Replacement Roos can 'maim' Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
AS per the article from AFL website, http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-03/replacement-roos-can-maim-tigers-carey

As Carey rightly put it, this could eventually open a can of worms next week.

Imagine Majak Daw, recklessly slinging Deledio into the turf concussing him. Deledio is out for next week vs North in the finals and the Daw is given a few weeks. Imagine the outrage.

Do the AFL potentially have a grey area on their hands next week? Do they come out with another rule change? What about the affected teams?

Y'know, I was just thinking that there weren't enough people whinging about North on this board so I sure am glad you made this thread.

AS per the article from AFL website, http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-03/replacement-roos-can-maim-tigers-carey

As Carey rightly put it, this could eventually open a can of worms next week.

Imagine Majak Daw, recklessly slinging Deledio into the turf concussing him. Deledio is out for next week vs North in the finals and the Daw is given a few weeks. Imagine the outrage.

Do the AFL potentially have a grey area on their hands next week? Do they come out with another rule change? What about the affected teams?

But cant any team do that in any final. Whats to stop any teams worst player recklessly injuring a few of the other teams best players?

Tomorrow night will be bruise free. North might start well but we will eventually get 5-6 goals up then just shut it down and chip the ball around for much of the second half.

Don't mind it. Could be a game to remember. Tigers are up for it I rekn. Didn't Hardwick talk about intimidation recently?

It's a battlefield and North are in a better position to battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the afl thought it was a deliberate tactic north would cop all sorts of penalties. They'd go mental

Also. This is pro sport. There is a level of professional respect and friendships between the players that would make this very very very unlikely in the modern era.

This isnt a pub league.

About time Majak put the fear of God into the AFL.

Gonna be some sore Tigers.
Richmond has to win otherwise they'll probably play the Crows at AO next week.

North are better off trying to use their VFL players to play a fast game and run them off their feet and then play them again next week. I think Hardwick would look forward to a slow congested physical game. As long as they won.

Imagine if some of the North players rush into the Richmond rooms and fling turds at them.

Imagine it, it could happen.

Imagine if Majak pulls off a mask and he's actually the ghost of John Coleman and he kicks 100 goals to sink the Tigers.

It could happen.

Oh wow this whinging is beyond bareable. Richmond would do the exact same thing in North's situation, I'm sure players aren't going to be sent out there to intentionally hurt Richmond players, this isn't the 1960's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back