Autopsy Rd 16: GC Suns v GWS Giants Sat 18th July 2:10pm MS

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy with the effort of 95% of the team today.

A few passengers that didn't lift when needed in the last qtr but with the addition of Prestia, O'Meara & Swallow through the midfield & Bennell, Martin & Dixon up forward, we would run away with the win.

Lots of positives.

GWS are good at winning contested football
They also move the ball well
But apart from that they didn't impress me
Put Jaeger, Dion, Swallow, Bennell, Dixon, Martin, Saad & Goldstien in the team
GWS would of been smashed.

GWS are good at winning contested football
They also move the ball well
But apart from that they didn't impress me
Put Jaeger, Dion, Swallow, Bennell, Dixon, Martin, Saad & Goldstien in the team
GWS would of been smashed.
We were also missing shiel mummy patton patfull Davis etc

Good game guys. It almost worked.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Goldstein?
You know something we don't?o_O
Need to acknowledge the best small from our NEAFL team Josh Glenn did nothing from quarter time, so we can't criticize the selectors for going tall
Peter Wright is a work in progress too

Apart from Gazza and Rischitelli it concerns me that
Touk Miller and Adam Saad have been the Suns best this year.
Touk was superb today.
He's got better since Gazza's come back.

Goldstein?
You know something we don't?o_O
Need to acknowledge the best small from our NEAFL team Josh Glenn did nothing from quarter time, so we can't criticize the selectors for going tall
Peter Wright is a work in progress too
haha just being cheeky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the idea of being happy with a loss. GWS aren't exactly Hawthorn..

The sad GWS campaigner trying to wing Gaz's shoulder
Pathetic
I'd love to see the MRP cite some of these second raters for unduly rough play
There's not much doubt about what the bastard was trying to do, and they seem to put a lot of store by medical reports

Last edited:
9589 my arse. Didn't think there was much more than 5000 there today. Smallest crowd I've ever seen there.
2pm Saturday games suck, especially when you are looking right into the sun and the game is played in the opposite pocket at the other end of the ground in the shade for most of the match. Found it really hard to see what was happening a lot of the time.
Touk was great today. Thought Mal played his best game for us. Harbs poor, fumbled at crucial times.
Tommy Nicholls injured himself just in front us. Looked like a groin the way he was moving. I just don't understand how a professional sportsman can injure themselves so innocuously just after warming up for the previous 10 minutes. Boys had a go but we're clearly undermanned.
Otherwise a disappointing effort to get so close and not beat them at home but not unsurprising given the respective midfields. Very impressed with GWS ball movement in traffic and especially by foot. Their footskills are currently superior to ours and they are fitter with much more run and spread. Still think with our best side in we have them covered. Hopefully next year.

Yeah I thought about 5000 to, can't make any money with a crowd like that
Did you notice that not only were a lot of the food and drink outlets closed (understandably), but they also closed a few toilet blocks. Had to walk about a third of the way around the ground to take a piss. Poor effort from management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back