Unofficial Preview QF Freo v Sydney COLA swans

Remove this Banner Ad

So seriously - how much worse can Sydney be in the wet ??
Is it opinion or reality that their game plan unwinds more in the wet ?
How many wet weather games have they played this year to provide a snapshot of wet weather performance ...
And are we as good in the wet as most here are hoping ?

I dunno - it feels like we're clutching at straws a little with this.
The only thing that stands out for me is their lack of defensive ability on the last line against our rebound. I've seen both buddy and Tippett kill it in the wet before.. Negating the theory that their advantage with talls will be nullified by the conditions ...
Don't think anyone is saying Sydney can't play in the wet, but you would think it would blunt one of their biggest weapons which is their gun tall forwards.

So seriously - how much worse can Sydney be in the wet ??
Is it opinion or reality that their game plan unwinds more in the wet ?
How many wet weather games have they played this year to provide a snapshot of wet weather performance ...
And are we as good in the wet as most here are hoping ?

I dunno - it feels like we're clutching at straws a little with this.
The only thing that stands out for me is their lack of defensive ability on the last line against our rebound. I've seen both buddy and Tippett kill it in the wet before.. Negating the theory that their advantage with talls will be nullified by the conditions ...

Wet conditions definitely makes it way more difficult to clunk marks.And we've probably got three of the best wet weather mids going round.

We are in this game up to our eyeballs now!

We're half way into forty days and forty nights of rain in Sydney and today is no exception. Been showers on and off all morning interspersed with some pretty heavy rain for good measure.

ANZ Stadium is going to be a cow paddock - hopefully it doesn't ruin what is shaping up to be a cracking game, nor result in any injuries.

Good luck - hopefully you can put up a better fight than my inept side did last night.

Pretty darn rainy here at the moment

Yes.... Yes... Bring on the storms.
iu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate. I just assume we are both fans of the same club with diff outlooks. I was there at the ground for the last lost against the Swans and thought they lifted and we dipped. I'm of the position that we are looking solid now but if you don't agree then that's cool :)

For a start we were playing one man less. Anybody who believes Chopper should have been out there is on another planet.

Watching the warm up of a few of our stars saw a big splash of water off the ground and clouds are rolling in again have a good feeling about this match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back