Preview Rd 15 Carlton vs Richmond Friday 10th July 7.50pm @ MCG - Team post #416

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Confident about this game as its usually the type of game Richmond tends to drop

Maric & Cotchin reported and with the way things have gone so far this year could get 3 or 0 - who knows

Just on the kids for carlton , I was at the game last night and sure some of the kids like Boek & Whiley have great games but isnt this time of the year with carlton at the bottom end of ladder should be getting games into these biys rather than going with the 'known' players and trying to get some cheap wins late in the season ?

I think you guys should really give Watson a 4-5 game run and see if he actually has anything to offer otherwise delist

Not Confident about this game as its usually the type of game Richmond tends to drop

Maric & Cotchin reported and with the way things have gone so far this year could get 3 or 0 - who knows

Just on the kids for carlton , I was at the game last night and sure some of the kids like Boek & Whiley have great games but isnt this time of the year with carlton at the bottom end of ladder should be getting games into these biys rather than going with the 'known' players and trying to get some cheap wins late in the season ?

I think you guys should really give Watson a 4-5 game run and see if he actually has anything to offer otherwise delist

Id say they would be giving games to carazzo and Walker as it is probably their last season, (however carrots is playing well) just too see them off.

You must really want this win! lol

You must really want this win! lol
Always want the win, But dont think it will really make much difference in the end with Kangaroo's and Cats falling by the wayside and Crows perhaps

Richmond looked to be assured finals at this point and highly doubt any chance at top 4 unless we win the games against Collingwood,fremantle & Hawthorn

Likely ladder position will be 5-8 but looking for form more than anything

OUT - Andrejs Everitt (Injured), Patrick Cripps (Injured), Jason Tutt (Omitted), Blaine Boekhorst (Omitted), Blaine Johnson (Omitted), Mark Whiley (Omitted)

IN - Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo, Sam Docherty, Troy Menzel, Sam Rowe, Andrew Walker/Matthew Dick (Not all are expected to return)

FB - Simon White, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
HB - Michael Jamison, Dylan Buckley, Zach Tuohy
C - Nick Graham, Marc Murphy, Nick Holman
HF - Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer
FF - Dennis Armfield, Levi Casboult, Troy Menzel
R - Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo
I - Ed Curnow, Sam Docherty, Chirs Yarran
S - Andrew Walker/Matthew Dick

It is just simply not going to work against Richmond. Need to drop some kids if we are going to win. Some just look like they are not up to it.
Need some more experience in the side.
If Menzel is fit enough to play, he is a straight swap for Johnson. Can't have them playing in the same team. It's not going to work out.
Whiley was never meant to come in, so it looks like he might be out. Let Carrazzo make the most of the time that remains for him, that is if he gets through this week's training sessions.
Gibbs is certain to return. No use in risking our best player Cripps if he is having trouble.
Rowe might not be great most of the time but his presence is felt. Need him in the backline whenever he is fit and okay.
Tutt needs to be dropped. Needs to do more than kick a goal to earn my respect in terms of being in the side. He lacks composure.
Docherty should be okay. If he isn't, then he stays out. Boekhorst either has one more chance or goes back to the seconds. That was a woeful performance from him.
I assume Everitt will be out for a few weeks. So we need to find a replacement.
Walker be made the sub or push him up forward where he will be more effective. We have another running players off half-back and he doesn't do well in that position. I encourage that he chooses to get that knee operated on. If so, bring in Dick and give him another go.
OUT - Andrejs Everitt (Injured), Patrick Cripps (Injured), Jason Tutt (Omitted), Blaine Boekhorst (Omitted), Blaine Johnson (Omitted), Mark Whiley (Omitted)

IN - Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo, Sam Docherty, Troy Menzel, Sam Rowe, Andrew Walker/Matthew Dick (Not all are expected to return)

FB - Simon White, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
HB - Michael Jamison, Dylan Buckley, Zach Tuohy
C - Nick Graham, Marc Murphy, Nick Holman
HF - Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer
FF - Dennis Armfield, Levi Casboult, Troy Menzel
R - Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo
I - Ed Curnow, Sam Docherty, Chirs Yarran
S - Andrew Walker/Matthew Dick

It is just simply not going to work against Richmond. Need to drop some kids if we are going to win. Some just look like they are not up to it.
Need some more experience in the side.
If Menzel is fit enough to play, he is a straight swap for Johnson. Can't have them playing in the same team. It's not going to work out.
Whiley was never meant to come in, so it looks like he might be out. Let Carrazzo make the most of the time that remains for him, that is if he gets through this week's training sessions.
Gibbs is certain to return. No use in risking our best player Cripps if he is having trouble.
Rowe might not be great most of the time but his presence is felt. Need him in the backline whenever he is fit and okay.
Tutt needs to be dropped. Needs to do more than kick a goal to earn my respect in terms of being in the side. He lacks composure.
Docherty should be okay. If he isn't, then he stays out. Boekhorst either has one more chance or goes back to the seconds. That was a woeful performance from him.
I assume Everitt will be out for a few weeks. So we need to find a replacement.
Walker be made the sub or push him up forward where he will be more effective. We have another running players off half-back and he doesn't do well in that position. I encourage that he chooses to get that knee operated on. If so, bring in Dick and give him another go.
Bit Harsh on Tutt 18 possessions at 82% 5 tackles and a goal. Not to bad in a scrappy game. There won't be that many changes I'd say about 3.

Bit Harsh on Tutt 18 possessions at 82% 5 tackles and a goal. Not to bad in a scrappy game. There won't be that many changes I'd say about 3.

He was did some good things last night, however he made some crucial errors particularly in the third where he miss kicked the ball in the backline resulting in it going to a doggies player, ending in a sure goal.
Tough and servicable player, however wouldnt want the ball in his hands if the game was on the edge.

True. But Tutt was never meant to play. And many are still ahead of him. Some of the kids had to play because of the injuries, so it looks like they might not keep their spot, and rightfully so. Whiley, Boekhorst and Johnson are still not up to it, unlike Graham, Buckley and Holman.

With Gibbs, Carrazzo, Menzel, Docherty and Rowe looking to return, there could be more than 3 changes.

Curnow's skills aren't good enough for his current role.

Carazzo and Gibbs inside and Murphy outside.

Better setup. No point playing favourites with a rebuilding side.

Definitely not playing favourites here. I can agree, some of his skills errors were shocking. But to have Boekhorst and Johnson over him and Holman is ridiculous. What they dished up is not deserving of another full game.
Can't go lightly on them just because they're are young. Boekhorst had to do more. Not only did he not get enough of the ball, he used it terribly.

I can handle a few mistakes but not a player performing like we are one man down.

First comes effort and contribution, then comes skill. Plus, I would play more experience against the tigers, despite where the team sits.
Some of the kids are not up to it at the moment (Boekhorst, Whiley, Johnson), so there is no use with persisting with them until they get another preseason under their belt. Those ins had killed us, but we had no choice.

Last edited:
If the Tiges lose Cotchin, i give us a massive chance of an upset. I would bring back all the senior players that are fit and return the kids to the VFL to develop some more.

Definitely not playing favourites here. I can agree, some of his skills errors were shocking. But to have Boekhorst and Johnson over him and Holman is ridiculous. What they dished up is not deserving of another full game.
Can't go lightly on them just because they're are young. Boekhorst had to do more. Not only did he not get enough of the ball, he used it terribly.

I can handle a few mistakes but not a player performing like we are one man down.

First come effort and contribution, then comes skill. Plus, I would play more experience against the tigers, despite where the team sits.
Some of the kids are not up to it at the moment (Boekhorst, Whiley, Johnson), so there is no use with persisting with them until they get another preseason under their belt. Those ins had killed us, but we had no choice.
What killed us was the failure to capitalise on our opportunities. Levi's miss from an angle when he managed to totally open up the goals, but still managed to hit the post, caused an 11 point turn around, as did his comedy routine with Wood. Army twice soccering the ball off the ground instead of taking possession cost us 2 goals. Yarran choosing to dish off instead of taking a shot on goal was costly.

These above incidents were significant contributors to the result (along with injuries to Everitt & Cripps), not 3 inexperienced players failing to have dominant games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What killed us was the failure to capitalise on our opportunities. Levi's miss from an angle when he managed to totally open up the goals, but still managed to hit the post, caused an 11 point turn around, as did his comedy routine with Wood. Army twice soccering the ball off the ground instead of taking possession cost us 2 goals. Yarran choosing to dish off instead of taking a shot on goal was costly.

These above incidents were significant contributors to the result (along with injuries to Everitt & Cripps), not 3 inexperienced players failing to have dominant games.
It's much easier to blame the inexperienced guys, who funnily enough make errors because they're learning, than to look to our seniors who are not capitalising when they have the chance.

Those too. I was frustrated with Casboult and Wood for the particular play. Yarran was far from his best last night.

But think about it. Carrazzo, Docherty, Menzel, Rowe, Ellard out for Jamison, Boekhorst, Johnson, Tutt, Whiley.

If none of the outs were injured and you had to choose one of the two groups to rely on to get us over the line, which would you pick?

The fact is it didn't happen and they were injured. But that is a significant amount of experience and skill to replace. It was great for the kids to get games, but they have to perform, and some of them didn't. Johnson was alright, but BB and Whiley were disappointing for the time they were on.

Yes, and that doesn't include the deft butchering we displayed going into the forward line.

Wish Johnson had taken a shot from 50m when he had the chance .
I was quite happy with the effort though.

He was did some good things last night, however he made some crucial errors particularly in the third where he miss kicked the ball in the backline resulting in it going to a doggies player, ending in a sure goal.
Tough and servicable player, however wouldnt want the ball in his hands if the game was on the edge.
Could name a few players that happened too!

True. But Tutt was never meant to play. And many are still ahead of him. Some of the kids had to play because of the injuries, so it looks like they might not keep their spot, and rightfully so. Whiley, Boekhorst and Johnson are still not up to it, unlike Graham, Buckley and Holman.

With Gibbs, Carrazzo, Menzel, Docherty and Rowe looking to return, there could be more than 3 changes.
Gibbs for BB Menzel for BJ Doc for whiley and Rowe for white so prob more then 3. If Carrazzo ok then Tutt will go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back