QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

not trying to be a smarty QAFL Fan, genuine question. With Wynnym being easily beaten in QAFA B granny does that constitute a good enough Senior List to build into a 2 side club?

Caloundra were mentioned before however they went through and demolished Div 4 before returning to div 2. Would want to reallly recruit well in the off-season to build a list of at least 50(20-25 solid senior players) so they can play up. But who knows between now and April next year is a Lifetime in footy

I believe their best 22 would push for finals in QAFA A, especially with another season into those younger blokes. Had they remained in QFA this year, it would have been a very very long year again, and recruiting for 2015 would be tough!

As for having enough for 2 sides, I don't think even they could tell you if its possible at this point. It's a numbers game though, they just need the bodies to field a reserves outfit - it doesn't have to be a good side. All sorts of rumors floating about regarding new teams in the QAFA B comp next year, is some of them don't come to fruition, then Wynnum should hopefully pick up a few guys looking for a game.

That Woodsmen outfit they ran into on Friday night is a seriously good side, no shame in getting a touch up. If Wynnum do move up, and there isn't much change - Woodsmen will be even more dominant next year, but its a lifetime away.

Caloundra were mentioned before however they went through and demolished Div 4 before returning to div 2. Would want to reallly recruit well in the off-season to build a list of at least 50(20-25 solid senior players) so they can play up. But who knows between now and April next year is a Lifetime in footy

I shouldn't comment too much, as I haven't seen a great deal of footy in the other Div 4 comps, but my understanding is that Div 4 North is a significantly lower standard than the Central comp - so Caloundra were always going to destroy it.

I believe their best 22 would push for finals in QAFA A, especially with another season into those younger blokes. Had they remained in QFA this year, it would have been a very very long year again, and recruiting for 2015 would be tough!

As for having enough for 2 sides, I don't think even they could tell you if its possible at this point. It's a numbers game though, they just need the bodies to field a reserves outfit - it doesn't have to be a good side. All sorts of rumors floating about regarding new teams in the QAFA B comp next year, is some of them don't come to fruition, then Wynnum should hopefully pick up a few guys looking for a game.

That Woodsmen outfit they ran into on Friday night is a seriously good side, no shame in getting a touch up. If Wynnum do move up, and there isn't much change - Woodsmen will be even more dominant next year, but its a lifetime away.

I shouldn't comment too much, as I haven't seen a great deal of footy in the other Div 4 comps, but my understanding is that Div 4 North is a significantly lower standard than the Central comp - so Caloundra were always going to destroy it.

i hope for wynnums sake they do push back to the top. shame to think that they went back to back in div 1 in 08 and 09

How many Woodsman players are going to play again? As that comp saw with Zillmere, it's only 7-8 guns that seperate a gun side from an also ran.

All indications at this stage are that nobody is giving it away, but we might gain a few extras.

How many Magpie senior players are giving it away to come to you blokes?

If you get stronger it will ruin the competition, AFLQ needs to find a solution if this league continues like it has the past 2 seasons.

I don't propose anything, but the people that run the show could come up with something.

Perhaps they could play in QAFA A and play home games on Friday nights and encourage opposition clubs to host them on Friday nights? No reserves is a problem.

Who know how it could work, but if they get stronger next year -it will be another undefeated season

How many Magpie senior players are giving it away to come to you blokes?

If you get stronger it will ruin the competition, AFLQ needs to find a solution if this league continues like it has the past 2 seasons.

Well it's only a rumour but one of the blokes might be related to Luke Ball so there's one ex-Magpie who might suit up? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't propose anything, but the people that run the show could come up with something.

Perhaps they could play in QAFA A and play home games on Friday nights and encourage opposition clubs to host them on Friday nights? No reserves is a problem.

Who know how it could work, but if they get stronger next year -it will be another undefeated season

What do you reckon Thommo ?? A few guys here give you absolutely no hope !!

Carrara will be hard to beat next year as they have 3 Labrador seniors and 4 neafl senior players arriving to help the so called struggling side

Carrara will be hard to beat next year as they have 3 Labrador seniors and 4 neafl senior players arriving to help the so called
struggling side
Good news for any club to grab higher div signings...but what do you mean by "so called struggling side"? Finishing 8th in a 9 team comp with only 4 wins from 16 starts would pretty much be the definition of a struggling side...

Good news for any club to grab higher div signings...but what do you mean by "so called struggling side"? Finishing 8th in a 9 team comp with only 4 wins from 16 starts would pretty much be the definition of a struggling side...
Are you kidding footy , they made the ressies gf!!!! But seriously I heard they are gunna be sponsored by the finks mc so they can buy some neafl players !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back