Qatar Bribe the 2022 World Cup Bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said in the other thread anyone with any ounce of decency will boycott this World Cup be it a competitor, sponsor, FIFA member or fan.

Russia isn't far behind really.

Unless many of the FIFA execs at the centre of these bribery allegations are given the flick, the next World Cup bid is going to be an absolute farce. Whether their 'independent' corruption probe finds them guilty or not, the whole world now knows that FIFA are a basket case who are going to award the World Cup to whoever lines the most pockets, not whoever can put together the best and most attractive proposal.

I look forward to the next 10 World Cups being shared by outer Siberia and the Middle East, because no country in their right mind will even bother competing for them under the current rigged circumstances.
As long as we don't submit anymore bids.

Greg Dyke (Chairman of the FA) has just said that England "won't be bidding for another World Cup while the present leadershp is running FIFA". I imagine they won't be the only prominent Football Association to take that stance.
Gonna be a long wait.

Something something something World Cup goes to Russia something something Dark Side.
Congratulations, you figured out the key to good dialogue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The US, England & Germany are pretty pissed with FIFA at the moment. The French aren't because they signed hundreds of billions of euros worth of gas contracts at rates way below market value with Qatar prior to the World Cup vote (which apparently didn't affect Platini's decision to vote for them!!!!!!). Is the US, Germany & England enough to start a revolt against FIFA? Australia & the likes of Japan/South Korea aren't too happy with them either. South Americans love FIFA currently because they benefited most from Qatar paying for infrastructure during the WC bids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back