Preview Rd 6: Richmond v Hawthorn, @MCG, 3:20 PM - Sunday 27 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger game for the Hawks. They are coming off a tough game and a short break. If they are not switched on and they think they just need to turn up get ready for another upset.

Exactly. I don't feel as though I would be coming in as particularly antagonising if I said that on form Hawthorn would wreck you by 6+ goals on form (and if it's worth anything, the betting line agrees at 32.5). Not too mention you have Deledio, Rance & Maric out, no doubt 3 of your most valuable players.

But Hawthorn need to be wary. It's clear that the Tigers under Hardwick know how to beat Hawthorn (yes it's 2-2 but 2010 it was a one kick game, 2011 it was the expected result for a 3rd v 12th game and now it's 2/2 for the Tigers). They've done it before. It's a cop-out for some to argue the Tigers have got lucky each time, they've clearly beaten Hawthorn in all standards and in all areas the last few times.

They are going in after a game that they get themselves up for, with 3 days less break. They had just about their most important player, Roughead, on and off the ground with niggles and clearly sore. Hodge was well done. Rioli was more than beaten. Lake will be playing his 1st game for the year, and we all know how his switch works...it doesn't work in any predictable way.

I think that the Hawks need to be careful because you guys will be a very dangerous team, especially if Lloyd/Gordon/Edwards/Arnot get some chances at ground level/apply forward pressure on Burgoyne, Hodge, Mitchell, Suckling, Birchall et al, and if JR gets on the end of a few.

A spanking is coming our way. All we can do is mitigate the damage.

I think Hawthorn are under more pressure in this game because they are expected to give us a flogging. While it may well happen, no one at Richmond is going to be shocked and say it was unexpected. On the other hand if Hawthorn don't give us a flogging and somehow lose there will not only be a second club recognised as having the wood over them but they will be back in the 4-2 pack with plenty of other teams chasing at their heels. The Hawks did a number on Fremantle (undermanned) and knocked off Essendon unconvincingly (who have since proven they are middle range at best) along with Brisbane and Gold Coast. It's hardly flattering to the 2013 premiers and as a result I think the pressure on the Hawks to win this game is by far greater.

Consequently I will not be buying into the foregone conclusion for this game and suspect if we actually show up in this game the Hawks could be in for a serious contest. Deledio, Rance and Maric are not as significant as being made out. Defence is still solid, Midfield is a little slower but Deledio would probably get tagged to 20 anyways, and Hampson and Griffiths provide enough. McEvoy and Hale will struggle in the ruck against Hampson and we'll probably get 2/3s the hitouts if we can use them to our advantage and move the ball fast to Riewoldt this game will be very interesting.

Also the Sex Monster has been waiting for his opportunity to explode onto the scene, this would be the ideal time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this will be the first game of the season I will be able to go and see live!! Woooo YELLOW & BLACK!!! Hopefully be there to see a good fight and watch our boys bring the danger and take the win.

Last edited:
You can now get $31 for Tigers by 40+, on Luxbet. Don't say I didn't tell you.

That in combination with an Essendon Pies draw is paying $1426. Get on! I did. To the tune of $2.

Safer bet is still probably Hawks by 40+

I think Hawthorn are under more pressure in this game because they are expected to give us a flogging. While it may well happen, no one at Richmond is going to be shocked and say it was unexpected. On the other hand if Hawthorn don't give us a flogging and somehow lose there will not only be a second club recognised as having the wood over them but they will be back in the 4-2 pack with plenty of other teams chasing at their heels.

Do you think the media care about the rational public's expectations when it comes to the result of this game?!

When (or if, if you are an eternal optimist) we get flogged by the hawks we will cop an absolute pounding from the media. We're looking at 2-4 going into a big game against Geelong. 2-5. Publicised pre-season hopes of top 4. Recycled players clogging the list. Is Hardwick the right man for the job? Copious references to jungle drums beating… It's going to be brutal!

Too much negativity on this board.
Far too much.

Vickery isn't playing so we have a good chance of winning.

Have faith.

I hope whoever replaces vickery keeps his place so the lazy HF has to earn it back. Vickery should be playing given he is fit. Particularly against a team like hawthorn. That's what he is paid to do not show a ' I don't give a toss' attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back