52 Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
50 Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)
43 Travis Boak (Port Adelaide)
38 Nathan Jones (Melbourne
38 Joel Selwood (Geelong)
37 Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
37 Bryce Gibbs (Carlton)
37 Matthew Priddis (West Coast)

So Gibbsy is equal with Fyfe, 1 behind Selwood & Jones. Pretty good season he is putting together. If Fyfe is demanding 800k, getting Gibbs for 500-600 is pretty good.

Looks like he is ahead of Danger, Beams, Swan, Mundy etc.

Reckon Gibbs should be at least in the 40 man AA squad atm.
Makes you wonder if KPP's have any value at all...

Lappin fined for shepherding Mitchy Robbo - but no free kick. :mad:

We was robbed, I tells ya.
I posted earlier in the week that Lappin would cop a fine.

Campbell knows it should have been a free kick, but after conceding the Menzel one, he was never going to drop the umpire in it for this non-decision as well.

Crackdown on runners
The following conditions will now apply:

- When the football is bounced to start a quarter or recommence play after a goal, runners must either be off the playing arena, or in the process of exiting the playing arena.

- If a runner is on-field when a stoppage occurs, they must not position themselves within 25m of the stoppage.

- Runners must not position themselves inside the 50m arc for any inside 50m stoppage (runners must vacate the 50m arc, or clearly be in the process of vacating the area, prior to the ball up or boundary throw in).

- A runner is permitted to deliver messages from the coach, but is not permitted to instruct, direct or coach players on "in-play" situations.

- A runner must leave the ground immediately when directed to do so by an umpire.
Crackdown on runners

An obvious call and decision that should have been made after the Hawks runner was involved in an incident last year.

But didn't Wayne Campbell say the day after the game that Lappin wasn't in the wrong & the umpire didn't need to pay a free?

So does that mean as soon as the umpire blows their whistle they're not allowed to be within 25m of the stoppage because if it isn't theres still the potential for the runners to be in the way

But didn't Wayne Campbell say the day after the game that Lappin wasn't in the wrong & the umpire didn't need to pay a free?

Yes he did but Wayne doesn't even know the rules! :rolleyes:

The Laws of Australian Football state:

15.10.1 A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player or a Team where the field Umpire is of the opinion that:

(b) an Official of the Team or such other person of the Team who may from time to time be permitted onto the Playing Surface, intentionally, recklessly or negligently interferes with the football, a Player of the opposition Team, an Umpire or general play;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for me the menz one is worse cause it's a certain goal after the siren..

I thought the bounce that wasn't recalled was the worse one out of all of them
Even now I reckon the Menzel one was 50/50 at best even though Wayne Campbell came out and said it was a free

He will get a nomination when he does a bit more than just flash into the game. He needs a good solid 4 quarter game and I am banking on him doing it this week against GWS.
Excellent post HJ and accurate assessment of Menzel at the moment.

We are all hoping he can improve his output over a longer period and he will take the league by storm when he can consistently do this.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back