Injury Rhys Stanley - news post-foot surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

This is s**t

In the last 15 years I can only remember one durable ruck that we have had, even worse our only healthy recognised ruck is padraig lucey...

Can't believe it's been 4 years since Ottens retired and we are still are no closer to having a recognised No.1 ruck. And no I don't count Simpson and HMac because relying on 2 injury prone big men is not due diligence.
Very unlucky for Stanley but the club really needs to sort this problem out once and for all, cut the 2 deadwood rucks, recruit at least 2 proper No.1's and best man gets the job. No speculative picks, just pure rucks thanks.
It's fair to say this problem has cost us finals, maybe more but still after 4 years isn't resolved!

case closed your honour
moving on we have exhibit a,b,c,d
a. PD
b. SS
c. LH
D M

Gone for the year? Where's this talk come from?

Just wait until he has scans and the club release a statement on it.

Think I'll have to side with the doc on this one as opposed to the keyboard heroes with the fake medical degrees.

Not good news for Rhys but I guess it again gives us a chance to try someone different for little while but hell! We sure deserve a bit of luck. Menzel, Vardy and Christensen have been as poorer blows as I can remember, must even out at some point in the not too distant future
(I hope :()

Seriously.

It doesn't look like anyone has any info yet - if there are no scans available how they can perform a diagnosis? - so let's hold off on the scuttlebutt yeah?

Ah,a players mums next door neighbours barbers milkmans gardner

Maybe.
But at least he had some good years before it struck.

case closed your honour
moving on we have exhibit a,b,c,d
a. PD
b. SS
c. LH
D M
Sorry. But point of said post? To prove you're a keyboard hero. Well done. And what was wrong with what UnitedWarrior93 said? He said to wait for the club release, which revealed he's out for the year.

Sorry. But point of said post? To prove you're a keyboard hero. Well done. And what was wrong with what UnitedWarrior93 said? He said to wait for the club release, which revealed he's out for the year.
that exactly what I proved. everyone is crapping on about what is said in the media, and the media could not have got it more wrong on this issue
the club knew a week ago exactly what the go was, and we get the info today, some had him as an outside chance to play last week
I didn't need to wait as I had the news, the club knew what the go was

over and out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you guys trade for a Hickey or Longer?

We are only interested in trading in a Terminator. The big tall mobile one that does not breakdown.

Does not need elite speed, just needs resilience, marking and goal kicking ability. Used Terminators accepted.

GO Catters

All the best to Rhys hope he makes a full recovery. So much for our coachs reassurance "even the worst case scenario is not too bad."

Times like this are exactly why we can't afford to carry injury prone list cloggers like Simpson, McIntosh, Vardy and (as much as I hate to say it) Menzel any longer if they can't get their bodies right sooner rather than later. We should have a lot of delistings this off season.

And when we're playing Walker in the ruck yet again you have to wonder why we didn't keep Trent West, who may have been very ordinary but at least was durable and a preferable option to playing a FF who can't ruck as the #1 ruck option :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back