet guy return to ask section 147 "how good's (player's name that just kicked a goal)?" and section 147 replying "he's alright!"

Let's brainstorm some more ideas!

Forgot to add the divvy van chant. Here it is in Bay 13 at the MCG. Don't be fooled by the video title, it is divvy van not dippy van.

So I guess that means there is no chance of you getting the same set of ten friends as last time?

Did you do anything else outside of banter with the opposition supporters?

We had one thats moved overseas. A few that prefer their seats in the upper levels, a few that are regular cheer squad members, Big Red Machine I have already briefed over and also lord flashy and his kids who sat with us (someone tag him please haha)

We had one thats moved overseas. A few that prefer their seats in the upper levels, a few that are regular cheer squad members, Big Red Machine I have already briefed over and also lord flashy and his kids who sat with us (someone tag him please haha)

You mean Lord Flasheart ?

Yeah, yeah. I'm a terrible person. What else is new.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tag me yourself you lazy prick.

I vote you for the Mankini, I also propose you have the oppositions mascot or team emblem stitched into your crotch for vigorous thrusting when a free kick is given our way or an opposition player stuffs up in general.

River rats makes me think we are a weak knock off of those Home and Away ******s which are a knockoff of the Bra boys. Let the name evolve organically.

Okay. We'll just leave it as Section 147 for now. Now how about some more ideas for antics up the river end?

Okay. We'll just leave it as Section 147 for now. Now how about some more ideas?

I already gave some ideas above, most of them for SUNS but still quality suggestions. Just make sure the Mankini is in Suns colours to remove any doubt.

Ragging on opposition supporters will probably be based on topical issues at the time. Essendons drug taking last year, St Kildas dwarf burning, I remember giving it to Maxwell last year because of his expert ability to man up on a section of grass and point fingers, much to the disgust of the feral horde sitting to my left. This thread is a good sounding board for what can be potentially used on a week to week basis against each team. First team we have is Richmond (you know, the team that lost to 9th in the finals and the team we win 2 out of the 3 times we play them? Hopefully to be 3 out of 4 in 6 weeks). There is always some great ammunition in Bay 13 (The forum) so I would recommend getting over there from time to time for some inspiration as there are sometimes some truly lolworthy burns being handed out.

I already gave some ideas above, most of them for SUNS but still quality suggestions. Just make sure the Mankini is in Suns colours to remove any doubt.

Ragging on opposition supporters will probably be based on topical issues at the time. Essendons drug taking last year, St Kildas dwarf burning, I remember giving it to Maxwell last year because of his expert ability to man up on a section of grass and point fingers, much to the disgust of the feral horde sitting to my left. This thread is a good sounding board for what can be potentially used on a week to week basis against each team. First team we have is Richmond (you know, the team that lost to 9th in the finals and the team we win 2 out of the 3 times we play them? Hopefully to be 3 out of 4 in 6 weeks). There is always some great ammunition in Bay 13 (The forum) so I would recommend getting over there from time to time for some inspiration as there are sometimes some truly lolworthy burns being handed out.

Fair call. Not sure you could get a mankini that is both red and yellow. Might just have to settle for getting both colours and wearing one slightly to the side.

You're right about most of the sledges at the opposition supporters will be topical and will pop up at the right time. Richmond is such an easy target for Suns fans which is why I thought they'd be perfect to test it out on. I have another idea for someone to dress up as Hulk Hogan (see pic below). He wore red and yellow back in the day and instead of having HULKAMANIA on the the shirt/singlet, you could have SUNSMANIA or something along those lines. Also, ripping the shirt Hulk Hogan style after a really big play up the river end would be pretty legendary too.

Vl8rd86.jpg

Fair call. Not sure you could get a mankini that is both red and yellow. Might just have to settle for getting both colours and wearing one slightly to the side.

You're right about most of the sledges at the opposition supporters will be topical and will pop up at the right time. Richmond is such an easy target for Suns fans which is why I thought they'd be perfect to test it out on. I have another idea for someone to dress up as Hulk Hogan (see pic below). He wore red and yellow back in the day and instead of having HULKAMANIA on the the shirt/singlet, you could have SUNSMANIA or something along those lines. Also, ripping the shirt Hulk Hogan style after a really big play up the river end would be pretty legendary too.

Vl8rd86.jpg

I'd nominate Big Red Machine for that one, given that his current name is a wrestling reference, I would also insist he wear the red and yellow feather boa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of Sunsmania which doesn't really roll off the tongue, perhaps use one of the players names.

Jaegermania is the first one that springs to mind.

Good point. JAEGERMANIA sounds good. The red and yellow feather boa is a must with the outfit!

Haha good call. Whenever Rory swings forward and kicks a goal Big Red Machine will have to rip the shirt open like Hulk Hogan.

I'll also expect to hear "Whatcha gunna do bruther, when Rory runs wild on you?"

Correct, you'd rather hang out with a pair of racist old ladies.
Not even their worst crime, They hate Bluey :0

I'd nominate Big Red Machine for that one, given that his current name is a wrestling reference, I would also insist he wear the red and yellow feather boa.
YES! YES! YES!

Actually, how dense of me, if it was BRM, then it would be Rorymania
Louismania? Rangamania?

Haha good call. Whenever Rory swings forward and kicks a goal Big Red Machine will have to rip the shirt open like Hulk Hogan.
Rory swinging forward in a close game and I would sprint to the river end for that opportunity.

Rory swinging forward in a close game and I would sprint to the river end for that opportunity.

Do you actually have prior seating arrangements or would you be willing to dress up as Hulk Hogan and sit in section 147 for one game? You would have to rock the the white handlebar mustache and a red/yellow bandanna as well.

Just had another idea for a costume in section 147. Someone should dress as the Dalai Lama in red and yellow! haha.

DalaiLama(1).jpg

So is this happening @SUNS? I could just imagine channel 7/Fox Footy getting around you guys when they realise Hulk Hogan, the Dalai Lama and a guy in in a minkini are sitting next to the opposition cheer squad! Haha

Ill let @SUNS field that one but he's been a rather busy boy over the last few days.

While we're on the subject of wrestling... I don't fashion myself so much as a Hulk Hogan(But will play the part is required) , More of an El Generico (Pasty ranga, Wears a mask) which gives me ideas of maybe an Ole chant (his theme music was that song on the indies) but that leads me to Daniel Bryan (Hopefully @Lord Flasheart or maybe one of you other hidden wrestling buffs can confirm his status had the most over guy in the industry) and his "Yes" chant (There was the suggestion floating around this time last year for "Fandangoing" but it was too complicated to take off)

I'd definitely like to give the yes chant a whirl though, if nothing else.

[Edit] Rats, me and Suns already discussed the masked wrestler thing ages back... El Scorcho never took off, Maybe El Rangerico?

Last edited:
Back