QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting so the Comp now 26 teams? Should look like this:
Moorooka, Pine Rivers, Redcliffe, Ipswich, Park Ridge, Beenleigh, Suns, Carrara, UQ, Bond Uni, Wynnum, Victoria Point, Kedron... Anyone else gonna drop down to play in the most popular comp??? ;)

Moorooka, Pine Rivers, Redcliffe, Ipswich, Park Ridge, Beenleigh, Suns, Carrara, UQ, Bond Uni, Wynnum, Victoria Point, Kedron... Anyone else gonna drop down to play in the most popular comp??? ;)

Still don't think Bond, Wynnum and Vic Point are certainties.

I thought the most popular comp was QAFA (B)? or is that just where the best players play? ;)

D DAY for Victoria Point and Wynuum to have 60 names registered for this comp? Any one from these clubs know if they will make it?

Registering blokes that aren't committed as yet.

Personally, I think its too onerous on the clubs to be expected to have 60 by now, but I also understand why AFLQ needs it for planning purposes.

Clubs intending to move, really should have started the recruitment/campaign process in about September though.

Registering blokes that aren't committed as yet.

Personally, I think its too onerous on the clubs to be expected to have 60 by now, but I also understand why AFLQ needs it for planning purposes.

Clubs intending to move, really should have started the recruitment/campaign process in about September though.

60 is a lot I agree at this time of year. Be interesting how many of the existing clubs have any where near that registered

I would say the answer to that is none.

but there is no onus on them to prove their numbers, as they are existing competitors in those leagues.

Also, sides like Jimboomba and Wynnum that stuffed AFLQ around last year by not having numbers at the 11th hour will find it much harder to get approval to go up as a result of previous actions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there's been confirmation of no UQ 4ths or 5ths in 2015. 3rd side only, to play QAFA(B).

Apparently there's been confirmation of no UQ 4ths or 5ths in 2015. 3rd side only, to play QAFA(B).

Interesting. So should be the same number of teams again, with Victoria Point replacing UQ. Wynnum, I'm not sure will get the numbers to move up and Kedron, I don't think should be able to drop a division.

Not
how would that work? uq a vs uq b . that's a bit silly!

Not to mention completely unfair to the other QAFA B sides who will realistically be competing against this years sides, on a lower comp. (premiers in the Ressies and finals in the seniors) Gotta love the aflq make it up on the run policies.

Not

Not to mention completely unfair to the other QAFA B sides who will realistically be competing against this years sides, on a lower comp. (premiers in the Ressies and finals in the seniors) Gotta love the aflq make it up on the run policies.
Hey Major - take a chill pill old boy.
Most of the UQ QAFA A seniors squad from 2014 are playing in our QAFL teams in 2015 - yes they have signed player contracts as required at QAFL level - . Many of our QAFA A ressies team have gone re interstate work opportunities, university exchanges and so on - its a university club so most of the young guys leave when they have finished their study.
It s numbers game. We don't know how many new players we will get till Uni starts in Feb. AFLQ require a commitment for QAFA A NOW - we cant commit because we don't know numbers. Welcome to the world of running a football club with a very transient player base.
At this point we have notified 1 QAFA B team.
BTW time you got over the "lower comp" hangup. I saw most games at QAFA A and QAFA B level last season and the top QAFA B sides would give the top QAFA A sides a serious run.
As for UQ playing QAFA B - give us a break!! Our team last year was full of young guys most of whom had never played a game. It was our 5ths ffs. Hopefully we will have a bit more depth this season coming - surely you guys who played last season and beat us by nearly 200 points each time you played will enjoy playing a more credentialed side where the gap should not be so great.
We cant wait!! Looking forward to be part of a really good comp in 2015.
For the record so what if there was another team!!

Not

Regardless of your opinion on QAFA Seniors compared to QAFA B. One thing for certain is that QAFA Reserves was mst certainly the lowest standard of footy available in 2014. So I don't think too many people will be upset by this. UQ's 3rds should be reasonably competitive in QAFA B Central, so its another good side to assist the healthy competition in that league.

Regardless of your opinion on QAFA Seniors compared to QAFA B. One thing for certain is that QAFA Reserves was mst certainly the lowest standard of footy available in 2014. So I don't think too many people will be upset by this. UQ's 3rds should be reasonably competitive in QAFA B Central, so its another good side to assist the healthy competition in that league.

I would say having watched a few games from both grades, UQ reserves would of played finals easily in QAFA B. If the only side they have below QAFL is a QAFA B side, surely they will be a better side than what their reserves were this year any way. Old Man says that a lot of QAFA A seniors are playing QAFL, well that's a worry for their QAFL side, but surely there will be a fair chunk of senior QAFA A guys who will stuck around for Friday nights? I can see them being a lot younger, fitter and stronger than the majority of QAFA B teams

Their QAFA A guys that are playing QAFL, will no doubt be propping up their previously non competitive reserves outfit. Some associated with UQ might suggest that their QAFA A side from last year would beat their QAFL Ressies, and I would probably agree.

Reserves footy at all levels can be very weak competition, even in the QAFL. Mount Gravatt and UQ all fielded sides in the QAFL Reserves last year that would not have played finals in QFA or possibly in either of the QAFA comps. Sandgate weren't a great deal better. All 3 would have been smashed by the better QFA and QAFA A sides.

UQ playing a 3rds side in QAFA B will be excellent for that competition. They have been regular finalists in QAFA A and should be right there at the pointy end in 2015, which is a great result for the Friday night league. With Woodsmen, Wynnum, Jimboomba, UQ all very strong - then Mayne likely a pretty strong outfit and the mystery Ferny Grove guys - it should be a great league with more competitive football than ever.

Their QAFA A guys that are playing QAFL, will no doubt be propping up their previously non competitive reserves outfit. Some associated with UQ might suggest that their QAFA A side from last year would beat their QAFL Ressies, and I would probably agree.

Reserves footy at all levels can be very weak competition, even in the QAFL. Mount Gravatt and UQ all fielded sides in the QAFL Reserves last year that would not have played finals in QFA or possibly in either of the QAFA comps. Sandgate weren't a great deal better. All 3 would have been smashed by the better QFA and QAFA A sides.

UQ playing a 3rds side in QAFA B will be excellent for that competition. They have been regular finalists in QAFA A and should be right there at the pointy end in 2015, which is a great result for the Friday night league. With Woodsmen, Wynnum, Jimboomba, UQ all very strong - then Mayne likely a pretty strong outfit and the mystery Ferny Grove guys - it should be a great league with more competitive football than ever.

Yeah they are all fair points. It's a shame for the QAFA A to lose UQ, they seemed to really finally start getting things together this year. And I understand that the have lots come and go, but essentially they are saying they will be 50 odd players short from where they were this year. I dont follow QAFA B very closely, I mainly watch redcliffe games these days as I live quite close, but surely they would have enough players to commit to QAFA A and have two teams, and drop away from the QAFA B instead?

Yeah they are all fair points. It's a shame for the QAFA A to lose UQ, they seemed to really finally start getting things together this year. And I understand that the have lots come and go, but essentially they are saying they will be 50 odd players short from where they were this year. I dont follow QAFA B very closely, I mainly watch redcliffe games these days as I live quite close, but surely they would have enough players to commit to QAFA A and have two teams, and drop away from the QAFA B instead?

That's what I hear the UQ players are petitioning the club to do.

That's what I hear the UQ players are petitioning the club to do.

If they have enough, more blokes being able to play would make sense for the good of UQ and footy in general. Some great people involved at uq, I'm sure they will figure out what's best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back