RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadford call themselves contenders, I say they're pretenders after the game today. Very lucky to come away with a win against Lancefield.

Ash manning spoke extremely well today and looks to be a very good coach. More worried bout the process and big picture than the result.

Broadford would be happy with the win, they no they have to get better as they didn't really play great football today, were outscored in shots at goal but won the game which mattered.

Had a look at all grounds in the league. Most look in very good condition but riddell's ground after redevelopment looks picturesque and is in the best condition. Very lucky to have a surface like that in the league, macedon is also looking a treat but not as good as riddell, hope it stays in good nick and finals should be heading there way this year. Gives woodend great hope after there redevelopment done this year which looks to be heading the right way.

Great to be at Lancefield yesterday both sides have improved and will improve during the year and it looks as though the competition will be more even this year already which is great for the RDFL . These 2 sides with natural improvement definitely have a chance at 5th or 6th spot injuries attitude and luck will play a big part of their season. The highlight of the day for me were the meat pies at the canteen . Beauuuuutiful I don't know if they taste better because footy,s back.

Great to be at Lancefield yesterday both sides have improved and will improve during the year and it looks as though the competition will be more even this year already which is great for the RDFL . These 2 sides with natural improvement definitely have a chance at 5th or 6th spot injuries attitude and luck will play a big part of their season. The highlight of the day for me were the meat pies at the canteen . Beauuuuutiful I don't know if they taste better because footy,s back.

Hey Melton man,
Can I ask a seroius question as not involved in any Melton clubs but I keep an eye on all of them. Do all 3 clubs have juniors in all grades? I know Melton is a large area but looking ahead is 3 clubs sustainable. Is there enough "football" kids and club volunteers to have 3 sides be successful, as looking from the outside it appears all 3 are struggling on field. What I mean by struggling is they are not really challenging for top 3 in either comp.

Also are Melton & Melton Centrals grounds next to one another on Macpherson Park??

Cheers

Hey Melton man,
Can I ask a seroius question as not involved in any Melton clubs but I keep an eye on all of them. Do all 3 clubs have juniors in all grades? I know Melton is a large area but looking ahead is 3 clubs sustainable. Is there enough "football" kids and club volunteers to have 3 sides be successful, as looking from the outside it appears all 3 are struggling on field. What I mean by struggling is they are not really challenging for top 3 in either comp.

Also are Melton & Melton Centrals grounds next to one another on Macpherson Park??

Cheers
I think only I junior side plays at Macpherson Park that is Centrals as do their Seniors and Bloods Seniors .The other junior grounds are at Melton Rec and Blackwood Drive . Im not involved in the junior ranks as I don't have any kids of my own .

Hey Melton man,

Cheers

Aint Melton Centrals relocating to the area where AFL Goldfields are establishing offices to administer the RDFL? Could save on a few costs if they don't have to put stamps on the Centrals' invoices :D

Aint Melton Centrals relocating to the area where AFL Goldfields are establishing offices to administer the RDFL? Could save on a few costs if they don't have to put stamps on the Centrals' invoices :D
This is correct, Centrals will be moving to a brand new facility in 2016!

Congratulations to both sides yesterday.. for a round one game in warm conditions, the teams really played some brilliant top class football.. the first half was as good as you would see from any two teams at this time of year ... free flowing with great goals.. the third term had the scoring dry up and the tackling and intensity lift.. it really was an outstanding game and a great way to start the year.. both teams, at full strength, are more than capable of playing finals.. congratulations to both teams..

Got to say I'm a little disappointed with the fixturing by AFL Goldfields to start the year, over the last couple of years Centrals have always enjoyed a great start to the year vs Rockbank in what we consider to be our local derby! As far as crowds go I think it is a major oversight to play Melton v Melton Sth on the same day, add to this the announcement of Chris Tarrant playing for South and I think our crowd could be significantly down on previous years!!!

Got to say I'm a little disappointed with the fixturing by AFL Goldfields to start the year, over the last couple of years Centrals have always enjoyed a great start to the year vs Rockbank in what we consider to be our local derby! As far as crowds go I think it is a major oversight to play Melton v Melton Sth on the same day, add to this the announcement of Chris Tarrant playing for South and I think our crowd could be significantly down on previous years!!!

As tough as it seems, I think cross-fixturing across adjoining leagues is something that can't be managed or influenced.

Same could be said about Broadford v Romsey in a few weeks. Brodie Holland and Russell Robertson playing for the home side on a day when Richmond and Geelong play at the MCG, could cost the Roos a few thru the gate :D

Yes very understandable the frustration at Centrals with the fixture. Knowing the football dynamics in the town it would be fair to say having Tarrant playing for Melton South against Melton Bloods at the same time Centrals play The Rams will cost Centrals 200-300 people through the gate, possibly more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes very understandable the frustration at Centrals with the fixture. Knowing the football dynamics in the town it would be fair to say having Tarrant playing for Melton South against Melton Bloods at the same time Centrals play The Rams will cost Centrals 200-300 people through the gate, possibly more.

Im not trying to be negative here, but i honestly dont think tarrant playing at sth round 1 will cost centrals 300 people not turning up. Lets face it the centrals followers will all be there supporting centrals and Id suggest the people that go to watch tarrant will be sth supporters and people with no affiliation with centrals. I for one would like to be there watching centrals first game under one of the comps best coaches. Also
the retired afl player playing one off games has been done to death and realistically, i dont see the point in doing it other than a cash grab or to pinch a game. I have no problem with clubs doing it, its only my take on it. Take broadford for example bringing in russell robertson, barry hall, brodie holland, dennis bicer etc for their round 3 clash with romsey. Great initiative to pull it off and a great opportunity to raise some cash but it still doesnt guarantee the victory in which broadford assume they are getting. Great to have footy back!!!!!

Last edited:

Doona I was under the impression that Rockbank were calling the new afl goldfields establishment home? Does that mean both clubs will play there??

Im not trying to be negative here, but i honestly dont think tarrant playing at sth round 1 will cost centrals 300 people not turning up. Lets face it the centrals followers will all be there supporting centrals and Id suggest the people that go to watch tarrant will be sth supporters and people with no affiliation with centrals. I for one would like to be there watching centrals first game under one of the comps best coaches. Also
the retired afl player playing one off games has been done to death and realistically, i dont see the point in doing it other than a cash grab or to pinch a game. I have no problem with clubs doing it, its only my take on it. Take broadford for example bringing in russell robertson, barry hall, brodie holland, dennis bicer etc for their round 3 clash with romsey. Great initiative to pull it off and a great opportunity to raise some cash but it still doesnt guarantee the victory in which broadford assume they are getting. Great to have footy back!!!!!

Good post Mongrel "as usual",
Mate it looks like they want to knock you blokes off..

The thing clubs need to do on these days is to entice people to come back and join up as members. If you have good club people (and many) that can engage people on the day the sky's the limit.
I've been to a few of these days Carey at Marby & Tarrant at Hillside and you need to consider an area where you charge people $40 for drinks and finger food during the course of day 2-5pm. Then do a free raffle and have club polos as your prizes. It's about making people feel welcome.
Anyone can drink on there own or some people even bring there own but you need to get them in.. I know they often have luncheons and speakers but not everyone likes this.

Anyway good luck boys..

Does anyone no if sunbury v diggers anzac day is twighlight or has it been changed to a day game?

Led to believe the day is per normal with a delayed start of 2:30pm to allow for pre-game commemorations and presentations. Fixture indicated twilight game however a week delay on the lights is the issue here.

Have to agree 100% what about the poor kid that has done all the pre season and misses out just so an ex afl player can do a one of appearance and get his $5,000 i thought afl victoria were putting a stop to this happening after the fevola circus a few years ago

Have to agree 100% what about the poor kid that has done all the pre season and misses out just so an ex afl player can do a one of appearance and get his $5,000 i thought afl victoria were putting a stop to this happening after the fevola circus a few years ago

On the flip side it's great for the kids playing, to play with these guys. What an experience for them. Something they will remember forever.
The game Wayne Carey played at Marby my view was the kids could say they played a game with one of the best ever AFL players.
Imagine Jono Brown if he was available for a 1 off game..

I think it's a great idea and usually clubs make good money out of these days if fine probably. There is talk of Tarrant playing more games at Melton Sth this year. Great get..

Does this differ much to bringing in VFL players for a game (or 2)? Some poor kid will miss out then as well. I know this is the RDFL thread, but a very good buzz around Melton recreation reserve last night. Taz in great nick.

Good to see Big Al's second oldest Tyson making his senior footy debut this Saturday. Only issue is it's with Gisborne!
That's surprising. Big Al and his family are/were rusted on Romsey people. I am sure Al would be as proud as punch his boy is playing his first game of senior footy but I am sure he is disappointed it isn't with the club he has spent many hours making into one of the power houses of the rdfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back