Preview Rnd 1- Carlton v Richmond Thursday 16th March 7.20M @ MCG - Team - Post #898

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerns over leg speed…

We look slow so our disposal has to be spot on, which is usually an issue this early in the season for most sides…
Yup, and we can't catch anyone by surprise with most of our centre bounce looks, which was a huge part of our scoring chances in that early run last year.
I disagree tbh, there backline looks old and slow, we should be able to exploit this with our athletic forwards. We at least break even with the midfield and Weiters usually has Lynch in his pocket, McGovern on Riewoldt should work, only concern is Dusty and if he is in a mood nothing will stop him..
Agree completely, is Vlaustin going to be able to outsprint and jump Harry.. Grimes wont be able to keep up with Charlie..

The richmond forwards look short as well, might allow Young to go into the Ruck instead of Silvagni when TDK needs a spell.
They've got a mix of athleticism and experience back there, with Balta covering McKay, and someone like Grimes on Charlie. Hopefully it doesn't bait Voss into bringing Pittonet on and deploying TDK there, because that would backfire hard.
Samson Ryan was named as an emergency. Miller or Balta will be their second ruck which is a bit more manageable for SOS. IMO the ruck issue will be can TDK match Nankervis.
Would be Miller of the two, but they'll surely have Lynch handling ruck duties in the F50.
14 listed AFL players (- 1 sub) available for the VFL.

Which means we go into week 1 with 36 available players. Not brilliant. But not catastrophic either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
9 including the two on injury reserve, but Fogarty and Durdin are already back with the main group and should bob up somewhere next week. So real number is more like 5, but two of those are probably 2 months away, and the rest could easily creep out that far too.
Dwayne Suggesting Pittonet as the sub. TDK rucks entire first half, goes forward second half, stretches the defence late

Pitto subbed in for a midfielder or utility type (Newman???) and then rucks second half.

Gives a fresh ruckman against a solo ruckman.

Honestly I don’t know if it would work, but I’d love to be a a club that would roll the dice and try something out of the box like this & see what happens. Would be a disaster if we need the sub early for an injury
Potentially a nightmare scenario if Richmond's running game gets going. Let's not rely on Dwayne's football nous here though.

Ed surprises me.

From me expectation of delisting to playing RD1 - that’s amazing!

Glad I’m not a selector. :D

The coaches must have plans for him and Ed must offer something that our young players don’t have as yet. Can’t wait to see him do well

Exciting times

Let’s chalk up our first win, us by 13 points
Bring it on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back