Games & Recreation Proud Boys - Some weird game thing the kids are playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

You know how newish churches brand themselves as being about fashion and other s**t instead of their hideous anti-gay, anti-ethnic truth at the core? This sounds like the far right, under 40s equivalent.

Last edited:

The thing I don't get in the Australian context is...join a footy club, or a cricket club, or a soccer club, etc.

They were literally set up as male institutions, are 90% male and the ladies who are there are very supportive of those spaces being for male friendship. You also get some physical exercise and it doesn't come with a whole heap of out of place American libertarian rightwing douchery.

I mean wtf does Western chauvinism mean in the Australian context anyway? What British chauvinism? Because Australia has a hugely different political and social culture to the US and tacking a narrative on from the US is, in my perspective anyway not only moronic but hugely disrespectful to the different types of male masculinity that Australia is built on.

The thing I don't get in the Australian context is...join a footy club, or a cricket club, or a soccer club, etc.

They were literally set up as male institutions, are 90% male and the ladies who are there are very supportive of those spaces being for male friendship. You also get some physical exercise and it doesn't come with a whole heap of out of place American libertarian rightwing douchery.

I mean wtf does Western chauvinism mean in the Australian context anyway? What British chauvinism? Because Australia has a hugely different political and social culture to the US and tacking a narrative on from the US is, in my perspective anyway not only moronic but hugely disrespectful to the different types of male masculinity that Australia is built on.

Its utterly bizarre.

What particular elements of masculinity are condemned, and when and where are you experiencing condemnation in your everyday life?

Excellent question.

Fairly sure its just "the vibe" and too long on the internet. Similar to those poor oppressed souls walking around Charlottesville with tiki torches last year, I'd be amazed if more than 5% of these people had ever copped real discrimination to their face in their life.

Ooh look.
Chief thinks its funny to move something he doesnt like to the GD board.
What makes you think we want this crap here just so you can "stick it up" those you oppose.
Good to see firekrakours name has been fixed. heck that was funny. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get it.

Somebody dumb it down

Impossible, its already at peak dumb.

Good to see firekrakours name has been fixed. **** that was funny. :rolleyes:

It was funny. You can't post like that guy does and expect a fair go.

A club forms for alpha males, so naturally all the beta male keyboard warriors are being haters. Lol.

Hahaha. This is the best one yet, keep em coming FireQuora
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

According to wikipedia the club gets its name from a showtune which offended the founder. That doesn't sound very alpha to me.

Mother of god, you're right

The group takes its name from the showtune "Proud of Your Boy," a song introduced in the 2011 stage-show version of Disney's Aladdin in which the title character apologizes to his mother.[10][12]

Just when you think it can't get any more hilarious, the name is from a showtune in a Disney stage production. I'm literally crying here
emoji23.png

Last edited:
Dang, I can see why Chrfe moved the posts into their own thread here. This board is even more hostile than SRP. Sorry everyone, I'll see myself out.

You're confusing hostility with irreverence. If you want to take your Disney inspired, cereal punching, 'alpha male' boy band club seriously thats your business, just don't expect other people to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back