No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh please. There's always the uber-PC sensitive twats you can't mention the "g" word around without them breaking into a lecture. My gay mates would absolutely laugh at you for being so precious. One thing I can tell you about gay blokes is they gravitate to big cities. Why? Because there is a bigger gay community there, so yes it is about opportunity. I know a bunch in London and Berlin for example but never met any in the smaller towns in the UK and Germany. Not that they aren't there, but certainly seems fewer of them. I only know 3 who grew up in Adelaide. The two younger ones in their 30s both moved to Sydney in their 20s, the one who is still here is an older bloke. And they are good guys who love a bit of banter. Through what they've told me I can tell you its common for gays from Adelaide to move to Sydney. Whoops there I go with the g word again. Would you prefer if I refer to them as "___"s in future just to tiptoe around your sensibilities?

Same with artists. I only know actors in terms of artists, but a bunch of them have moved to Melbourne for opportunity. The one who is still here gets a part occasionally in various plays that keeps her busy for a few months, occasionally a bit part in something shot in Adelaide (they typically bring the lead roles from Melbourne) then she has to make do with promotional work in the interim, most recently spruiking colgate in a shopping centre. There simply isn't the opportunity here to sustain their craft. Which relates to population growth again. Not touching your bullshit about women knowing their place.

Edit: take it to the backyard if you want to take it further

Rant away there mattymac - but your logic and you bullsh!t are way off.

Never said I had a problem with the word gay - the problem I had was with your pigeon hole stereotyping crap. Your language reeks of someone with little life experience and an opinion born out of ignorance.

You want to try and justify that you aren't having a go after calling gay rights a result of navel gazing - and a reason why Adelaide isn't where it should be? You are embarrassing yourself. Try talking to someone who has fought for gay rights for a large part of their life, and see how you go. See if they find your position laughable. Don't assume to know me or where my opinions stem from.

And as far as artists go, once again - happy to take you to task there. Been a practising artist for longer than most on this place have been alive. You speak utter crap. You are talking about something you obviously know nothing about.

Your language reeks of someone with little life experience and an opinion born out of ignorance.

Don't assume to know me or where my opinions stem from.

Lol, nice symmetry there.

I think you're deliberately taking what I said out of context so you can feel offended. If and when you calm down I'm happy to walk you through it in the backyard.

Rant away there mattymac - but your logic and you bullsh!t are way off.

Never said I had a problem with the word gay - the problem I had was with your pigeon hole stereotyping crap. Your language reeks of someone with little life experience and an opinion born out of ignorance.

You want to try and justify that you aren't having a go after calling gay rights a result of navel gazing - and a reason why Adelaide isn't where it should be? You are embarrassing yourself. Try talking to someone who has fought for gay rights for a large part of their life, and see how you go. See if they find your position laughable. Don't assume to know me or where my opinions stem from.

And as far as artists go, once again - happy to take you to task there. Been a practising artist for longer than most on this place have been alive. You speak utter crap. You are talking about something you obviously know nothing about.

Wow

I think if you want to be be offended, it's pretty easy to be offended in a forum.

Sometimes flip comments aren't meant to be profound statements of personal beliefs.

I think Dunstan did more for civil rights than any Australian leader before or since.

But it is hard to argue against the fact that young men (gay, arty or midfielders) now often choose to move interstate for opportunity.

Will dougy sign for f sake! Don't like the idea of Malthouses fingers in our pants.

Dougie signing is most likely waiting on what Dangerfield is doing.

I'd be very surprised if Dougie didn't sign during the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that what you think we we've done? Intentionally drawn the line? Or just stuffed it up like building a desal plant much bigger than it needed to be? Governments in this state have a history of ******* things up and that's both sides. Just look at our one way freeway.

10 plants, on the spot fine that was less than 15+ speed limit was a massive winner though. Enormous export product and proceeds spent in cash throughout the economy.

Yep, it's an easy sell. Roos, Goodwin, top draft picks + Danger. $1.2m per year would make it a damn sight easier for him to see it as well. Perhaps if we'd pummelled them by 100+ last year instead of losing, we'd have a case to suggest they're a basket case. I reckon if he goes it won't be the cats or hawks on $800k, it'll be melbourne and he'll captain them from 2016. IF he goes, that is, IF.

That's the strong mail I'm getting from credible sources. Roosy is giving him the full court press. All about putting Goody on a solid platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back