Proposal to solve the Freo draw debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

My proposal is that the match results stand until we meet Fremantle again in Subiaco (Saturday, 19th August).

Both teams agree to nullify the Tassie result and play for eight premiership points on this day.

Freo run the risk of gaining no points whatsoever for the match, but they will have the home ground advantage and the moral outrage in their favour.

The Saints will be seen as giving Freo a fair go at earning the points they lost back but will require that Freo earn it on the footy field in an honorable manner.

Is that a fair compromise ?

Link

I hope that if it doesn't get overturned the two following things happen:\

1. Freo refuse to ever play in Tassie again; and
2. Freo players and supporters absolutely tear strips off the Saints when they play you guys over there.

As a neutral supporter I am disgusted at the Saints for not handing the points over it was your win.... shouldn't have made it that close;) , but definitely your win.

Apparently 2 commissioners have already come out and said publically that Freo won and that should be the outcome before the commission has actually sat down. Now I'm all for that, but shouldn't they refrain from commenting and making their minds up until they hear the cases put down by the clubs and their QC's?

StKildonan said:
My proposal is that the match results stand until we meet Fremantle again in Subiaco (Saturday, 19th August).

Both teams agree to nullify the Tassie result and play for eight premiership points on this day.

Freo run the risk of gaining no points whatsoever for the match, but they will have the home ground advantage and the moral outrage in their favour.

The Saints will be seen as giving Freo a fair go at earning the points they lost back but will require that Freo earn it on the footy field in an honorable manner.

Link

So you propose that saints further gain from the game?

ah I dont think so

StKildonan said:

Link
Here's a better compromise: If the AFL decide that the result of a completed game can't be altered, they should cancel the August game, give Freo a bye and award Freo the 4 points.

To make it fair on all the other clubs we can add that Fraser Gehrig and Jeff Farmer each cop one week suspensions from the "game". Then all that needs to be sorted out is how much St Kilda owes Freo in financial compensation for a sell-out home game that won't be played.

But more realistically, I agree with masai that the AFL won't change the result, but might cut us some slack on fixturing, probably on the proviso that we agree not to proceed with any court appeals. Whether the club should agree to that or not, I don't know.

I've got an idea, show some honour and sportsmanship and give us the 2 points, as well as getting reamed by us later in the year.

Sounds fair to me.

Why not give us the 4 points, and we'll let you start Rd 20 with 8 seconds gone and you can have 1 point on the board... but the game starts with a kickout by us, not a centre-bounce.

DOES NOBODY LISTEN?!!? st kilda has no choice in this, its up to the afl, saints cannot decide to give the points back!
none of this is there fault!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

person077 said:
DOES NOBODY LISTEN?!!? st kilda has no choice in this, its up to the afl, saints cannot decide to give the points back!
Then why are Stkilda fighting to keep the 4 points then when they know themselves they lost the game fair and square.The least they could of done is admit that Freo won instead of walk around with smug looks on their faces as it may have made the AFLs decision a little easier

person077 said:

Everything. Absolutely everything from time immemorial is the Saints fault. They are a destabilising curse on the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back