Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Joni. Amazing songwriter too. One of the best of the 20th century.

Was thinking of going to this concert, but I have Covid and Mr Park is still trying to dodge it, so crowded concerts are not quite our thing ATM. But I’d love to see this.

Myself and the good lady Torpedo went to a jazz re imagined set of early Joni tunes with absolute gun Melbourne jazz people including old friend Julien Wilson... incredible gig.. pre Covid

Great song. But could also belong in the Song for Collingwood thread.☹️

Hadn't thought of it, but the song does indeed belong in that thread.

I'll wait and see what the season produces, and whether I need to pop the more sombre version in there.

Horse out

(\,,/)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite possibly the best band until now, that you have never heard of.
They played gigs with Pink Floyd and Hendrix amongst other legendary bands
This is later with I think only the guitar player/singer.
It takes about 2 songs for them to really kick, but my word they go off!
Tony's Fingers... on both hands..

Anyone got to see Kurt Vile and the Violators last night at Northcote theatre? I reckon my mate and I were the oldest two in the 1600 strong crowd. A good night.

Going tonight. I might beat your record.

Tks for reminder I need to do some Spotify homework. He reminds me of early 90s slacker Indi rock like Lemonheads and dinosaur jnr

Good Friday morning will be spent on Kayo watching our huge win.

Last edited:

Tks for reminder I need to do some Spotify homework. He reminds me of early 90s slacker Indi rock like Lemonheads and dinosaur jnr

At 69 and 71, we seemed old enough to be fathers to 90% of the audience. Lots of millennials. We arrived just before interval, catching the final minutes of someone we figured must be a busker dragged in off the street, but was in fact Mick Turner. Highly miss-able but you get a different support act tonight. Was tonight's concert sold out? We were hoping he'd bring on Courtney Barnett to do some songs with him like he did last time I saw him solo in Melbourne, but no such luck. His Violators are all still intact and pump out a powerful sound. Highlight for me (and everyone else) was a reworked version of Waking on a Pretty Day that just got more and more powerful. He did about 5 songs from his new album with which I was unfamiliar. I thought his set was well paced. Hope you enjoy it! My mate later remarked that it's a long time since he stood for so long. My legs didn't want to get into motion for about 5 minutes once we were on our way out of the theatre.

Leave yourself ample time to find a park and walk in. Took us about 30 minutes all up, after scoring a dodgy park on the corner of a street in the residential area. I would have trammed it in if coming from nearby.

At 69 and 71, we seemed old enough to be fathers to 90% of the audience. Lots of millennials. We arrived just before interval, catching the final minutes of someone we figured must be a busker dragged in off the street, but was in fact Mick Turner. Highly miss-able but you get a different support act tonight. Was tonight's concert sold out? We were hoping he'd bring on Courtney Barnett to do some songs with him like he did last time I saw him solo in Melbourne, but no such luck. His Violators are all still intact and pump out a powerful sound. Highlight for me (and everyone else) was a reworked version of Waking on a Pretty Day that just got more and more powerful. He did about 5 songs from his new album with which I was unfamiliar. I thought his set was well paced. Hope you enjoy it! My mate later remarked that it's a long time since he stood for so long. My legs didn't want to get into motion for about 5 minutes once we were on our way out of the theatre.

I’m a young 60. Aiming to go to welcome to thornbury prior for a food truck feed so depends on traffic and timing whether we see the support. Tks for hint re parking

Also hoping Courtney Barnett makes a cameo. She lives in the area I think

RIP Tina Turner. Really rebuilt her life after Ike.

I wonder how many haven't danced to Nutbush?

Musically she did her best work with Ike and with Phil Spector, two of the most detestable men in music history. River deep mountain high is an all time classic. Not a fan of her later work, but I always thought “ what you get is what you need” to be a bit of an underrated song.

Total respect for her as a person. All class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back