Religion at the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the pic on Robinsons Instagram of a few of them praying.....including Aish.

Is the club beating to the happy clappy pulse?

Yeah there are a bunch of faith. Rich is a very strong believer, as are Jed, Nick Robbo, Claye Beams, and a few others as well. Leppa and his family are also very regular churchgoers I believe, as is the case with Simon Black too. Don't know about those in Robbo's picture though.

Yeah there are a bunch of faith. Rich is a very strong believer, as are Jed, Nick Robbo, Claye Beams, and a few others as well. Leppa and his family are also very regular churchgoers I believe, as is the case with Simon Black too. Don't know about those in Robbo's picture though.

Each to their own.......as long as it is not being pushed down your throat.

You are concerned that they are praying too much or not praying enough or that there are not more of them praying or that they are praying at all or that you know that they are praying or .... ?
I don't think we're supposed to discuss religion on these forums, but to answer your question, I'm concerned about the thought processes and mental well being of anyone going to church or praying.
There is plenty to dispute it should be an issue, and just my personal opinion, so I should probably leave it at that.

I don't think we're supposed to discuss religion on these forums, but to answer your question, I'm concerned about the thought processes and mental well being of anyone going to church or praying.
There is plenty to dispute it should be an issue, and just my personal opinion, so I should probably leave it at that.

You're going to hell!

If there were such a place, yes, I most certainly am.:cool:

Always thought of heaven and hell as the last thought/feeling of your life projected through infinity. Heaven would be at peace, no regrets, Hell would be the opposite.

How about them Lions hey?

Moving on...

I just wish I hadn't found out. Not like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wish I hadn't found out. Not like this.

images

That photo is confronting to me but not because they are praying but because being so overt with your personal beliefs (eg the hand holding, putting it on instagram etc) just isn't something I'm used to seeing. But different strokes for different folks. Not sure the boys are harming anyone by doing this and if they want to be public about it, a tolerant society can surely accept it and move on without fuss.

I also think it is possible to believe in a higher being without being unbalanced.

That photo is confronting to me but not because they are praying but because being so overt with your personal beliefs (eg the hand holding, putting it on instagram etc) just isn't something I'm used to seeing. But different strokes for different folks. Not sure the boys are harming anyone by doing this and if they want to be public about it, a tolerant society can surely accept it and move on without fuss.

I also think it is possible to believe in a higher being without being unbalanced.
Agreed, except I would consider the higher beings in my life to be my wife, dog, fund manager and boss in that order.

From the mental instability of the extremists of all religions across the world, I can understand your thought process. As someone who would consider myself a Christian - and also sane - I can say that the extreme levels of the religion are not at all representative of a normal experience of having faith. Also, I'd look at photos like that and find them pretty unusual - just as I look at those massive concert churches with smoke machines and flashing lights and think 'something is definitely not right there'.

To be fair, a lot of people could come to this board and see how seriously we all take football and think we're mentally unstable. They'd probably be right ;)

I'm certainly not bothered by the image, I do however find it interesting that;
a) All the players are new, with Aish being at the club the longest.
and b) How does this come up? Having played footy for over 20 years albeit at a local level (23 years, this year). I can't say I have ever heard a question of faith to anyone come up in the changerooms or at training etc.
Is it a case of the guys getting together as they all have the same faith or possibly the newer guys being influenced call it peer pressure or whatever to go with the flow, down a religious path they don't necessarily believe in.

Last edited:
I don't think we're supposed to discuss religion on these forums

I don't believe there's anything banning it, but associated discussions do tend to degenerate quite quickly. Given that all sides of the religious spectrum aren't likely to be convinced by posts on a football forum, I can't say that it's surprising.

Moved this discussion into its own thread out of the Instagram thread, but please keep it relatively respectful and bear in mind that we're discussing a pretty emotional topic for a lot of people. I've got an itchy trigger finger on the "Close" button for this thread if it goes off the rails. ;)

Moved this discussion into its own thread out of the Instagram thread, but please keep it relatively respectful and bear in mind that we're discussing a pretty emotional topic for a lot of people. I've got an itchy trigger finger on the "Close" button for this thread if it goes off the rails. ;)
So no "death to the infidels" sort of comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back