Richo lovers put back in place

Remove this Banner Ad

Well thats a bit more realistic from Adam Richardson.
What did he get for the game?? 3 touches, no score??/ What a great effort there!!! Funny how there are no 'Hallelujah' headlines today in the paper!! I didnt realise he was playing...his name wasnt in the AFL stats (which is disgraceful if you ask me...they dont have all the players stats up there!)...i only r4ealised he had played when there was a picture of him in the Footy Monday part in the advertiser today with the ball being spoiled...and i found out he had 3 kicks!!! Thats puts his 8 goals back in perspective doesnt it!! The person who was having orgasms over his 8 goal performance in the internal trial who wrote that article in the paper should have his foot firmly planted right in his mouth right now...bad luck Richo...this is the AFL...you dont come up against 17 year old defenders who havent played a game yet each week!!

Makes a difference doesnt it!!

Im sure he wont be that useless each week...im sure he'll kick 45 goals this year..but it puts this '8 goal forward against Stuart Bown so that means he'll kick 130 goals this year' s**t back in perspective doesnt it!

It's only the media who have gone overboard with Richo. The Club and most supporters realise it's a big step up from SANFL, and are realistic about his potential in the AFL.

The NZ trip was his first trip away with the team, and by all accounts it was an horrendous road trip, not an "excuse" but I'm prepared to give him a few weeks to settle in.

Macca!

You were too light on him.

Richo is absolute crap and won't make it through the whole season, what a dud, they would be better dropping him off now and elevating one of their rookies.

Just remember last year when he kicked 10 goals against the Port Magpies and West lost by heaps. The only reason he kicked so many goals is because West only know one way to kick, they never look for options. It is hardly going to be the way the crows play, or is it?

He's only a marking forward, will be no good chasing the ball.

Just another dud for the crows!

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

I really disapointed about Richo. I thought he was going to be a superstar. Well thats what my Crows mates kept on telling me. He has so much going for him. First of all his ability to dominate at SANFL level by kicking 60-70 goals a year. The fact he has lost weight and is the fittest he has ever been and finally those tatts alone must be worth 5-6 goals a week in the AFL. Whats gone wrong?.
biggrin.gif

turn it up crows54

you blokes (and gals) on this board had him as the no. one full forward at the crows. Plenty of you had predicted 70-80 goals for the year !!!!

ptw

Excuse ME ptw, but I don't recollect ever saying I thought Richo would kick 70 to 80 goals this season.

I do admit to thinking he should do well, with his enthusiasm, the sacrifices he's made, and the skill he's shown in the local league. But I was realistic not to get carried away while watching the internal trial where he kicked 8 or 9 goals. I remember thinking "wait until they play a REAL team".

Time will tell.

I see Mrs Richardson has an injury. I guess it's best to keep your gun forward for the real stuff ay?
rolleyes.gif

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

Originally posted by ptw:
turn it up crows54

you blokes (and gals) on this board had him as the no. one full forward at the crows. Plenty of you had predicted 70-80 goals for the year !!!!

ptw

Against the doggies, Richo looked very nervous indeed, as if his whole AFL career depended upon the game. Perhaps it did. He managed three goals, missed two other set shots, and dropped two easy marks that should have earned him a further two set shots.

All in all not a breathtaking effort. I think he showed enough that Crows will persist with him though. If this is so then perhaps he can overcome his nerves, and settle down.

I think he showed enough that even in a game with a poor return, where the opposition played a flooded backline, and he had four fluffed opportunities, Richo had the ability still to get as many as three goals. That was when he didn't do well and make the most of opportunities.

At three goals a game, assuming he plays this badly all year, he still might return as many as sixty goals for Crows this year. It is a possibility.

There is even the possibility he might even get a bit better with a bit of AFL experience behind him as the year progresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back