RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone shed some light on why Dylan Wright did not play last week and whether he will be available for the Grand Final.

Rumor has it he is out with a bruised ego.

Word on the street is young Dylan had a crack at some of the Sunbury players that missed training/swim session via facebook. Social media may not be the correct way to voice an opinion!!!

Can someone shed some light on why Dylan Wright did not play last week and whether he will be available for the Grand Final.

Rumor has it he is out with a bruised ego.

im told he had a hissy fit cause he told the playing group to stop handballing the footy on their warm down lap and they didnt listen to him so he walked off and said IM OUT!!!! from what im told he wanted to go back but the coach players and president didnt want him back!!! third time he threatend to leave! correct me if im wrong anyone!!! just what i got told:eek::eek:

The RDFL really need to review how they run the finals series. I don't like the finals 6 however there is a much better way to run the final 6. I do not understand why Clubs put in for finals? If the RDFL want to continue with the final 6 they need to set it up how the Ballarat Football League run their final 6 - and that is to introduce home ground advantage in finals. This is the only way a top 6 runs correctly and more importanly - its a fair system.

This year has really shown why it needs to change - for example Riddell (2) defeated Romsey (1) and Sunbury (3) defeated Wallan (6) - after the 1st round Sunbury who had the softest of finals ended up with the exact same ranking as Riddell who defeated the number 1 team. Now if the RDFL had home ground advantage the Riddell V Sunbury game should have been played at Riddell. Which is a fair result considering ladder position and who they defeated in the 1st week. Wallan lost their last 2 games by over 180 points!! There has to be some reward for finishing higher on the ladder. Loser of this match has the home final the following week.

Riddell not only had a tough hard fought win over Romsey but had to play Sunbury who had a training drill final - at a neutral venue. 3rd was clearly a better finishing position than 1 or 2. This makes no sense if home ground advantage in not in place. Not sure how the people that run the RDFL cannot see this?

Now Riddell (now ranked equal 1st) lost to Sunbury (also ranked equal 1st) and now play Romsey (now ranked 3rd) who defeated Macedon (now ranked 4th) at Romsey??? It defies belief that again the RDFL can look at this and be ok with how they have set up the finals series.

The only game that should be set by the RDFL is the Grand Final venue.

Playing home ground advantage will also have the added bonus of greater attendance at games. I would like to see the crowd figures for Romsey V Riddell 1st final at Broadford compared with Romsey V Riddell this weekend. My tip is it will be alot bigger - maybe as high as 20%.

The final 5 is still the best finals system and it is still a fair system even without home ground advantage. It reduces the finals series by 1 game but the RDFL can compensate by having the East V West game or something else to help with revenue. They can no longer run a "no" home ground advanatge final 6 series!! Head in the sand stuff if it stays the way it is.....

Very very good post tof. Whether it is the intensity of the contest or something else, that first week of finals where 1st plays second has left both sides (IN ALL GRADES) flat & ripe for the taking by the side that finished third. The sides that finished third after the H&A season had nothing more than training drill games in their first final tuning then up for a red hot crack the following week.

There is NO incentive for finishing 1 or 2 on the Ladder !
There is really NO incentive for winning the 1st v 2nd Final. (better to play winner of 4th v 5th)
When you have a reasonably even top 3 sides, then finishing third in our current system is the place to be...... & the results so far prove this with ALL 3 third placed sides in all grades moving straight through into the Grand Final.

Now we have the real possibility of having "Blowout" Grand Finals now that the best two performing sides of the H&As are not playing off in the big dance............ & no one wants to see that !

Something HAS to be done about our Final Six set up, it just isnt fair & equitable. And I think perhaps going back to a Final five system is the only best & easiest solution.

Then again fixing this obvious problem may just be asking way too much for our current "Hard Working" :cool: board to solve ! After all, taking the easiest solution & going to a Final 5 would mean one LESS final. One LESS "gate" takings to scoop up........ & I'm just guessing here, but I reckon an organisation that so "desperately" needs the revenue from our finals just to survive, may not be too keen on down sizing their Finals $$$$$ grab !

I BET we still have this problem next season !!! :(

Very very good post tof. Whether it is the intensity of the contest or something else, that first week of finals where 1st plays second has left both sides (IN ALL GRADES) flat & ripe for the taking by the side that finished third. The sides that finished third after the H&A season had nothing more than training drill games in their first final tuning then up for a red hot crack the following week.

There is NO incentive for finishing 1 or 2 on the Ladder !
There is really NO incentive for winning the 1st v 2nd Final. (better to play winner of 4th v 5th)
When you have a reasonably even top 3 sides, then finishing third in our current system is the place to be...... & the results so far prove this with ALL 3 third placed sides in all grades moving straight through into the Grand Final.
Now we have the real possibility of having "Blowout" Grand Finals now that the best two performing sides of the H&As are not playing off in the big dance............ & no one wants to see that !

Something HAS to be done about our Final Six set up, it just isnt fair & equitable. And I think perhaps going back to a Final five system is the only best & easiest solution.

Then again fixing this obvious problem may just be asking way too much for our current "Hard Working" :cool: board to solve ! After all, taking the easiest solution & going to a Final 5 would mean one LESS final. One LESS "gate" takings to scoop up........ & I'm just guessing here, but I reckon an organisation that so "desperately" needs the revenue from our finals just to survive, may not be too keen on down sizing their Finals $$$$$ grab !

I BET we still have this problem next season !!! :(

I hate to correct you but in the under 18s Woodend finished 4th.
What would peoples thoughts be if it were 1v2, 3v4, 5v6.
To say there is no incentive to win the 1 v 2 better play the winner of 4 v 5. Is playing for a spot in the granny with a week off not enough incentive :confused:

I hate to correct you but in the under 18s Woodend finished 4th.
What would peoples thoughts be if it were 1v2, 3v4, 5v6.To say there is no incentive to win the 1 v 2 better play the winner of 4 v 5. Is playing for a spot in the granny with a week off not enough incentive :confused:

I stand corrected. Two out of three then. Mind you they are both the senior sides too !
The Final six is a s**t system. Why we have it in a 12 team comp' is beyond me.
& playing the winner outa 3v6 after playing a really tough first final is NOT the ideal way to go either ! ......... & the results bear this out. :confused:

I stand corrected. Two out of three then. Mind you they are both the senior sides too !
The Final six is a s**t system. Why we have it in a 12 team comp' is beyond me.
& playing the winner outa 3v6 after playing a really tough first final is NOT the ideal way to go either ! ......... & the results bear this out. :confused:
NO WAY OMNI, Ollie and his mates would be spewing if they had one less presidents lunch to attend each season. All that free food and grog going to the unwashed?, How dare you deny the Gestapo a reason to tow the mighty caravan of profit from ground to ground, not forgetting the stormtroopers on their motorbikes prowling the fencelines. Next door neighbour was teeing off on the par 3 behind the tennis courts at Romsey last week when said stormtroopers rode up to them and said, "hope u blokes dont detour through the footy ground. If u do you will be charged the entry fee". I mean, come on.......:confused:

Do you even know who he is idiot

Yes im almost certain most people know who Cameron Dawson is. He is a young, very talented player that has had a very ordinary season. Team of the year??? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Not even close. How about someone get on here and tell us all who picked the team of the year?????????:eek::eek::eek:

Young Roy as i have stated come and see me over at the bar?? i am the fat/bald bloke running the day on Sunday, and i will let you in on a few secrets CHAMP..... about these 7 players WHY they made it and how good they are:thumbsu: also i will introduce Shannon to you and he can tell you why he is a dirty little bastard, also we can honestly say we as a club do not have the RDFL bluffed just a lot of hard:thumbsu: bloody:thumbsu: hard work;) hope to have a chat more on Sunday ROY..........BET YOU WE WONT MEET????? GO REDBACKS 1 FOOTY 3 NETBALL........CCCCCOOOOONNNNAAAALLLLIIIINNKKKOOO YOU BEAUTY:D
ill come up and say hi bigfella, looking forward to the big day:footy::footy::footy::footy::footy:

NO WAY OMNI, Ollie and his mates would be spewing if they had one less presidents lunch to attend each season. All that free food and grog going to the unwashed?, How dare you deny the Gestapo a reason to tow the mighty caravan of profit from ground to ground, not forgetting the stormtroopers on their motorbikes prowling the fencelines. Next door neighbour was teeing off on the par 3 behind the tennis courts at Romsey last week when said stormtroopers rode up to them and said, "hope u blokes dont detour through the footy ground. If u do you will be charged the entry fee". I mean, come on.......:confused:

You guys are unbelievable, Constantly bagging Ollie and the Board, He has done more for this league in one day than you have your whole life, maybe you could catch up with him today and tell him all your thoughts directly to his face.
It seems nothing is ever good enough, or is it just your level of expectations is completely out of reach. Would you like him to follow around the GM and OM and tell them precise instructions on how to go to the toilet.
Volenteers are just that and with constant scrutiny we will end up with none because of guys like you and Omni that sit behind your computers and tell the world how you would run it.
The league this year does not have a full board, maybe you 2 guys could ask your clubs to be nominated for the 2 vacant positions. Whats that?? you dont have the time or some other rubbish excuses. I bet if you had the guts to put your hands up you would probably also have them out. You would be like the guys that sit on club committees winging and moaning but never actually do anything.

Why is it human nature to tell the world when somebody makes mistakes but not give any praise when it is deserved :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are unbelievable, Constantly bagging Ollie and the Board, He has done more for this league in one day than you have your whole life, maybe you could catch up with him today and tell him all your thoughts directly to his face.
It seems nothing is ever good enough, or is it just your level of expectations is completely out of reach. Would you like him to follow around the GM and OM and tell them precise instructions on how to go to the toilet.
Volenteers are just that and with constant scrutiny we will end up with none because of guys like you and Omni that sit behind your computers and tell the world how you would run it.
The league this year does not have a full board, maybe you 2 guys could ask your clubs to be nominated for the 2 vacant positions. Whats that?? you dont have the time or some other rubbish excuses. I bet if you had the guts to put your hands up you would probably also have them out. You would be like the guys that sit on club committees winging and moaning but never actually do anything.

Why is it human nature to tell the world when somebody makes mistakes but not give any praise when it is deserved :thumbsdown:

Its called an opinion you ignoramous, & everyone (even the illinformed like you) has a right to have one ! I'm sure if you actually went & spoke to somebody in the "Know" (like I have) you would understand that things that go on ( & doesnt go on) at board level is really quite mind boggling to say the least !!! :confused:

Its called an opinion you ignoramous, & everyone (even the illinformed like you) has a right to have one ! I'm sure if you actually went & spoke to somebody in the "Know" (like I have) you would understand that things that go on ( & doesnt go on) at board level is really quite mind boggling to say the least !!! :confused:

Ok, then i should expect to see you nominated and voted onto the board next year. Good luck!

Yes im almost certain most people know who Cameron Dawson is. He is a young, very talented player that has had a very ordinary season. Team of the year??? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Not even close. How about someone get on here and tell us all who picked the team of the year?????????:eek::eek::eek:

Cam will not be taking his place in a grand final with a stupid undisiplinced act right in front of the umpire.
Fancy throwing a headbutt with the man in orange 2 mtrs away, pathetic action with whats at stake the next week

I also have voiced my opinion to Ollie etc., and i know someone on the board who tells me its ollies way or the highway.Are u on the board Blues12?, if so, your doin a s**t job and need to step up to the plate and listen to the people who make this league what it is.....the paying public. On another note, Well done to Romsey with a great second half, completely blew Riddell away. Dawson was very silly to do what he did and will no doubt miss the granny. Number 1 from the bombers, besanko?, was also lucky to only get a yellow, should have been a red. What a sniper. And finally, thanks Conaliko for a great day, u didnt stop today you beauty:thumbsu:

Cam will not be taking his place in a grand final with a stupid undisiplinced act right in front of the umpire.
Fancy throwing a headbutt with the man in orange 2 mtrs away, pathetic action with whats at stake the next week

Surely Dawson appeals and gets off.

i was on watching from the flank where it happened, it was more smooch than a headbutt.

Shouldn't have put himself in the spot, but would be a yellow card AT WORST.

I also have voiced my opinion to Ollie etc., and i know someone on the board who tells me its ollies way or the highway.Are u on the board Blues12?, if so, your doin a s**t job and need to step up to the plate and listen to the people who make this league what it is.....the paying public. On another note, Well done to Romsey with a great second half, completely blew Riddell away. Dawson was very silly to do what he did and will no doubt miss the granny. Number 1 from the bombers, besanko?, was also lucky to only get a yellow, should have been a red. What a sniper. And finally, thanks Conaliko for a great day, u didnt stop today you beauty:thumbsu:

No i'm not on the Board, but shouldn't the whole board be voting on isues and decisions etc.

From all reports it was a cracking day today at Romsey with a heated clash between 2 very proud clubs. I look forward to reading a write up about it. IMS?
It sounds like Dawson could be in trouble. Any other injuries or reports from the game. Next week is building to be a great contest.

No i'm not on the Board, but shouldn't the whole board be voting on isues and decisions etc.

From all reports it was a cracking day today at Romsey with a heated clash between 2 very proud clubs. I look forward to reading a write up about it. IMS?
It sounds like Dawson could be in trouble. Any other injuries or reports from the game. Next week is building to be a great contest.
They should but they dont, mate....yeah-Nah, Whatever. I reckon Dawso is in trouble, but, he was baited. Riddell players high fived after he was given the red card so we shall see. Was a big turn around in the second half. In the first it seemed liked Romsey were goin the biff but to their credit they knuckled down and played to the gameplan. Pretty much ran Riddell off their legs and ran on to score with abandon. Will be a cracker next week. I reckon Romsey by a goal.:footy:

i was on watching from the flank where it happened, it was more smooch than a headbutt.

Shouldn't have put himself in the spot, but would be a yellow card AT WORST.

Number 1 from Riddells cheap shop at Steve Burlak was much worse than Dawsons and he got a yellow card, go figure.

Players need to remember what is at stake, there is no room for undisiplined actions, especially in a team sport. The reason for my post is that last week I criticised the commentary. Well I couldn't be there today at Romsey to barrack for the Redbacks, but, thanks to the internet I found 101.7 and listened to the whole match on the internet 450 kms away from Romsey. I believe in constructive criticism, because whether a team or individuals you can grow if you listen and take it onboard, I also believe in giving credit where due, thanks guys for your broadcast it was great to hear the whole match live and the commentary was great, simply saying it as it was, great job! I will be there next week to barrack for the Redbacks, Go boys today you really turned it around, next week, maybe start playing from the first bounce and go from there. Well done again to everyone.

Shouldn't have put himself in the spot, but would be a yellow card AT WORST.[/QUOTE
Dawson is the x factor no doubt , the grab he took today was great !
He is far to easy to throw off the boil, if i was sunbury he would be my first target as its well known the boy has a very very short fuse!
Riddell were terrible after half time and never once looked like taking the game after the main break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back