List Mgmt. Round 1, 2015 Full strength team

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to start round 1 with the tallest backline that has ever been assembled in the AFL

Gardiner Clarke Watts
Mcstay Andrews Paparone

That's gonna be a scary backline in a couple of years.

Especially for people suffering Acrophobia...

Just some news from the opposition camp:

"Collingwood defender Ben Reid's horror run with injury has continued with the All-Australian defender tearing his good calf muscle and will miss four to six weeks of the pre-season."

Just some news from the opposition camp:

"Collingwood defender Ben Reid's horror run with injury has continued with the All-Australian defender tearing his good calf muscle and will miss four to six weeks of the pre-season."
Ouch. Couldnt care less about collingwood but kinda feel for reid. Reminds me abit of Drummond. A lot of potential but cant get a break through injuries.

Ouch. Couldnt care less about collingwood but kinda feel for reid. Reminds me abit of Drummond. A lot of potential but cant get a break through injuries.
His work up forward in 2013 was incredible. Kicked plenty of goals for a defender. Will back him to be fit for round one, he'll have about two months of work to catch up with the rest of the guys - barring any other setbacks.

You guys having Christensen on the bench or as sub are doing this because of his back concerns i hope.
Fully fit only Rockliff and Beams are ahead of him in your side.
If he gets going he could surpass the both of them.
Enjoy

You guys having Christensen on the bench or as sub are doing this because of his back concerns i hope.
Enjoy

As a small forward maybe.

Enjoy
I think people who have listed him as a sub have generally done so because of the likelihood that he will need to be eased into it due to his back injury. As for those who have listed him on the bench, interchanges are so regular that he will be on the field within 90 seconds.

Love Christensen, but he's not above Hanley.

FWIW I think he's equal with Zorko. Both are linebreaking, goal sneering small forwards who can pitch hit in the midfield and if Squizzy can keep up his trajectory they're going to cause a massive headache for the opposition. With the addition of Green, and I think we've got the most dangerous Mozzie squad in the league.

Love Christensen, but he's not above Hanley.

FWIW I think he's equal with Zorko. Both are linebreaking, goal sneering small forwards who can pitch hit in the midfield and if Squizzy can keep up his trajectory they're going to cause a massive headache for the opposition. With the addition of Green, and I think we've got the most dangerous Mozzie squad in the league.
There is only one mozzie squad. Others are pretenders. ;)

Enjoy

yeh well let's see hey? but ahead of Hanley I wouldn't think so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love zorko and I love having him in the team. But for me this might be his make or break season. He honestly hasnt had too much competition for spots until now with robbo beams and christensen fighting for the mid forward roles and even aish and mayes. Im worried if he has his lapses where he doesnt impact the games we might see him getting dropped more often then not.

Last season he was one of the first picked but things might change. I hope he knows this and works his arse off cause when he is on he makes us a dangerous side without beams and christensen.

Last edited:
I love zorko and I love having him in the team. But for me this might be his make or break season. He honestly hasnt had too much competition for spots until now with robbo beams and christensen fighting for the mid forward roles and even aish and mayes. Im worried if he has his lapses where he doesnt impact the games we might see him getting dropped more often then not.

Last season he was one of the first picked but things might change. I hope he knows this and works his arse off cause when he is on he makes us a dangerous side without beams and christensen.
Zorko's spot is in the team and nowhere else. He is an A-Grader and he is firmly in the best 22, suggesting otherwise is simply ludicrous.

Zorko's spot is in the team and nowhere else. He is an A-Grader and he is firmly in the best 22, suggesting otherwise is simply ludicrous.
I don't see how its 'simply ludicrous'. Albeit his spot is in the team I just feel if he keeps having those 2-3 game lapses he might get dropped. Only a good sign of a healthy midfield list though.

I don't see how its 'simply ludicrous'. Albeit his spot is in the team I just feel if he keeps having those 2-3 game lapses he might get dropped. Only a good sign of a healthy midfield list though.
Going by that logic, the whole side bar Rockliff would've been dropped. Even Hanley went through a patch where he didn't do much.

I agree. 100%

This season may well decide if he is A-Grade or B :cool:

Going by that logic, the whole side bar Rockliff would've been dropped. Even Hanley went through a patch where he didn't do much.
But isn't that a good thing? We now have a list in the midfield where the players that aren't performing don't need to be there unless injuries.

Zorko is one of my favourites and one of the first id pick week in week out. But now he has some genuine pressure on his possie.

While I agree that there is increased pressure on Zorko, I don't think that equates to "make or break". I see Zorko as being capable of playing at least 3 roles - high half forward, on ball and deep small forward. Unless his form goes backwards, then it is hard not to see him playing one of those three roles every week.

The interesting thing for me is how long Leppa runs him on ball. I thought he did reasonably well as a second string mid behind Rocky, Reddo and Pearce. Not sure he'll get the same chances though next year.

My team - Round 1

B:
Darcy Gardiner, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Harwood
HB: Jed Adcock, Justin Clarke, Daniel Rich
C: James Aish, Dayne Beams, Pearce Hanley
HF: Sam Mayes, Daniel McStay, Dayne Zorko
F: Josh Green, Michael Close, Stefan Martin
R: Matthew Leuenberger, Tom Rockliff, Jack Redden
I/C: Mitch Robinson, Lewis Taylor, Allen Christensen
Sub: Rohan Bewick

Em: (from) Brent Staker, Tom Cutler, Luke McGuane, Marco Paparone, Jonathan Freeman

Last edited:
Zork for mine will keep his spot.. He's the type of player who doesn't need the 25+ touches to influence a game. Like your Cyril Riolis and such. Our best chaser too.
Mark him down for 1 goal a game.. So 24.

Zorko will move into primarily a midfield role next year, don't be surprised to see him start most games in the centre square, his ability to win the ball at the contest, spread and link up by hand will be a vital cog to our game plan. I would pencil him down for a 25 plus possession season. He is my sneaky at this stage for an early season bet for top 5 in the brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back