Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Think this is a special enough of an event to warrant a separate thread outside of the WWE thread. Take this opportunity to celebrate RAW for what it has given in the past, what it will give next Monday, and speculation about the future.

First of all, what was your favorite RAW moment? Covers a fairly lengthy period, but I always liked it when the McMahons were involved, and the Ministry of Darkness angle with the Undertaker, Brother Love, and Stephanie has always been a favorite.

Also loved the Rock Concert- heck, anything with the Rock tends to rate up there, ebcause he was so good with the mic.

If you guys didn't catch on the episode last night, there is YouTube video of the first RAW, which had the Steiner brothers, Shawn Michaels, and Yokozuna, among others- plus some great bits with Bobby Heenan trying to get into the arena. Definitely worth a look.

As for this coming week, they've got it well set up for a three hour show (how they maintain that in future weeks is anybody's guess....). What we know for sure....

DX reunites- mildly interesting....

The Rock returns- clearly the first step in lining up the match for next year's Wrestlemania

Brock Lesnar answers the challenge from Triple H- which will no doubt see them meet at SummerSlam- and should eb entertaining, especially if Paul E is with Brock (and you'd expect him to be).

The wedding of Daniel Bryan and AJ (seems rather rushed- you know there will have to eb a twist of some sort in it...

Cena cashes in Money in the Bank against Punk- I'll make the bet here that cena will be the first to lose as an MITB winner.

Hoping we also get an appearance from JR, Stone Cold and, of course, Vince.....

As for the future? Really no clue....just thought I'd add that for y'all to speculate a bit.

So post your favorite memories and your thoughts of what will happen on the 1000th episode of Monday Night RAW.

Billy and Chuck to gate crash the wedding :p

Favourite RAW moment? Probably the whole section where Vince is trying to find out who the guest referee for the Lashley-Umaga match is. Bischoff come out, Foley blackmails him, the Shane-O-Mac comes out before Austin comes out :D Lets say I jizzed for 3 of the 4 (Don't like Foley, to me he's just a guy who can take a hit, nothing more)

Got too many favorite moments but this is up there as one of my favorites. JR's commentary was gold.

I'm expecting to see Cena win and then the Rock returns to challenge him for his belt or costs him like he did at WM a couple years ago.

Edge and Lita in the bed
Taker beating the crap out of Maven, that was the biggest beatings ever. still like watching that.
The night Vince brought WCW

to many to think off

Edge and Lita in the bed
Taker beating the crap out of Maven, that was the biggest beatings ever. still like watching that.

to many to think off
Wasn't that Smackdown?
Or was that Edge and Vicki :confused:

Another favourite would be the whole episode following the 2001 Survivor Series.
Heyman fired, "Come here you son of a bitch" - JR, Lawler returns
The slow heel turn of Vince throughout the night.
Then Flair returning at the end with the shock on Vince's face :D
Best RAW ever!

Edge and Lita in the bed

to many to think off
Good ol Nipple slip.

Loved taker beating the s**t outa Raven at the RR though. Hilarious.

Got too many favorite moments but this is up there as one of my favorites. JR's commentary was gold.

I'm expecting to see Cena win and then the Rock returns to challenge him for his belt or costs him like he did at WM a couple years ago.

One of the greatest RAW Moments, man I miss Angle. :(

Still remember that Edge and his Hair vs Hair match with Edge chasing him around backstage.

Remember someone being interviewed and Angle runs past he background 5 Seconds later Edge runs past "Get back here you son of a bitch!"

Cena cashes in Money in the Bank against Punk- I'll make the bet here that cena will be the first to lose as an MITB winner.

There is no chance in hell Cena will be the first to fail cashing MITB in. Expect a screwy finish or worse, Cena winning the strap.

Agree with above, Kurt Angle's music was just awesome. Best of all time IMO.

Am I the only person expecting Cena to win by DQ?
Interference from Rock or Show or something?

I just can't see a major title changing on RAW......IC title on the other hand, I expect that to change. WWE need to bring back the unpredictability so a minor title changing would be a good thing. :)

Am I the only person expecting Cena to win by DQ?
Interference from Rock or Show or something?

I just can't see a major title changing on RAW......IC title on the other hand, I expect that to change. WWE need to bring back the unpredictability so a minor title changing would be a good thing. :)

Because it is the 1000th show, they MIGHT do a title change- I like your bit about Cena wins v DQ. Therefore, I suppose the streak continues for MITB winners. Cena just seems the logical one to lose- as was pointed out, his losing would not affect his status with the crowd.

And I had forgotten about angle and Milk-O-Mania. Great bit! Would love to see angle back on monday, but assume that one can't happen with contracts and so forth....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to have someone lose cashing in the briefcase, it may as well be Cena. He's popular enough to the point where the loss wouldn't totally destroy him, like it could for Ziggler.

Yeah I suppose. It would absolutely kill Ziggler's career if he cashed in and didnt win it, but Cena on the the other hand wouldn't be damaged by something like that.

I personally think CM Punk is going heel, but we'll see what happens.

Has anyone seen the ad for the 1000th ep ? ill post it for those who haven't seen it.

Lol at R-Truth.

Okay so confirmed for RAW 1000 for those who don't know:

* CM Punk (c) vs John Cena for the WWE Championship
* Christian defends the Intercontinental Championship
* Mick Foley, Bret Hart returns
* The Rock returns
* Brock Lesnar returns to confront Triple H
* Daniel Bryan/AJ Wedding Ceremony
* The Permanent GM will be announced
* The Undertaker Returns
* DX Reunion (original members not confirmed)

Okay so confirmed for RAW 1000 for those who don't know:

* CM Punk (c) vs John Cena for the WWE Championship
* Christian defends the Intercontinental Championship
* Mick Foley, Bret Hart returns
* The Rock returns
* Brock Lesnar returns to confront Triple H
* Daniel Bryan/AJ Wedding Ceremony
* The Permanent GM will be announced
* The Undertaker Returns
* DX Reunion (original members not confirmed)

OK, let's break this down...

Foley, Taker, Hart, and DX returns are simply there for the pop from the fans- only exception might be if they decide to involve Lesnar with DX coming out- then you might see DX in Trips' corner for the match at summerSlam.

Lesnar- whatever way it comes out, you know he will be taking on Trips at SS.

Permanent GM- don't really care that much. Don't want Teddy, don't want Vicky. Maybe we'll get a faction forming over this....

Rock returns- setting up the match next year at WM. Might be involved inm the Cena v Punk match....

Bryan/AJ wedding- you know there will be a twist in the tail here- Kane perhaps? Doubt it will be Punk.

Christian defends IC- probably the best chance for a belt change. I think they will do one on the show- this seems the most likely.

Punk v Cena- The wrap for the show- MITB cash in- I don't think Cena wins it- or if he does, it is via DQ, so he doesn't get the belt. Could have Rock interfere, setting up the WM match. Punk to retain, either through a straight win or a DQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back