Autopsy Rd 13 Carlton v Gold Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to say I don't think the rebuild will be as bad as what it may have appeared just a few weeks ago. We actually have some decent young talent coming through already, more than what has been acknowledged or that I even realised.

Our team is looking pretty young at the moment, and we haven't seen much of Jaksch, Sheehan, Bryne, Boekhurst and others for instance that could really be best 22 and contributing within 2 years. Most of our young guys look to have bonded well and have already played with each other for a couple of years. The best part is their attutude and competitiveness, worlds apart from who we've generally drafted over the past 10+ years.

A couple of good off seasons and I think we could be pretty competitive within a few years before the likes of Murph and Gibbs retire.

Also, In the 1st qtr, did anyone else see the little fraka between cripps and rains while they were coming off... I was lucky to have it right in front of me...

Rains went it for the big bump, Cripps sold some candy and let him go through almost end up on his ass... Then he went back for seconds which cripps obliged and sent him staggering like a drunk at 4am...

Got a massive ovation... :)
Thanks - commentators alluded to it but didn't explain what happened or show it. Cripps is really helping to move on from the loss of Judd.

Is it embarrassing for me to say I had to google 'WD" to find out what it means (....it's 'Well Done' isn't it ?)
Same. Tried Wing Defense but was still confused.

LOL anyone seen the Armfield post-match interview?

At 1.42 Tuohy makes an appearance.

Zhthte.gif

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2015-06-28/postmatch-dennis-armfield

I know Zac is walking around and around the camera man but how does that guy in the background keep coming out from behind the pillar?

We're playing a pretty good brand of football under Barker.
See what a coaching change can do! Less rah-rah army rules and more fun playing football.
More structure too.
Also, as I predicted when Barker was announced HC.....we'd immediately start being truly competitive and give it a few weeks, and we'll start a winning streak.

;)

Interesting to see what happens when we play a half decent side with structure and full press team rules...

I think you'll find the 'free running, life is wonderful' style of play will cost us a belting!!

Interesting to see what happens when we play a half decent side with structure and full press team rules...

I think you'll find the 'free running, life is wonderful' style of play will cost us a belting!!
At least it's a great spectacle, good to support a team playing the way we do. Was always watching our games anyway in the malthouse era but it required heavy medication to endure thru it.

I see the same thing. It's good while it lasts but Barkers honeymoon may be tested soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran 25 Disposals and a goal with DE at 88%.

Underrated game imo. Industrious without his usual dashing runs through the corridor.

JUst want to see him take a few more risks with his disposal. He's such a great kick but seems to choose the easy target at times.

Good to see Dennis getting some kudos. Puts in maximum effort and consistent gut running to make position week in and week out, plus a reliable '2 goals a game' forward when we're hot.

I thought Armfield was "gone" earlier in the year under Malthouse, but under Barker, he's got a new lease of life. One of his best games for a while.

Quick ball movement troubles all teams though. Port Adelaide were thrashing teams until their best running players were injured.

Personally I think a club like Hawthorn would trouble us most since they can hit targets better and run harder than we do.

It's the slow, life is horrible style that gets you belted.

Quick ball movement troubles all teams though. Port Adelaide were thrashing teams until their best running players were injured.
Personally I think a club like Hawthorn would trouble us most since they can hit targets better and run harder than we do.
It's the slow, life is horrible style that gets you belted.

We're not a very good quick movement team though.
We'll get lucky through sheer will at times but that won't stick against better sides.........and when it really counts.

No better way to gauge that than through highlights of yesterdays game.......too much luck and not enough planning.

Stoked to hear we have bagged two in a row! Haven't been able to get to the forums due to gallavanting around the UK :p but trying to find some time to watch the replays! Hope everyone is soaking up the victories and enjoying themselves :D Go Blues!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back