QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Fingers crossed they do field two sides in round 1, but more importantly for the entire season which from all reports could be a struggle for the Buffs.
No body wants to see clubs fold or go by the way side , so I hope the buff keep going but it's hard to imagine them going through another season with out some success so the better option would be to take up the offer and join another club.

Yes the umpiring was horrible but can people expect to much better it's a weekly occurrence.. It had no impact on the scoreboard from what I seen as bad both ways the pirates were just way to strong across the park could be a long yr ahead for the swannies :(
Yeah I agree pirates were too good although swans played ok in patches.

Despite the bagging the buffs have been getting I was really impressed with a large number of their 16-22 year olds who really led the way imo.

I'd they can keep these kids together and add a bit more experience and size next year then success will only be just around the corner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh, thought I would come clean and tidy up a few comments about the Pirates. I am the President of Park Ridge and after seeing recent posts thought it only fair to come clean on my identity as it does seem a few people are hiding behind certain names and throwing a few rocks. Whilst we aren't flush with facilities or club house mate we are trying hard to be involved in a great community competition. We have s strong junior and youth base and now have quality coaching staff along with some cracking recruits who not only can play but are terrific club boys and creating a great culture considering this is only our second season of senior footy. For those who don know we fund raised over $90,000 to pay for our lights and the temporary change rooms as we don't get any assistance from local council and struggle to get funding through normal channels due to being on school grounds. Just wanted to let you know a few facts mate and look forward to sharing a beer next time round.
Well Blocker i was not expecting this i hope you did not take my comment the wrong way? I appreciate your info as I'm sure most people would its great to see a new club setting the bar high with some great names around the club after playing you guys and knowing you had a few outs the pirates are a tough strong side can not wait to play yous again. All the best.

Well Blocker i was not expecting this i hope you did not take my comment the wrong way? I appreciate your info as I'm sure most people would its great to see a new club setting the bar high with some great names around the club after playing you guys and knowing you had a few outs the pirates are a tough strong side can not wait to play yous again. All the best.
All good Josh. The good thing about our club is that all the boys are here for the right reasons. We don't have the facilities to support paying players so they are all here to play footy which may surprise a few people. Hopefully in the next few years we get some decent funding to get new ovals and club house. If you get the culture right, good juniors and right coaching staff the results and success will look after itself. I really want Mighty Pirate and the boys that came from up the road to have a bit of success after being smashed year after year. Good luck for the rest of the year mate and will catch up for a beer next time round at your ground,

Victoria Point had 7 changes from round 1, a few very good players absent this week.
Was that from injury??
Wonder how much quality in ressies....not much by the result...
Interesting to see how a few sides bounce back ...vic point,swans and how bond go on the road..

Anyone head down to see Bond v Vic Point? Any news on good players? Not much known about Bond players..

Anyone head down to see Bond v Vic Point? Any news on good players? Not much known about Bond players..

Bond are a young team in their early 20's and mainly students that are from the southern states. They're fit and have heaps of run

Ive seen Bond play 1 game so far this year and IMO i thought although they were extremely fast and had plenty of run, when the ball was there to be won they didnt want to win it. Seemed to come across as a little bit soft. If they do gey hit though they make sure they bitch to the umpires about it to. Thats just my opinion but i think any team that is prepared to throw their weight around this year will account for Bond comfortably.

Ive seen Bond play 1 game so far this year and IMO i thought although they were extremely fast and had plenty of run, when the ball was there to be won they didnt want to win it. Seemed to come across as a little bit soft. If they do gey hit though they make sure they bitch to the umpires about it to. Thats just my opinion but i think any team that is prepared to throw their weight around this year will account for Bond comfortably.
That seems to be the theme of what people are saying but can't argue with their form. I don't think they've lost yet (incl. pre season cup) and they're winning by pretty big margins!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back