Bumped Relax- We will make the 8!!!!! (New posts from #134)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoaa take it easy chief don't get ahead of your self there!

But seriously it's all about expectations. After getting smashed by Brisbane last year that was where my expectations were at. The performance of the team this year has lifted my expectations significantly.

Don't be surprised if we go deep in September

Get ahead of myself? I'm the one saying the PLAN is for a flag in 18/19, you're saying going deep into September THIS year. How am I the one getting ahead of himself?

Or is my sarcasm meter broken?

Why do people insist that we can't have a shot at the premiership this year? The season is more than half over and we've got ourselves into a great position to contend.

I'm not saying we will win it, but who knows what could happen on any given day? I don't believe in this business of a 3 year plan, one step at a time. Why does it have to be finals this year, win a final next year, top 4 the year after that and then be in contention? Who's to say we can't finish top 4 and win a final this year?

It's a good bump but quoting people from last year is unfair.

now I totally agree with that. I'd even argue that it's unfair to quote people from last week....or to quote them after a loss.... or to quote them for something that they might be venting about....in fact, I think it's unfair to point out when people have said something wrong. I've had to change my nick 4 times in the last 3 months because of the stupid things that I've posted on here. I've got a feeling that I might be embarassed about this post in 5 minutes so dont quote me...

now I totally agree with that. I'd even argue that it's unfair to quote people from last week....or to quote them after a loss.... or to quote them for something that they might be venting about....in fact, I think it's unfair to point out when people have said something wrong. I've had to change my nick 4 times in the last 3 months because of the stupid things that I've posted on here. I've got a feeling that I might be embarassed about this post in 5 minutes so dont quote me...

Ok I won't...

A quick look at any of the 2015 ladder prediction threads from the start of the season and you'll see 99% of posters had Collingwood between 10th and 16th. The fact that people are now discussing whether or not they'll make top 4 or top 8 says a lot about how well the Pies have done thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our recruiting over the last few years combined with our age profile would suggest it's not just fluff.

Our recruiting over the last few years would suggest that there's a lot of unrealised potential ...

Grundy: 32 games (of 57)
Kennedy: 22 games (of 57)
Broomhead: 17 games (of 57)
Ramsay: 7 games (of 57)
Scharenberg: 0 games (of 34 :( )
Freeman: 0 games (of 34 :( )
Langdon: 31 games (of 34 :D )
Marsh: 0 games (of 34)
DeGoey: 7 games (of 12)
Moore: 0 games (of 12)
Maynard: 0 games (of 12)
Goodyear: 0 games (of 12)

Our recruiting over the last few years would suggest that there's a lot of unrealised potential ...

This is what I mean. I'd say that roadmap isn't just talk for the media. It actually is the planned roadmap.

Hope Kennedy gets a chance this year or is he fighting it out with DeGoey for a position

This is what I mean. I'd say that roadmap isn't just talk for the media. It actually is the planned roadmap.
I am sure it is but everything naturally depend on unpredictable development. Of that lot I am confident Grundy will be a very good long term player, Langdon will at least be solid, DeGoey will be a 200+ gamer injury permitting and Broomhead has potential but needs to improve a lot. The rest have shown nothing more than any draftee player at this point. That's to be expected but it's still fact. Ask Melbourne how draft talent translates to success.

Our recruiting over the last few years would suggest that there's a lot of unrealised potential

I have seen enough potential amongst the bolded to believe that they will make it, more than a third of a football team, I am very hopeful.
Melbourne in the last couple of drafts have done very well, I think that people make the mistake of when mentioning Melbourne think of Jack Watts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back