Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

No. His issues is his injuries. A very determined and professional character.
Maybe the case. I said his issue is Attitude, not his Attitude. Attitude as a Ruckman, get him before he gets me, lead the team, "Get your knee in his throat"

Not knocking him personally, if he is quick enough, CHB looks his go.

Last edited:

I don't see why people here want Gorringe, is it because he is from SA and a 1st rounder? Because from what I saw in our game against GCS was him get destroyed by Lobbe who had 50+ hit outs, heck Westhoff would probably beat him in the ruck! Happy to be proven wrong but I would trade a 3rd rounder for him

In 2012 Lobbe got handed one of the all-time greatest individual pantsings ever seen in a game of footy by Sam Jacobs.

In 2013 Lobbe comprehensively beat Jacobs and a host of other top quality AFL ruckmen.

Shaun Higgins of the bulldogs - any interest? I always thought he was a short arse... but at 186cm he is a good size - to slot into the midfield.
It would put pressure on Moore to get a game... and Newton...

Goringe is exceptionally well built for his age, and if he can get his body, fitness and atitude right, could still easily become the ruck/resting forward any side would be happy with.

he has shown zero as a forward though.

that's not to say he cannot become a ruck who is handy up forward , but he has not shown any aptitude for it to date. has size and athleticism so he has the potential to develop that way, if he has the head/ or develops the nous to play that position.

if you were signing him you would be signing him on what he showed as a junior ruckman , and his athletic attributes.

that's not to say he cannot become a ruck who is handy up forward , but he has not shown any aptitude for it to date. has size and athleticism so he has the potential to develop that way, if he has the head/ or develops the nous to play that position.

if you were signing him you would be signing him on what he showed as a junior ruckman , and his athletic attributes.

1:40

That's the risk. If he showed a lot as a ruck/forward at AFL level he'd be virtually untradable or very very expensive.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Higgins of the bulldogs - any interest? I always thought he was a short arse... but at 186cm he is a good size - to slot into the midfield.
It would put pressure on Moore to get a game... and Newton...

Personally I wouldn't, would rather add pressure to Moore with a first rounder like Weller or Blakely. Higgins at 26 has played 15-20 good games in 150?

that was a pearler of a goal though wasnt it. but even when i watched him before he was drafted he always looked a mobile leaping ruck. didnt look like a guy whose movements in the forward line would direct the midfield to kick it to him. didnt show the nous of how to play. that doesnt mean he cant/wont develop that though. but i wouldnt just assume he would be the ruck/solution to our key forward woes. he would give us a potentially very good ruckman who just may develop something of a forward game in time.

Gorringe would be a decent player if he just showed a bit of mongrel. Maybe if he got some continuity in his football he might get some confidence in his body to be more aggressive. I'm not convinced but we must trade for a ruck.

So, Griffiths, Giles (signed but up for trade), Lowden, Grimley (apparently signed for another year!), Membrey and Greenwood are unsigned with Gorringe a possible trade.

Last edited:
Greenwood - had his first 'great year' of AFL - are we interested? An tough but untidy midfielder who gets leather poisoning.
Bring him home to mama I say.

Greenwood - had his first 'great year' of AFL - are we interested? An tough but untidy midfielder who gets leather poisoning.

If he was out of contract last year or became a free agent this year then i would be all over him. North will ask for a lot in a trade. It sucks because he would be great for our midfield.

GWS cannot possibly expect to keep all of Boyd, Cameron, Patton, Tomlinson, Stewart and McCarthy, and promise them games. Two of them have to be on the market or open to offers this trade period, even with Patton's injury. We ought to be a desirable destination for a young, developing tall forward.
Cameron please.

Too late. Should've gone hard when he was spudding it up and we were only interested in him because he was a magpie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back