Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the bookies saying?

It is normally a 30 second spot on TV about odds and s**t and then a patronising bit at the end where they tell people to gamble responsibly!! :)

Richmond aren't the quickest team out there, so we should load up on speed. For that reason, Boekhorst should play.

In place of who? I'd like him in there but I can't see the side changing at all from (names not exact lineup)

Rowe, Jamison, Yarran
Simpson jaksch tuohy
Thomas Judd everitt
Menzel hendo bell
Gibbs casboult white
Wood murphy carrots
Doherty (composure must improve) curnow cripps jones

Plenty there to pick from in terms of "rather have" but I'd be stunned. If courageous you'd throw out Rowe and Doherty and bring in Smith and Boekhurst. But I just don't see them doing it.

Have a feeling the bookies have the line wrong on this.

I think it'll be close. Not sure we will win but don't think it'll be a pumping either.

Maybe that's because I don't really rate Richmond. They'll be thereabouts for finals but they're not flag material. Gold Coast are better placed.

Gold Coast should easily finish above both teams.

Their team oozes class in every part of the ground.

May as well have a go at a best 22 for rnd 1.

FB. Tuohy Jamo Jakcsh
HB. Simo Rowe Docherty

MF. Yazz Gibbs Daisy
R. Warnock Cripps Judd

HF. Everitt Hendo Menzel
FF. Murphy Cas Jones

B. Curnow Carrazzo Bell
S. Boeky / Smith / Tutt
E. Above, Casey, Graham

A few notes..

Backs. Jakcsh takes Whites position, he's been very surprising in the NAB. Tuohy and Doc get first crack along with Simo. Tuohy looks to be getting back to some good form and Doc, although a little shaky with a few disposals has plenty of upside (plus he's an island boy)

Mids. I have Yarran and Daisy on the wings with the hope that they will both have greater fitness this year. The more times Yazz can deliver into our fwd 50 the better. Daisy hopefully gets back to his gut running best. Warnock starts well usually and with Casboult in the team hopefully making up for knockers around the ground.

Forwards. I'm going with the 3 talls in Hendo, Jones and Cas. Jones gets the nod over Watson and White because he can crash packs and take a big mark. Cas is in purely because we don't have anyone else with Ruck and marking skills like him, plays deep in the forward line when not relieving Ruck. Everitt and Menzel on HF, Everitt can get a big mismatch here with the 4th defender. I've started Murph in the pocket as the rotating Mid.

Bench. At this point, Curnow and Carrazzo offer way more than others being shut down types and accumulators. Bell gets a spot because he hits hard and has a knack of kicking goals, still improving. For me the sub can be shared around by these speedy types, we've got enough flexibility within the team to cover injuries, these blokes can come on and offer us run and carry late in the game.

FB. Tuohy Jamo Jakcsh
HB. Simo Rowe Docherty

MF. Yazz Gibbs Daisy
R. Warnock Cripps Judd

HF. Everitt Hendo Menzel
FF. Murphy Cas Jones

B. Curnow Carrazzo Bell
S. Boeky / Smith / Tutt
E. Above, Casey, Graham

Think you've got that just about right. Only difference I can see happening is White potentially slotting in ahead of one of the possible subs you mentioned. I think we are structurally better playing one of those quicker running types, but feel that MM will have a tough time leaving White out of his rd1 side. He just does so many great things for the team with his shepherding and attack on the ball, and sets the kind of example the coaches love to reward.

Would Carrots, Curnow or Bell be left out for Whitey? For me I really like the idea of the new speedy players as sub. The 3 mentioned above aren't exactly speed merchants so wouldn't lose too much in that department if White replaced one.

FB. Tuohy Jamo Jakcsh
HB. Simo Rowe Docherty

MF. Yazz Gibbs Daisy
R. Warnock Cripps Judd

HF. Everitt Hendo Menzel
FF. Murphy Cas Jones

B. Curnow Carrazzo Bell
S. Boeky / Smith / Tutt
E. Above, Casey, Graham

A few notes..

Backs. Jakcsh takes Whites position, he's been very surprising in the NAB. Tuohy and Doc get first crack along with Simo. Tuohy looks to be getting back to some good form and Doc, although a little shaky with a few disposals has plenty of upside (plus he's an island boy)

Mids. I have Yarran and Daisy on the wings with the hope that they will both have greater fitness this year. The more times Yazz can deliver into our fwd 50 the better. Daisy hopefully gets back to his gut running best. Warnock starts well usually and with Casboult in the team hopefully making up for knockers around the ground.

Forwards. I'm going with the 3 talls in Hendo, Jones and Cas. Jones gets the nod over Watson and White because he can crash packs and take a big mark. Cas is in purely because we don't have anyone else with Ruck and marking skills like him, plays deep in the forward line when not relieving Ruck. Everitt and Menzel on HF, Everitt can get a big mismatch here with the 4th defender. I've started Murph in the pocket as the rotating Mid.

Bench. At this point, Curnow and Carrazzo offer way more than others being shut down types and accumulators. Bell gets a spot because he hits hard and has a knack of kicking goals, still improving. For me the sub can be shared around by these speedy types, we've got enough flexibility within the team to cover injuries, these blokes can come on and offer us run and carry late in the game.
Not far off the mark White stiff if not in team no doubt depth much better

Yep very stiff, nice to have this problem. White, Walker(auto in), Sheehan, Buckley, Casey and Graham should all be pushing for selection .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They think they have guns on every line, talk about getting ahead of yourself.
I tried to get an answer out of them but they just returned with we'll see next week, I asked which position or area of the ground have you guys got carlton covered? Couldn't get a straight answer!

I cant think of any tiger player that would be considered a gun
Cotchin, Martin surely in the gun category? Deledio is overrated big time! Rance, Reiwoldt next and the rest are average and below!

I tried to get an answer out of them but they just returned with we'll see next week, I asked which position or area of the ground have you guys got carlton covered? Couldn't get a straight answer!

I guess they will surprise us with their so called "guns".

Trying to come up with a 22 for round 1. I can't do it, but here is the best I can do

FB; K Jaksch, M Jamison, Z Touhy
HB; K Simpson, S Rowe, C Yarran
C; D Thomas, B Gibbs, S Docherty
R; C Wood, C Judd, M Murphy
HF, T Menzel, L Henderson, A Everitt
FF; L Casboult, L Jones, P Cripps

Int; A Carrazzo, E Curnow

And then these 4 are fighting for the last 2 spots;
D Buckley, J Tutt, S White, T Bell

Boekhurst and Smith can go back to the 2nds and get some more run in their legs, I'm just not sure they could run out an AFL game if called upon early as a sub. I'm confident they will both get games b4 the end of the season.

Cotchin, Martin surely in the gun category? Deledio is overrated big time! Rance, Reiwoldt next and the rest are average and below!
Surely not , don't rate any of those yellow and black tossers !!! Blues by 10 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back