R 18+ classification probably won't go ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempted to move to a country that isn't ruled by people with their heads so far up their own arses they can see daylight at the other end, I just need to find one.

Per capita, video games. Give them the time that xtianity has been around.

Are you gamers such bloodthirsty perverts you can't satisfy your urges in other ways?

Are you gamers such bloodthirsty perverts you can't satisfy your urges in other ways?

Hey Captain Janks

Thanks for stopping in

Thought you should know there is something wrong with your keyboard

The J is where the W should be

Might want to get that looked at

Christianity or Violent Video Games, what's been the cause of more deaths?

Exactly. Religion is the cause of more of the worlds problems then video games will ever be. I'll add that violence was running rife well before video games were around...

Lol. C'mon mate you can't be serious. :eek:

I'm watching Criminal Minds right now and the opening scene (at a reasonably early 9.30pm) had a guy and girl shooting the bloody hell out of everyone in sight in a petrol station (unprovoked mind you) before setting fire to the place while filming it, laughing and speeding away with reckless abandon. Since then the couple have gone on to 2 more places and proceeded to beat and shoot the hell out of anyone in sight. Not to mention the mini-sex scenes every two minutes.

It's rated MA :rolleyes:.

Let me tell you it definitely looks more real then any video game I've ever played and while countless kids under 15 are watching this (make no mistake about it), no one seems to bat an eyelid. Right now the couple are kicking the absolute crap out of some old man on the ground while again laughing, before a crying little girl appears on screen and says "what are you doing to my daddy?". I guess that's okay though because it's not a video game, right? :rolleyes:

Meanwhile war, poverty, disease, famine, rape, crime, discrimination etc are running rampant in the world...."oh but little johnny shouldn't be playing violent video games!!11,". Gamers aren't the sick and perverted ones, the people who waste their time and effort on petty bullshit like this, over the real issues at hand in the world, are the ones who need their heads examined.

The vast majority of people know the difference between reality and fiction and as I said before, if they don't then they probably should be institutionalized or receiving a lot of help and guidance before they even think about violent video games/movies/TV shows.

What a joke, I haven't heard one argument against R18+ that even remotely makes any sense. Whinge for the sake of whinging some people.

Good call

I'll go kill real people now to make up for the fact I can't do it in video games :thumbsu:

Yep, make sure to use the flamethrower and try to get your killstreak up so you can call in the attack chopper......what? You can do that in a video game so you must be able to do it in real life too!:eek::eek:

Next you'll try tell me I can't rip someone in half from the torso down with my bear hands or feeze someone with an ice beam that shoots out of my hands before smashing them into a million pieces with a simple uppercut......I know I can, I did it in Mortal Kombat. :rolleyes:

Good move by the Ballieu government. There's no point for having especially graphic/greusome games allowed and those who think otherwise must just have some sick fantasy they want to play out. Some things are just too perverse and it's no big loss to censor them.
Terribly obvious troll is terribly obvious and also terrible.

What are you doing on the vidja games board if you're so opposed to it?

BTW you do realise that there would be LESS of those sick and perverse games out there available to the under 18 audience with an R18+ rating than there are now?

Anyway, I'll be back later, gonna go to an airport with my LMG followed up by ripping the head off someone for shits and giggles...FUN TIMES AHEAD BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm watching Criminal Minds right now and the opening scene (at a reasonably early 9.30pm) had a guy and girl shooting the bloody hell out of everyone in sight in a petrol station (unprovoked mind you) before setting fire to the place while filming it, laughing and speeding away with reckless abandon. Since then the couple have gone on to 2 more places and proceeded to beat and shoot the hell out of anyone in sight. Not to mention the mini-sex scenes every two minutes.

It's rated MA .
Holy s**t, I gotta watch this show! Satisfying my general urge to kill and be sick and perverse. Cheers bruz.:thumbsu:

Good move by the Ballieu government. There's no point for having especially graphic/greusome games allowed and those who think otherwise must just have some sick fantasy they want to play out. Some things are just too perverse and it's no big loss to censor them.

You do realize that that a R rating won't give any new games come in because 99% get let through as MA? All it does is allow younger people the chance to get games that should be rated R.

Poor poor way to look at this.

My 9yr old step son often plays GTA or watches me play the more adult/gory games and when someone paticulary adult or gruesome happens we generally just laugh at it. He often laughs himself stupid playing GTA.

s**t I was playing Dragon Age Origins and I got my male character to have sex with the other little elf male character, the cut-scene went all out in it's gayness and we just giggled like school girls.

Maybe they should put an R rating on the bible, the amount of s**t in that, kids shouldn't be reading it.

Yea i saw that criminal minds episode too, wtf was with that 9th step crap?

Maybe we should all gather arms and kill the baby boomers and usher in the era of R18+ games.
My 11yr old found my stash of ps2 MA games and proceeded to play them, she doesn't want to go out in the street and kill people by shoving a shard of glass through someones throat or put a plastic bag over someones head and watch them kick and struggle. Mind you I wanted to do that to some people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly cannot wait until Generation-Y is the dominant force in the world.

Say what you want about this generation being "lazy" and what have you, but you can already see how technologically illiterate Baby Boomer's and Gen-X's are. Not to mention how behind most of them are when it comes to advanced knowledge and moving on from old-world stereotypes/outdated education. They are unable to "prevent" history from repeating itself, because they are this history.

Heck, even where I originally hail from (ex-Yugoslavia), Baby Boomers and Gen-X's are keeping my country down, 15+ years after the wars. They will never let go, or change for the better. They will always have their outdated views, while Gen-Y is waiting in line to take over and impose the improved knowledge on the wider community. And this is just one example (a personal one).

The world will be a better place when ALL Baby Boomers and MOST of Gen-X dies out. I honestly cannot wait.

For the superstitious types, one would almost hope 2012 is the start of this. Slate clean, a new beginning.

/rant

I honestly cannot wait until Generation-Y is the dominant force in the world.

Say what you want about this generation being "lazy" and what have you, but you can already see how technologically illiterate Baby Boomer's and Gen-X's are. Not to mention how behind most of them are when it comes to advanced knowledge and moving on from old-world stereotypes/outdated education. They are unable to "prevent" history from repeating itself, because they are this history.

Heck, even where I originally hail from (ex-Yugoslavia), Baby Boomers and Gen-X's are keeping my country down, 15+ years after the wars. They will never let go, or change for the better. They will always have their outdated views, while Gen-Y is waiting in line to take over and impose the improved knowledge on the wider community. And this is just one example (a personal one).

The world will be a better place when ALL Baby Boomers and MOST of Gen-X dies out. I honestly cannot wait.

For the superstitious types, one would almost hope 2012 is the start of this. Slate clean, a new beginning.

/rant

Off the mark with Gen-X mate.. We're the average age of gamers (30). Us Gen-X's grew up on Atari's and Commodore 64's. It's the baby boomers who are holding us back.

Off the mark with Gen-X mate.. We're the average ago of gamers (30). Us Gen-X's grew up on Atari's and Commodore 64's. It's the baby boomers who are holding us back.

I did say "most". I agree that those that are younger, are more technologically literate than those that are older.

Nevertheless, in regards to Gen-X, I was referring more to the outdated views of society (stereotypes, outdated science) and harsh views like race, reasons for war/violence against humanity in the modern world - rather than technology. Of course, my personal background probably causes me to see this more than others.

With that said, I am unbiased, as I'm not a part of Generation-Y. I'm actually a part of the most recent generation, Generation-Z (1991+) - but even I already see the benefits of Gen-Y being the dominant force of the mainstream world as they reach their mid 30's and 40's.

Maybe as you said in Yugoslavia, however most Gen-X's in Australia are technically competent.

In regards to gaming, I would say so. I'm very sure the average age of gaming in Europe is similar to here. (also have to mention that I said ex-Yugoslavia, as it isn't a country any more - just putting that out there so the geographic-literates don't scold me.)

But even today, my English teacher who's 36 (and others a little older and closer to their 40's) are yet to understand technology further than the usual "control panel" and "typing something in word.doc". It's also embarrassing when some of them have a Facebook (facepalm). No one over 30 should have a Facebook.

Other people I know who are 40 and those born closer to the 60's are still using old Nokia's and don't understand the difference between Xbox and Xbox 360 - Internet Explore and Firefox - "Lol"" and "Laughing out loud" - "Broadband" and "Modem" - ect; ect; ect;

Like I said, "most" - because while some early-30 something's are a part of Gen-X, most were born later and stretch to 45 - (for example, my girlfriend's mum, who was born in 1968). Completely technologically-illiterate and so behind.

When Generation-Y reaches these ages, and becomes the dominant force in mainstream society, we will see a more technologically competent and consistent world. Building the foreground for us, Generation-Z (those born from the fall of the Soviet Union and the dawn of the World Wide Web), to excel properly and achieve the best out of society in a naturally technologically-literate world.

In regards to gaming, I would say so. I'm very sure the average age of gaming in Europe is similar to here. (also have to mention that I said ex-Yugoslavia, as it isn't a country any more - just putting that out there so the geographic-literates don't scold me.)

But even today, my English teacher who's 36 (and others a little older and closer to their 40's) are yet to understand technology further than the usual "control panel" and "typing something in word.doc". It's also embarrassing when some of them have a Facebook (facepalm). No one over 30 should have a Facebook.

Like I said, "most" - because while some early-30 something's are a part of Gen-X, most were born later and stretch to 45 - (for example, my girlfriend's mum, who was born in 1968). Completely technologically-illiterate and so behind..

That's just your opinion with no real evidence to back it up. Being in that generation I know plenty the other way. Your English teacher is in the minority IMO. Having worked in IT type jobs for over 10 years, I know hundreds of people who are very technically savvy and plenty are alot older then me.

Dot.Com boom started in the late 90's, the majority of the successfull people are Gen-X's

Other people I know who are 40 and those born closer to the 60's are still using old Nokia's and don't understand the difference between Xbox and Xbox 360 - Internet Explore and Firefox - "Lol"" and "Laughing out loud" - "Broadband" and "Modem" - ect; ect; ect;

You realise "LOL" was first used in 1960?

No one over 30 should have a Facebook.

So explain why I shouldn't have facebook?

So explain why I shouldn't have facebook?

Yeah why is 30 the cut off age? Great way to keep in touch with family and friends no matter your age. If anyone shouldn't have facebook, it's Gen-Z with all the relationship and friendship trouble it causes. All I ever see from my little sister's facebook is;

"**** is in a relationship"

few days later...

"**** is single"

Followed up with some swearing, hateful comments and sooking. Not to mention the 100s of photos they all feel the need to take of themselves, standing at the bathroom mirror or whatever. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back