Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton v GWS Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

75 inside 50's against - not sure it matters.

So many repeat entries from shanked kicking coming out of defense though.

Our lack of clean ball users down back is worrisome.

Dick, Jamison, Rowe, Simpson are terrible at hitting targets.

Tuohy's and Docherty seem to burn it far too often as well.

Missed the game. Where was Bolton sitting for the game?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I found a picture of what Boekhorst will be working on over summer.

images

Backline was fine till the mids got smashed.

No backline can hold up when the ball comes in like that.

And mids held up pretty well overall considering that in the second half GWS were allowed to finally start using our forward 50 as their spring board to sling shot the ball from one end to the other.

In modern footy forward pressure is just as important as midfield pressure, and we don't have a speck of forward pressure these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh 9 disposals and a goal as the sub. I like him.

Add him to the list of good young players coming through; Cripps, Graham, Holeman, Buckley, Docherty, Boekhurst, Whiley, and now Walsh. Hopefully, next year Byrne and Sheehan can add their names to that list.

That list is definitely missing some Kpp's though. Fingers crossed that Jaksch, Weitering, and SOSOS can put on some body strength and make an impact in a couple of years time!

Far too many skill errors for us to brush it off as the midfields fault.

Every game we get smashed it involves our back line been unable to hit a target coming out of defense.
Not brushing anything off.

Just pointing out that the backline performed well enough when when the mids we're going ok. Backline pay the price for poor work down field.

Only in that it could explain his body language on the bench (otherwise it makes him look less valuable as a trade - unless a deal is already done)
This is true... he hardly seemed to get out of second gear all day... even that 3-4 bounce run down the outside wing, he hardly seemed to accelerate away like we know he can. It's like he has already mentally left the club.

However, I hate to think that some of our more valued players, guys loved by the fans, are the first to bail on the club (either mentally or physically) when the club has some trying times. If he does end up at Adelaide with Eddie, then I would be asking some serious questions about whether Eddie, on behalf of Adelaide, tapped him up during the season.

Not brushing anything off.

Just pointing out that the backline performed well enough when when the mids we're going ok. Backline pay the price for poor work down field.
No use hitting a target in our midfield when they will turn it over and it will fly twice as fast over your head to your opponent.

This is true... he hardly seemed to get out of second gear all day... even that 3-4 bounce run down the outside wing, he hardly seemed to accelerate away like we know he can. It's like he has already mentally left the club.

However, I hate to think that some of our more valued players, guys loved by the fans, are the first to bail on the club (either mentally or physically) when the club has some trying times. If he does end up at Adelaide with Eddie, then I would be asking some serious questions about whether Eddie, on behalf of Adelaide, tapped him up during the season.
Hamstring twinge, calf soreness are Yarrans main excuses when he's had enough.

So many repeat entries from shanked kicking coming out of defense though.

Our lack of clean ball users down back is worrisome.

Dick, Jamison, Rowe, Simpson are terrible at hitting targets.

Tuohy's and Docherty seem to burn it far too often as well.
Yeah fair call - we burned it a lot coming out of 50. I've been complaining about it from about round 1 this year. It's picked up at times, but never for a full game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back