Preview Rd 22: Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reserves just made a massive comeback, kept the other team scoreless in the last quarter, and they kicked 7 unanswered goals...

That sounds almost certainly that Southport went the tank to avoid the trip to Alice Springs next week. A few predicted that might happen.

I'm not going to lie - I found that quarter a little bit frustrating.

Really need to up the intensity to swing this our way. If we can get ahead of Port hopefully their efforts in the third have worn them out a bit.

I'd have to honestly say this is the worst game of the year in terms of number of players that haven't given enough.

I'd give a tick to Zorko, Green and Black.

Still in it. Like I said, port had one last push.

And they didn't finish that quarter all that well.

Stopped watching 10 minutes ago. For the first time this season I've been so disgusted by our effort that I had to stop watching.

Dropped the work rate, and fallen back to long horrible kicking habits. Vicious cycle, players don't run because we kick long to the boundary, and we kick long to the boundary because no one runs. Get caught flat footed having to play too defensively. Gotta get that spark and work rate back, run and support each other, hit a few shorter targets and break open the defense a bit. Need to go harder at the ball all over the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a chance. I'm still in the US. Can't get the audio going. What the heck happened that qtr ? Did we become complacent or just didn't work hard enough ?

Hopefully Port had a 6 goal wind.
Didn't work at all, No run and they all look disinterested and wanted to go home.

I'm afraid Lilse's been a bit soft today too.
Shirked a few and not gone when he should have.
Down on confidence perhaps?

I don't think he has shirked them, just hasn't hit contests hard enough, or back backed hard enough when caught out of position. Needs to learn how to throw his weight around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back